WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Engine run stands anyone ?

scottchbrite

Reaction score
Debating on a run stand for pre installs , any Imates have one ?
I built one for a mentor of mine. He builds a lot of stock and super stock carburetors. He needed a “test stand“ for the carbs, so I built him the stand and a big compression/crammed engine to go on it. We also used it for our race cars and what ever other engines we built. Really valuable tool if you build engines or carbs in his case.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Eliminator used to have one that might? be still laying around?
Was from back in the day when Jerry May was there, doing run out on crate Hemi and GM crate 572s
Call the shop tomorrow, ask for Kenny Smith.

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
I built one for a mentor of mine. He builds a lot of stock and super stock carburetors. He needed a “test stand“ for the carbs, so I built him the stand and a big compression/crammed engine to go on it. We also used it for our race cars and what ever other engines we built. Really valuable tool if you build engines or carbs in his case.
This one looks decent and reasonable

Attachments

• lar-mets-1_xl.jpg
    lar-mets-1_xl.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 74

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
Eliminator used to have one that might? be still laying around?
Was from back in the day when Jerry May was there, doing run out on crate Hemi and GM crate 572s
Call the shop tomorrow, ask for Kenny Smith.
That would be cool Phone number ?

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
This one looks decent and reasonable
The rear crossbar on some of them is a little flimsy. It gets a little more noticeable with a BBF and iron heads. In your case, a big blower and chiller add some heft. On the one I had, I made a yoke to hold an old bell housing, so the supports were vertical. In my case, I liked the housing because there was often a clutch assembly on it. The other thing to look into is nice casters with good locks.

obnoxious001

Engine building character
Reaction score
Debating on a run stand for pre installs , any Imates have one ?
Tom, I've got one, but in the past have even run stuff on the engine cradles that are available for like $40 from Summit and Jegs. The stand that I currently have was purpose built, but not commercially done, and I have it drilled so I can run an engine on one of the cradles, then unbolt the cradle from the run stand to be picked up. I did upgrade the wheels that were originally on it to larger diameter ones that I can push around myself with an engine on it. It has a plastic fuel tank that was given to me. I can see about some photos. Just saw some guy advertising nice ones for like $2500 plus shipping, but as Joe said, get some tubing and weld something together.

obnoxious001

Engine building character
Reaction score
IMG_20240403_134555982_HDR[1].jpg

If you look closely, this was some sort of table originally I guess. The base is simply 2 x 4's with the wood across them. I upgraded the wheels after it was given to me and bolted on the cross members. The 2 x 4's on top are simply risers since I was running a SBC that had a problem with the street type headers interfering with the stand. I added the plastic fuel tank, someone else had made up the control panel. I thought I had a photo with an engine on it, but was not able to find it. It's not shiny and exotic, but didn't cost me $2500 or more like some on the market. Guess I should have sent an engine cradle on it to give the full effect.

bonesfab

Reaction score
I have one from the place in Riverside that sells them. My buddy had it and he has it all set up for efi. I ended up with it after he closed his shop. They are nice to have. Did my buddies blown ls for his boat. got a base tune in it so it would start and run instead of trying to do that on the boat ramp. Did another bbc for another guy to make sure it was ready for the dyno. Dyno dude was happy as it was ll just plug and play for him.