WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

I’m a shitty golfer...

Joker

Reaction score
IMG_6654.jpeg

Joker

Reaction score
Great finishing hole on a really good course.

PS. Guessing it was wide open today! There were a crapload of Sunday openings and next to nothing on Sat when i checked. 😳
Had maybe 50 out on Sunday, so yeah it was a breeze.

Reactions: DWC

YeahYeah01

Reaction score
Perfect weather today! Scored well but I didn't feel like I played well just stayed out of trouble and managed to make a bunch of scramble pars. Shooting in the 70s is freaking hard. I trippled hole one and then never worse then a Bogey for an 81.

Hoping I can sneak in some 70s this summer ateast a few times. I've only done it twice and that was last year.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240515-152539.png
    Screenshot_20240515-152539.png
    180 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

Aces & Eights

Reaction score
Not a baller or that good of a golfer like you guys. I’ll be playing a lot more consistently now that I just retired. I played Vista Valencia today, I was crappy on the front 9 but turned it around and played decent on the back 9.

Attachments

• IMG_2031.jpeg
    IMG_2031.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 18

YeahYeah01

Reaction score
Not a baller or that good of a golfer like you guys. I’ll be playing a lot more consistently now that I just retired. I played Vista Valencia today, I was crappy on the front 9 but turned it around and played decent on the back 9.
Congratulations on the retirement! Just get out there and have fun and enjoy being out of the race.

YeahYeah01

Reaction score
Played Monday and went in super confident, even after 6 with 2 birdies . Doubled 7, bogie, bogie. 40 on the front. Not terrible but a shitty finish. 3 pars, one bird, 2 bogs and 3 doubles lol. First OB in a while and then did it again. 43 on the back. Carded 83.

Only had 29 putts and I think the 1st time I've had 3 birds but totally imploded on the back the OBs killed me those were the doublesmb

It's always 1 step forward and 2 steps back lol.

ahavasu

Reaction score
Played a weekend tournament at Indian Wells. Greens were shot, but the rest of the course was amazing. Players was hard as hell, Celebrity course better but also difficult. Perfect weather and great company. My riding partner won the tournament. He has a big handicap and alot of luck.
1000001612.jpg
1000001624.jpg
1000001607.jpg
1000001587.jpg

Albert

Reaction score
Played Red Rock Vegas always like this course not too hard . But there is a 243 par 3 which is bs when you don’t have a 5 wood 😂. I had to chock up on a driver and 🙏🏼
IMG_3164.jpeg
IMG_3165.jpeg
IMG_3165.jpeg

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
Played the El Camino Member/Guest tournament again this year. 3rd time. Missed out on the playoff by two points this year. I wasn't helping my partner as much as I should have. Missing a few relatively short points caused us to miss out. Made a clutch birdie to win a Scotch match and $150 bucks though. Frustrating to miss putts by an inch. Those greens are quick, and not many are flat.

Played a Tuesday practice round, a Thursday practice round, then the Scotch 9. On Friday played twenty seven holes, then on
Saturday 18 more. Still trying to dial in my new clubs and correct swing path. Had lots of great chips and hitting lots of fairways off the tee though.

YeahYeah01

Reaction score
8.9. lowest I've ever been. Golf is crazy. I'm struggling with irons right now. Even missing with irons..but now all of sudden I can hit fairways. Putting and chipping is decent. So even though I'm shitty at one thing I'm still scoring.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240614-192622.png
    Screenshot_20240614-192622.png
    463.9 KB · Views: 6

DWC

Reaction score
8.9. lowest I've ever been. Golf is crazy. I'm struggling with irons right now. Even missing with irons..but now all of sudden I can hit fairways. Putting and chipping is decent. So even though I'm shitty at one thing I'm still scoring.

Solid index. It’s fun on the way down except for the friendly bets😬. Mine is on the way back down after a string of scores from 88-90 I found my driver and short game. Unfortunately, lost my short irons somehow. F’g game is the most frustrating and most rewarding. The 76 was my best round in a while. First hole was a text book birdie and then it was a string of short game miracles.

IMG_6590.jpeg
IMG_6591.jpeg

YeahYeah01

Reaction score
Im still not scoring in the 70s just hitting low 80s consistently. Most of golf buddies don't keep an index so it basically just playing against my self.

76 is is incredibly good. I've only broken 80s twice last year. Hoping this year I can repeat it. Even when in struggling I'm still scoring well and it much easier then it used to be. I'm staying out of trouble for most part but my local courses are a bit forgiving on most holes of you miss so I'm sure that's part of the lower index right now. I'm sure I'll head back up sooner than later lol.
Solid index. It’s fun on the way down except for the friendly bets😬. Mine is on the way back down after a string of scores from 88-90 I found my driver and short game. Unfortunately, lost my short irons somehow. F’g game is the most frustrating and most rewarding. The 76 was my best round in a while. First hole was a text book birdie and then it was a string of short game miracles.

View attachment 1388140 View attachment 1388141

DWC

Reaction score
Im still not scoring in the 70s just hitting low 80s consistently. Most of golf buddies don't keep an index so it basically just playing against my self.

76 is is incredibly good. I've only broken 80s twice last year. Hoping this year I can repeat it. Even when in struggling I'm still scoring well and it much easier then it used to be. I'm staying out of trouble for most part but my local courses are a bit forgiving on most holes of you miss so I'm sure that's part of the lower index right now. I'm sure I'll head back up sooner than later lol.
If I’ve learned anything, it always goes back up😂. Mine usually jumps up in the winter. Even in my younger years my back isn’t a fan of cold weather.
Put me on a wide open desert course where i can hit my low, snap hook and I feel pretty good. Long, wet courses and i never know.

YeahYeah01

Reaction score
If I’ve learned anything, it always goes back up😂. Mine usually jumps up in the winter. Even in my younger years my back isn’t a fan of cold weather.
Put me on a wide open desert course where i can hit my low, snap hook and I feel pretty good. Long, wet courses and i never know.
Learning to hit a low snap hook and be fade from the be trouble areas is one of my best parts of my game. But this week my snap didn't snap and I got a triple bogey to show for it. Lol.

But a couple weeks back me a a couple buddy's played and it was slowwwew messing around there was a crow sitting on a electric box about up 70 yards Out. We were waiting to hit. Told them I'm going to pop the pelican off it's perch. Pure tin cup style. They called bull shit. I hit a perfect low draw one, one hopped right into the box and off flew that black bird. Some shit you wish you had on camera.

• Haha

Aces & Eights

Reaction score
Played Sand Canyon Country Club today, Desert-Mountain. In accordance with the title of this post, I was shitty at golf today. Shot a 96, had a 6:20 am tee time, it got a little warm the last few holes.

Albert

Reaction score
Played Los Serranos North in Chino on Friday played without really thinking of the game just going thru the motions .Hit every fairway w my driver except 18 (because I told myself this one always gets me not sure why) and missed a few putts. Overall it was a decent day of golf shot a 82 for me is an excellent round . I’ve played it many times. Cheap decent course .
IMG_3585.jpeg
IMG_3586.jpeg

Last edited:

YeahYeah01

Reaction score
Went for a range session this morning to try and work on my irons and got a full case of the shanks. Finally got few decent shots on the last few balls but shit it was bad.

• Wow

DWC

Reaction score
Played Los Serranos North in Chino on Friday played without really thinking of the game just going thru the motions .Hit every fairway w my driver except 18 (because I told myself this one always gets me not sure why) and missed a few putts. Overall it was a decent day of golf shot a 82 for me is an excellent round . I’ve played it many times. Cheap decent course . View attachment 1388382 View attachment 1388381
Nice round. I gotta get through the first 5 holes in good shape for a decent game. The remaining holes require some local knowledge.

Aces & Eights

Reaction score
I sucked at golf today, especially with the putter. I had absolutely no feel at all. Shot a 95 at Rancho Park and had 39 putts.
IMG_2213.jpeg

satellitemike

Reaction score
Played El Prado for the first time in probably a dozen years, 43 on the front and 41 on the back, no complaints other than a cart that died about 200 yards out on the first hole, lol.
My drives seemed dead, broke out some new balls, chrome soft, at the turn and probably added 30 yards.
Do golf balls wear out?
Probably 2 and a half rounds on balls.