WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

I just can’t win

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
It’s also gone through a motor and tranny and I feel like the motor and tranny are on borrowed time now. 240k on it
If your worried about the issues with the front ball joints, replace the ball joints and the control arms that they sit in. There’s nothing magical about it, make it all fresh and let it rip.
Mechanical stuff can fail, it happens

Member: 71

M ǝ ɯ q ǝ ɹ : 7 1
Reaction score
One of those days when you just feel like giving up. Fuck man, I just don’t get it. Why me, why does life always have to kick me in the balls. Such a good day went to shit so fast. I’ll get over it, I’m just frustrated I guess

If it was easy, everyone would be doing it.

Keep doing what you’re doing, stay in your lane and step on the gas. 👍🏽👍🏽

kevin1988

Reaction score
I manage a fast food restaurant. There's days that nothing goes right. Equipment breaks, customers are shitty ect. I tell my employees "You wouldn't know what a good day is if you never had a bad day."

Shitty day, but it will make you appreciate the good days that much more.

v6toy4x

Reaction score
Be VERY happy that didnt happen, as someone already said, at freeway speeds in the fast lane. Ask me how I know!

Be happy you are getting a new truck! I just may go bust the front of my truck in solidarity----"HONEY I NEED A NEW TRUCK" 🍻

Your ad here

Reaction score
Just get a new or newer truck and move on. You are really torturing yourself with this truck thing and have been for awhile.

Sherpa

Reaction score
you broke a balljoint... the tire did not fall off. no biggie. yes, the $14 per hour 'manager" is a 3rd grade little douchebag............

I would have had it towed to my house, dropped in my driveway, had a couple cocktails, and then fixed it when I had time.

that balljoint pin sheared......... did the same thing happen you mentioned before???? sheared pin?

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
you broke a balljoint... the tire did not fall off. no biggie. yes, the $14 per hour 'manager" is a 3rd grade little douchebag............

I would have had it towed to my house, dropped in my driveway, had a couple cocktails, and then fixed it when I had time.

that balljoint pin sheared......... did the same thing happen you mentioned before???? sheared pin?
Last time was the bearings

Brokeboatin221

Reaction score
When you posted this I thought you had cancer or something..... Balljoints will break thank god you weren’t hauling ass with your family down the freeway or something. It’s weird how they always seem to beak slow moving or a stop. Get some good quality balljoints and a 18pk of beer. Screw buying a new payment...... as for America’s tire I think I’d rather have the high school auto shop work on my truck.....

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
When you posted this I thought you had cancer or something..... Balljoints will break thank god you weren’t hauling ass with your family down the freeway or something. It’s weird how they always seem to beak slow moving or a stop. Get some good quality balljoints and a 18pk of beer. Screw buying a new payment...... as for America’s tire I think I’d rather have the high school auto shop work on my truck.....
I think I’ve been carrying a lot of stress and trying to push through it. I think yesterday went sideways and I wasn’t able to deal with it quick enough. I think I was too tired and I kind of shut down. I feel better today. Ready to get some of these kids their aws welding certs and have a good day.

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
I think I’ve been carrying a lot of stress and trying to push through it. I think yesterday went sideways and I wasn’t able to deal with it quick enough. I think I was too tired and I kind of shut down. I feel better today. Ready to get some of these kids their aws welding certs and have a good day.

Some days things just go so bad that all you can do is laugh at yourself and the situation. Getting to that point can be hard though. Ive had my fair share of bad car juju lately too. Hopefully we're both past it

Is now a good time to suggest an F150? I'm told they can tow anything

Last edited:

clarence

Reaction score
Zeus! Send me what trial thou wilt! For I have endowments and resources, given to me by thee, to bring myself honor through what befalls!

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
Look at 98% of the guys posts. It’s all he does here, 🤡

Holding on to that from last night so you could use it in the future :rolleyes: If the Guys in Havasu bother you, Stay out of Havasu. It will work, I promise you.

Have fun, life is Good.

You have to understand, sometimes the Truth Stings.;)

wzuber

Reaction score
Vic your a good dude, sometimes bad things happen to good people. It's life, frustraighting at times but all in all worth the effort. From your original post here I assumed your truck was totaled in an accident with an un-insured illegal or sumptin...this is a easy fix in comparison. You put a lot of stress on yourself which is good and bad. Good/needed to build a quality life for you and your family but bad when it gets out of balance, you become tired/exhausted and are running on adrenaline and then something of a more minor nature like this happens and it feels overwhelming at the moment, you are not able to take it in stride and over-react a little bit. It's life's way of sending you a message. What's the message? It appears to me ease up on the push, get some rest, regain some balance and put this in it's proper perspective. Sounds like you have already started with a little sleep. From what you've described here it also sounds/looks like your auto maintenance plan could benefit from some improvement. Consistant regular intervals of oil/fluid changes etc go along way to Preventing or minimizing major problems. Life is simply giving you some messages, are you receiving them? With some rest and perspective you will be better able to receive them and deal with them. In challenging moments like these we can only deal with what's in our hands at that moment, our perspective, our reactions, our attitudes, and our choices. You have already acknowledged how much better you handled this sitch. from how you would have in the past and that's a great step in the journey. Be proud of that, your on the right track. When I first came on this site you were contemplating jumping the fence of the impound yard to get a baby stroller. You've come along way dude and it's been a very inspirational journey. Get some rest, gain some perspective, have a laugh about all this temporary problem and keep on truckin. Your on a good path.

dave29

Reaction score
He’s just talking out of his ass. I had a great day in the stock market hence the reason the day went to shit so fast after the market was closed. Not worth a reply though, I’m tired and gotta be up for work at 3. My friend is going to pick me up on his way in. I only have a handful of friends but the ones I have I can always count on
I'll trade you. You can have my cancer and I'll take your shitty day!

PaPaG

Reaction score
I can say one thing for sure, thank GOD it happened when the truck was in a parking lot going slow vs fwy speed possibly ending your and others lives...in my opinion you got VERY LUCKY this BROKE at the exact time it did...I would be jumping up and down thankful for that. IT is all how you look at it. Sucks that bad things happen but thankful this happened the way it did...glad no one was hurt.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I lost a really good friend on my birthday Jan 3. Thursday was the anniversary of my cousin Luke’s passing. He was my best friend in the whole world. My baby boy is named luke after him. I really think I need to take the advice and get some rest to make sure I’m taking care of me.

nowski

Reaction score
In perspective you simply hit a bump in the road, fate was on your side, nobody got hurt, sounds like a Win to me.

Always remember there is a solution to every problem or situation that you find yourself in, how you handle them defines who you are. I've passed this philosophy onto my kids now there running with it...

Cdog

Reaction score
Buy the whole replacement arm with new bushings & ball joint. You’ll also need a torsion bar spring tool.

you should do both of the other hasn’t been done yet.

I replaced mine at 200k miles. It was a bitch & I have a press.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Vic let us know your max budget on a truck and we can all keep a look out for you and find a good deal for you.

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
Buy the whole replacement arm with new bushings & ball joint. You’ll also need a torsion bar spring tool.

you should do both of the other hasn’t been done yet.

This. I would strongly suggest buying OE arms, knowing what I know about aftermarket suspension parts.

I replaced mine at 200k miles. It was a bitch & I have a press.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Vic let us know your max budget on a truck and we can all keep a look out for you and find a good deal for you.
I’d like to stay under 30k. 25k would be even better. There’s an 07 duramax in the classifieds I’d like to go look at

CLdrinker

Reaction score
I’d like to stay under 30k. 25k would be even better. There’s an 07 duramax in the classifieds I’d like to go look at
Must be a diesel? Going to have very high mileage at that price point.
If you can do gas 1/2ton you can get a nice truck for your budget.
I will start looking.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Just remember - that truck has the same control arms and ball joints! If your main concern is the issue you just had, replace the front arms and balljoints with quality replacement stuff. If you havent dont the wheel bearings recently, get some quality timkin assemblies and do those to while the wheels are off (3 bolts per side, easy).

I've had a balljoint break, on my 72 chevelle. All fresh stuff, defective balljoint. Car dropped to the ground and stuff the front tire as I was turning a corner in my neighborhood luckily. It can happen, my buddy just had the same thing happen on his Toyota Tundra, and his truck has done it twice!

I feel ya on wanting a newer truck, I have the itch too. My 04 silverado is mint and is a nice truck,, but i'm looking to get rid of the economy car and get a newer truck to replace both the "river truck" and the commuter. Sick of washing 2 vehicles that get stored outside, and lately the economy car just sits and i'm rolling a company truck since I moved closer to the office.

May go look at a truck today.....and my MINT 2004 may be for sale :D

Wedgy

Reaction score
Vic. Perspective Sir. Get some. I've got a few true stories for you, if you need a boost, after all the care and good advice given so far from a good many Inmates who obviously care about you and Fam. Hell even I think about you going by on the 15.

You are in the top 1% of the world's well off population if you make over 35K per year. I know you're way past there. Enjoy life. We only get 1 chance to make it what we want it to be. You are in control of You.
"B gooood"

CLdrinker

Reaction score
C1E42F28-0224-425E-909F-7526BBB0E255.png

6F5235B9-FEEC-4A46-91AD-141E2029A0B7.png

HST4ME

Reaction score
Got off work at 2 and came home. It was still early maybe 230-245 and I needed to have the tires rotated so I drove right by the house and went to America’s tire. Got there and signed in, they same out and measured tread for mileage etc. guy came back and said it won’t be done till 5. Wife calls at the same to me and asks if I was just home and left. I said yea, can you come pick me up at America’s. She comes and gets me and I tell the guys I’ll be back, they said cool well text you. About 10 minutes later I get home and they are calling me. Guys said uh mr sandoval I hate to be the bearer of bad news but your tire fell off. I said what do you mean. I could hear art, the manager, in the background say just tell him he needs to come down here. We turn around and head back. We get there and in the middle of the parking lot there’s my truck blocking traffic. Missing a front tire but not in a good way. The guy had cranked the wheel and maxed it out and when he hit the little dip the ball joint let go. That’s what I’m assuming anyways. I go inside and art the manager said did you get your truck? I said no it’s in the middle of the street missing a wheel. He said no. I mean is that your truck. I said yea what happened? He said nothing, we went to move it and there it is. I said ok well how are we going to fix this? He said I’m not, it’s not my problem. I said well what do you want me to do? He said get it towed or I’ll have it impounded. I walked outside and told my wife she could go home, I’d take care of it. I guess she saw that look in my eyes, because she said I’m not going anywhere. I went back in and asked for the corporate number. He gave me the wrong number, and said that was the only number he had. He went to the back so I approached another employee, and asked how I could get a hold of his district manager, and he said we only have corporates number. He gave me a different number. I just said, it’s funny your manager gave me a different number, but that’s ok. I spoke with someone from corporate and they must have told him something because like an hour later he comes out trying to kiss my ass. He said he opened a claim blah blah blah. A few minutes later someone else from corporate calls and smooths things over. Whatever, I’m over it. I call triple a and they said they’ll send a truck. Well 6:40 he shows up. Gets mad at me because he said where it’s at he can’t access the front or the back. Lots of back and forth him and the manager art and go at it for a while. Sometime later it’s decided to just push the truck Back into the stall. I guess I’ll deal with it tomorrow after work. The shitty part is, it was a bad deal, but it was handled so poorly it just went from bad to worse. Then I get a tow truck driver who just does not want to do his job. I have long videos of the shit show but I won’t post them. I was waiting for my truck to slip off the Jack and we’d really have fun. By the way I’ve always loved americas tire. I’ve always used them and I’ve spent thousand of dollars there. Kind of just bums me out that much more View attachment 972357 View attachment 972358 View attachment 972359
Paragraphs bro.....

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Helping some kids get their AWS Welding Certs or worrying about your tire/ball joints? You made the right decision. Keep on going on.

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
Bummer Vic, glad it happened at a slow speed, if your family was with you on the freeway and it let go, that could have been really bad.

Consider yourself blessed man. Shrug it off and just keep moving like always.

If you had a quality shop you were working with instead of a tire store, they would have found that long before it broke. It had a shitload of play before it gave up.

Tire stores are barely competent to do tires IMO. Do yourself and your family a favor and find someone good who gives a shit to look at your vehicles at least yearly.

Your ad here

Reaction score
You need to make a decision on what you want or need to do! You need some help man, lol. From what I've read on here about your wife, and all good things, give her the keys to the truck and tell her to come home with a different (newer) truck. Don't find anything to complain about it. Just enjoy it and go about life one day at a time.

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
If a broken ball joint caused this level of Trauma...you most certainly don’t want a diesel.

That 07 is exactly the same truck as yours, except is has a full floater rear axle instead of a c-clip 14 bolt. Everything under the hood costs 10 times as much to fix, the rest of the truck wears the same and costs the same to fix.

Save $20K, spend a few grand on yours to bring it up to snuff, and drive it for another 10 years.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
If a broken ball joint caused this level of Trauma...you most certainly don’t want a diesel.

That 07 is exactly the same truck as yours, except is has a full floater rear axle instead of a c-clip 14 bolt. Everything under the hood costs 10 times as much to fix, the rest of the truck wears the same and costs the same to fix.

Save $20K, spend a few grand on yours to bring it up to snuff, and drive it for another 10 years.
Its not really the broken ball joint. The bearings went out in a few months ago and the wheel came off and it wasn’t the big of a deal. It’s the way it was handled. I couldn’t believe it and honestly didn’t know what to do. I shut down. The money or the truck I don’t think even mattered. I was put ins situation I didn’t know how to get out of. I kept asking my wife what to do and she didn’t know either. It was a really shitty feeling. It also really really bothers me when someone else breaks my stuff. I’m not blaming them but I wasn’t driving when it broke and that really bothers me for some reason

zhandfull

Reaction score
You think your day was bad, think about that shop managers day. Lol..

A customer brings in a vehicle for a free tire rotation and the wheel falls off before it even makes it in the bay. Then customer thinks the shop should fix it. That’s jacked up!

I know it’s not funny now but hopefully in the future you can have a good laugh about the whole situation.

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
Just remember - that truck has the same control arms and ball joints! If your main concern is the issue you just had, replace the front arms and balljoints with quality replacement stuff. If you havent dont the wheel bearings recently, get some quality timkin assemblies and do those to while the wheels are off (3 bolts per side, easy).

I've had a balljoint break, on my 72 chevelle. All fresh stuff, defective balljoint. Car dropped to the ground and stuff the front tire as I was turning a corner in my neighborhood luckily. It can happen, my buddy just had the same thing happen on his Toyota Tundra, and his truck has done it twice!

I feel ya on wanting a newer truck, I have the itch too. My 04 silverado is mint and is a nice truck,, but i'm looking to get rid of the economy car and get a newer truck to replace both the "river truck" and the commuter. Sick of washing 2 vehicles that get stored outside, and lately the economy car just sits and i'm rolling a company truck since I moved closer to the office.

May go look at a truck today.....and my MINT 2004 may be for sale :D

Details, Please.