WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Kinda looking around for a Hallett

Thunderhead1

Reaction score
I know where there is a real nice 300 with 500 's (Blue motors).... Guy is about to travel the country for the year. He has asked me to take it out once a month and exercise it so it doesn't get trailer rot.

Its the classic yellow grey and purple pins nice boat MCOB very well taken care of.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I know where there is a real nice 300 with 500 's (Blue motors).... Guy is about to travel the country for the year. He has asked me to take it out once a month and exercise it so it doesn't get trailer rot.

Its the classic yellow grey and purple pins nice boat MCOB very well taken care of.

I’d prefer a closed bow but if it’s the right boat?

Bails

Reaction score
I'm headed out to Havasu in the next couple of weeks to get my Hallett 270 detailed and photographed. It's a 1996 Hallett 270 straight bottom with a Mercury 500 HO, with aluminum heads. It is the Holy Grail of Halletts, just ask around :cool:. 450 hours, rebuilt the motor 70 hours ago, added hydraulic steering a few years back. The trailer is a 2012 triple axel. Once I get out there I'll have better pictures, details, and price.
hallett1.jpg

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
There is a 400 with twin 1100's coming up for sale shortly. Side door closed bow if I am not mistaken.
You are mistaken. lol
It‘s mid cabin open bow and no side door
The price is likely going to be up there, certainly not for the I think maybe kind of person. More like the Iv been wanting to build a 400 with that power but I can save a few bucks. The problem is going to be people with that deep of pockets usually don’t want someone else’s boat.

Livewire Fabworks

Reaction score
You are mistaken. lol
It‘s mid cabin open bow and no side door
The price is likely going to be up there, certainly not for the I think maybe kind of person. More like the Iv been wanting to build a 400 with that power but I can save a few bucks. The problem is going to be people with that deep of pockets usually don’t want someone else’s boat.
You are correct, I got this one mixed up with the other 400 Nordic finished up that was supposed to be Nick's boat before he passed that got 600's I think.

Livewire Fabworks

Reaction score
That’s the one that had 1100’s..
The 1100's boat was built for the commercial pool guy. Nick's was originally going to get 700's I think but when Nordic got it they rigged it with 600's. Nick's boat had the side door and closed bow, for some reason i thought i remembered both having the same hull set up but i was mistaken. Both 400's were at Hallett when Nick passed. I think that there is only two with the scaled up 290 Peterson bottom.

LakeMead Boater

Reaction score
The 1100's boat was built for the commercial pool guy. Nick's was originally going to get 700's I think but when Nordic got it they rigged it with 600's. Nick's boat had the side door and closed bow, for some reason i thought i remembered both having the same hull set up but i was mistaken. Both 400's were at Hallett when Nick passed. I think that there is only two with the scaled up 290 Peterson bottom.
The closed bow is my dad’s. When he ended up buying it (and at the time, @RiverDave ended up buying his 340 which Dave should have kept, but I digress lol) the 700’s were temporary suspended. So it was between 600’s or 860’s and at the time, Thane talked him out of the 860’s and he put 600’s in it. But everything is set up to upgrade the ecu and pulleys to make them 700’s. It runs 90 with the 600’s at Mead, so not sure if it’ll ever happen.

The bottoms on both the 1100 open bow and my dad’s were completely reworked from when they were at Hallett. The 1100 boat was completely rigged and it wasn’t right. My dad’s was worked prior to rigging.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
The closed bow is my dad’s. When he ended up buying it (and at the time, @RiverDave ended up buying his 340 which Dave should have kept, but I digress lol) the 700’s were temporary suspended. So it was between 600’s or 860’s and at the time, Thane talked him out of the 860’s and he put 600’s in it. But everything is set up to upgrade the ecu and pulleys to make them 700’s. It runs 90 with the 600’s at Mead, so not sure if it’ll ever happen.

The bottoms on both the 1100 open bow and my dad’s were completely reworked from when they were at Hallett. The 1100 boat was completely rigged and it wasn’t right. My dad’s was worked prior to rigging.

You are a 100% right I should have kept that 340.. dumbest thing ever selling that thing.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
RD might want to run the big blue in Florida. Hence the closed bow.

Just speculating.

I’d like to have AC as well.. if possible a head as well. Pretty rare to get that in a Hallett though

steamin rice

No Bad Days....
Reaction score
If you are open to something other than a Hallett, there are 2 34' Shockwaves for sale pretty cheap. One is the original 34 that was built with 500 EFIs, and the other is ShockwaveBD's 34 that was built with 575s. Both are closed bows. The one with 575s has a vacuflush head, sink, shorepower, etc. I don't know what the one with 500s has in the cabin.

gqchris

Reaction score
You are a 100% right I should have kept that 340.. dumbest thing ever selling that thing.
Why did you sell it Dave? I always like to ask, because youre like me, we fix shit up to our liking and then sell it once everything is perfect.

I still havent hit rock-bottom and told myself "maybe I just like the hunt and the journey?".

I struggle with it. 😂

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Why did you sell it Dave? I always like to ask, because youre like me, we fix shit up to our liking and then sell it once everything is perfect.

I still havent hit rock-bottom and told myself "maybe I just like the hunt and the journey?".

I struggle with it. 😂

I bought it because it was cheap and it was a 10/10.. I ran it twice and was a little work back by the fuel bill but not the end of the world..

At the time I had three boats and decided I only wanted two. So I put my 270 and the 340 up for sale and figured which ever one sells I’ll keep the other. I should have just sold the 270 and kept the 340.

I owned it 11 days and made a pretty good sum on it. Knowing where it ended up and what happened to it after jeff sold it was heart breaking. I wish I would have just kept it.

RD

hallett21

Reaction score
I bought it because it was cheap and it was a 10/10.. I ran it twice and was a little work back by the fuel bill but not the end of the world..

At the time I had three boats and decided I only wanted two. So I put my 270 and the 340 up for sale and figured which ever one sells I’ll keep the other. I should have just sold the 270 and kept the 340.

I owned it 11 days and made a pretty good sum on it. Knowing where it ended up and what happened to it after jeff sold it was heart breaking. I wish I would have just kept it.

RD
What was a weekend fuel bill?

DaveH

Reaction score
There are no rules in racing. 😁
If you look really close, you can see that the opening in the bouys, exiting the harbor is very narrow. The Magic cut to the wrong side to begin with, then instead of going right, kept going straight into oncoming traffic. Magic is wrong 2x IMO

skifaster

Hard Member
Reaction score

RD
What happened to the 340 that was heart breaking? Seems like it was for sale a couple times after Jeff had it?