WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Lake Casitas is full again

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
I remember going camping there in junior high school with my friend and his family. His dad would wake us up at 5am with a beer in his hand. By the time we were leaving the house, he had a nice buzz going. He continued drinking and driving the whole way there. Good times. :oops: 🤣 🤣

Anyways, lake is almost full and about to spill over the first time in 25 years.

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
Sounds like my dad 😁

All the turns on the road up to casitas and him passing cars drunk, we came close to crashing a few times. Didn't stop me from going all the time though. We would setup camp and go fishing all day and try and hookup with the girls at the other campground. We would sneak off beers and cigarettes from his dad too. Some of the best times of my life. 😁

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
I remember going camping there in junior high school with my friend and his family. His dad would wake us up at 5am with a beer in his hand. By the time we were leaving the house, he had a nice buzz going. He continued drinking and driving the whole way there. Good times. :oops: 🤣 🤣

Anyways, lake is almost full and about to spill over the first time in 25 years.

1712162804156.png

Crazyhippy

Haters gonna Hate
Reaction score
I have skied on Casitas, and swam in it multiple times...

Stopping off at Corner Market early enough that they couldn't sell beer yet, so dad would have me walk it straight out to the boat, and we would stop and "buy" it on the way home.

Could be a great lake if the water district would fuck off!

Tank

Reaction score

Sounds like my dad 😁
100%!!! Dad driving the 60’s dodge pickup with 60’s camper on it. 6 pack of banquet beer and a huge bag of beer nuts sitting on the bench between. He’d pass me the can when it was nearly empty and I’d finish them. No seat belts, no cell phones, no AC, no radio. Just sit there and listen to his war stories about working LASD. Great times. Running out of gas and had to hit the manual switch to change gas tanks. 😂

Last edited: