WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

LOL😂😂, Country music....

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I meant it as the record company snatches up someone and hands them a script, I mean song. Here's your hit. Beyonce doesn't write her music. It's handed to her. Happens to a lot of folks.
J-Lo's new album has crashed and burned already too. Barely made the charts for a week before falling off completely.
Guess writing your own stories didn't work out for her this time.🤷‍♂️

mobldj

Reaction score
this guy rick beato knows his shit and says this

Neverbowdown

Reaction score
Darius Rucker stayed consistent with country music for many years to become accepted and he is a genuine dude who can sing well.

I don't see Beyoncé making it in this genre.
Darius has a tremendous voice and he definitely pulls Country music off in my opinion, whatever it's worth.

With that being said, while working in my garage I perked up to hear an interview being conducted with him wherein he was asked how "Was being black in Country music more difficult than per say a white man from the backwoods when you first started out?" My jaw dropped when I heard him reply, "Oh, it wasn't easy being accepted into the Country genre, to this day I still feel I don't get a fair shake when it comes to the charts and I don't get half the recognition non-black Country music artists get."

Granted, this was when the BLM "peaceful protests" were on center stage in the media, and everything else for that matter, and Starbucks was throwing cops out of their shops while cities around the Western seaboard were defunding police and burning down fast food joints. I guess if you want to join in the turmoil and jump on the bandwagon so to speak (sorry, that was a backwoods country reference), what better time to have your voice heard?

I lost so much respect in those 3 minutes I have to force myself to turn his songs down, especially when I actually like his music.

I guess we non-black Americans owe him a sincere apology for the fact his net worth is only 12 Million dollars. Must of all been from his Hootie days.
Just sayin' :mad:

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
Darius has a tremendous voice and he definitely pulls Country music off in my opinion, whatever it's worth.

With that being said, while working in my garage I perked up to hear an interview being conducted with him wherein he was asked how "Was being black in Country music more difficult than per say a white man from the backwoods when you first started out?" My jaw dropped when I heard him reply, "Oh, it wasn't easy being accepted into the Country genre, to this day I still feel I don't get a fair shake when it comes to the charts and I don't get half the recognition non-black Country music artists get."

Granted, this was when the BLM "peaceful protests" were on center stage in the media, and everything else for that matter, and Starbucks was throwing cops out of their shops while cities around the Western seaboard were defunding police and burning down fast food joints. I guess if you want to join in the turmoil and jump on the bandwagon so to speak (sorry, that was a backwoods country reference), what better time to have your voice heard?

I lost so much respect in those 3 minutes I have to force myself to turn his songs down, especially when I actually like his music.

I guess we non-black Americans owe him a sincere apology for the fact his net worth is only 12 Million dollars. Must of all been from his Hootie days.
Just sayin' :mad:
Its just one of those situations where you would have to be Black to understand I suppose. The BLM was really a set back for Black people IMO all driven by wealthy white people pushing liberal views, basically everything you said. Someday just maybe people will cut it with the stupid labels but its hard to do when they continue to push the narrative. Perhaps its seasoning from an early life of being told that. The bullshit media forces that upon him and every Black person. Sticks all that shit in a continuous loop unfortunately.

Country Music is largely a spin of Bluegrass and Blues music way back in the day. Thanks to the Black folks for showing us rhythm. There should be nothing wrong with a Black person singing county music. There was a country music awards show a couple years back when Darius won a big deal award and got a standing ovation by thousands.

Turn it back up my friend and enjoy. I do.

Neverbowdown

Reaction score
Its just one of those situations where you would have to be Black to understand I suppose. The BLM was really a set back for Black people IMO all driven by wealthy white people pushing liberal views, basically everything you said. Someday just maybe people will cut it with the stupid labels but its hard to do when they continue to push the narrative. Perhaps its seasoning from an early life of being told that. The bullshit media forces that upon him and every Black person. Sticks all that shit in a continuous loop unfortunately.

Country Music is largely a spin of Bluegrass and Blues music way back in the day. Thanks to the Black folks for showing us rhythm. There should be nothing wrong with a Black person singing county music. There was a country music awards show a couple years back when Darius won a big deal award and got a standing ovation by thousands.

Turn it back up my friend and enjoy. I do.
I agree with every word, I almost wish I had never heard that interview, I guess I just hoped Darius would've stood up to her and thanked the producers, the sponsors and most importantly the fans for where he is today, not fall in line for fear of being cancelled.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
this guy rick beato knows his shit and says this
I got the same impression from the lyrics....it's like she was trying so hard to convince it's country music by tossing in everything that epitomizes "country".
Lol, I didn't even realize the "Chooo's" actually means "you".😂🤣