WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

LOL😂😂, Country music....

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
First off, I will say I respect her talent immensely but country ain't Beyoncé.
I'm not even a country music fan but good grief, that shit sounds like a hip-hop production with plenty of "Woooo's", "Chooo's" & a pretend country draw on 3 or 4 words.
Is it a wonder country musicians ain't handing out a warm and fuzzy welcome to her?
What's all y'alls take on this?🤪😂

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
I'm not even a country music fan but good grief, that shit sounds like a hip-hop production with plenty of "Woooo's", "Chooo's" & a pretend country draw on 3 or 4 words.
Is it a wonder country musicians ain't handing out a warm and fuzzy welcome to her?
I guess she grew up in Houston.

TeamGreene

Reaction score
Can't give an opinion because I won't listen to it. Not a fan of crossovers, don't care for Darrius Rucker or any other pop/country for that matter IMO Luke Bryan is fucking horrible. There's one exception to crossover artists and that is Aaron Lewis.

Socalx09

Reaction score
I was surprised she released the songs. She is a perfectionist and these just didn’t work out. I know she’s from Texas, and maybe she’s trying to challenge herself. I didn’t enjoy it and I enjoy a lot of her songs.

DLC

Reaction score
Taylor swift was country before she went pop to the top !

nope I’m not a swifty!

But
I saw George straight at MGM many years ago and she a newbe then as a warm up act…

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

Wacha talk'n bout Willis? 🤷‍♂️

angiebaby

Mountain Mama
Reaction score
Taylor swift was country before she went pop to the top !
Was she, though? Just because you write a song and use Tim McGraw in the title doesn't guarantee it's a country song. She's been teeny bopper soft pop since the beginning. Her style now is the same as it was then.

Haven't heard the Beyonce song. They don't play it on Outlaw Country yet.

TeamGreene

Reaction score
"Country music" hasn't been country music in a long time. I don't see anything wrong with Beyonce producing the same junk.
That's true if you simply turn on your local station but real country music is still being made but you have to find it. I haven't listened to my local "country" station in years. If I listen to a radio station it's KXA out of WA state

gmnhra

Reaction score
OK
I will play along....
Tell me any cut from Cody Jinks is not true outlaw, real deal, country....

I'll take your Ali Walker and raise you with Erin Viancourt..

Lots of real talent out there
Typically, you do not find it on the radio or even sirius xm

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
If that aint country . . . it's a damn good joke!

1711482778565.png

Backlash

Reaction score
Good thing we get to pick and choose what we listen to. There's an ass for every seat and an ear for every song. At the end of the day, who cares?
Hey! Get out of here with your reasonableness! 🤣

I think the song sucks as much as RD! 😘

81Sprint

Reaction score
Can't argue with that i would listen to him read the phone book. A phone book is a big book of phone numbers and address' that the phone company use to send out so everyone could look up a number as needed. Thought I needed to qualify that.
I saw him perform for the first time live at the Houston Livestock show and Rodeo in '91. They still had phone books then also 🤣

TeamGreene

Reaction score
We saw him at the Honda Center in Anaheim or whatever its called now.

troostr

GOT MILK?
Reaction score
B can make her way to the train station. Not even good "music". And she says she made a country album because she didn't feel welcomed by country. Well DUUUUHHHH

2Driver

Reaction score
I like country music but just can’t handle the lyrics. It’s just brutal. I don't have time to explain, I have to go get some beer for my horses.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Country Music is where the most money is.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I keep hearing it on a local LHC station.......which is not a country station btw😁😂

Never heard it before. And I listen to KKGO and all the country stations on Spotify.

I definitely won't be adding it to any of my playlists, that's for Damm sure!

😁