WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

North Hills MC Fatality

Bear Down

Reaction score
Glad it was quick for the M/C driver.... Prayers to him

Did someone really put down a coke next to the tire?

Romans9

Reaction score
Wow. That’s really terrible.
This is the exact reason I gave up on street bikes, not worth the risk for me, I take plenty of other risks……
It appears one leg and half his torso was separated.
That’s like a bomb went off.

Surreal video for anyone thinking about getting a bike…

monkeyswrench

To The Rescue!
Reaction score
Riding a bike is serious business. I've always been of the mind that there are those who have wrecked, and those that are going to. I learned how to ride in the city. I learned real quick, ride like you're invisible, because no one sees you. The driver was speeding, but the bike pulled out of a driveway in front of him. A mistake he didn't get a chance to learn from 😔

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Riding a bike is serious business. I've always been of the mind that there are those who have wrecked, and those that are going to. I learned how to ride in the city. I learned real quick, ride like you're invisible, because no one sees you. The driver was speeding, but the bike pulled out of a driveway in front of him. A mistake he didn't get a chance to learn from 😔
I have been down multiple times and still ride. Not long rides anymore but riding still the same. One of my crashes was a semi that ran me off the road and almost ran us over. Ended up under a truck in a parking lot. The girlfriend on the back with me never screamed or anything....just rode it down with me as I put it down so as not to T-bone the truck in the parking lot. I should have married her :) Made sure after surgery to get another bike and get back on right away. If I didn't I would never have ridden again.

RIP to the rider in the video

4Waters

Reaction score
It’s likely the result would have been same if he was in a car or on the bike
More than likely, a hit like that to the drivers door would have been devastating but a hit to the front end he probably would have survived, badly injured but alive.

Tank

Reaction score
Every car is trying to kill You. Every car is going to change lanes in front of you, pull out in front of you, turn in front of you.

That’s what runs through my head every single time I ride.

Romans9

Reaction score
It’s likely the result would have been same if he was in a car or on the bike

His body was ripped apart. Much worse for the family to have to deal with.

I’m not against bikes, i used to love them but at some point the risk surpassed the reward for me However I would never try to keep anyone else from enjoying their own liberties.

Romans9

Reaction score
Every car is trying to kill You. Every car is going to change lanes in front of you, pull out in front of you, turn in front of you.

That’s what runs through my head every single time I ride.

This is exactly the same principle I teach apprentices when working on hydraulics or high power AC.

This is snake handling and if you make one mistake you will get bit.

Tank

Reaction score
His body was ripped apart. Much worse for the family to have to deal with.

I’m not against bikes, i used to love them but at some point the risk surpassed the reward for me However I would never try to keep anyone else from enjoying their own liberties.
Agreed. I’ve ridden since I was 10. Road for a living for over 7 years. Had multiple Harley’s throughout my life. When our 2nd boy was born 10 years ago wife said, “sell the Harley, I’m not raising these boys by myself”.

I actually don’t miss riding much surprisingly. Like you said, you come to a point. Couldn’t even say how many motorcycle fatalities I’ve been to. Too many to count.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Agreed. I’ve ridden since I was 10. Road for a living for over 7 years. Had multiple Harley’s throughout my life. When our 2nd boy was born 10 years ago wife said, “sell the Harley, I’m not raising these boys by myself”.

I actually don’t miss riding much surprisingly. Like you said, you come to a point. Couldn’t even say how many motorcycle fatalities I’ve been to. Too many to count.
Same thing with my wife but when our son was 2 years old. Wasn’t even riding much at that point. Sold it but told the wife I am getting another. So about 2 years ago I bought the Harley. Hell the wife has so many Harley shirts she had to say yes or get rid of all of her shirts. 🤣 🤣 🤣 NOw our 28 year old son bought a Harley too and is on it just about every day. 😲😲😲 I worry each day because of it but as a parent you have to let kids live their life. I just try to ride with him as often as possible and point out all the dangers of the road and how to be a better rider. 👍

Big B Hova

HOSS
Reaction score
I lived in the neighborhood behind that wingstop in north hills. Woodley and Parthenia always had deadly crashed from people driving way too fast and running lights.

Sucks the for the poor motorcyclist.

bilz

Newly Retired!😁
Reaction score
Sometimes I wish I did ride...but
Hearing a traffic report about a motor down on the 91, and my buddy calling me a couple hours later telling me the deceased rider was one of our friends, put the motor cycle idea to rest.
Be safe all you riders!

poncho

Reaction score
If I was going, as it appeared in the video, near twice the speed limit, and ran over and killed somebody on a motorcycle, you wouldn't jail me?
If the car is new enough can't they get the speed from the computer?
Not in my circle of knowledge.

4Waters

Reaction score
If I was going, as it appeared in the video, near twice the speed limit, and ran over and killed somebody on a motorcycle, you wouldn't jail me?
He was near 100mph from what I hear and possibly drunk but unfortunately the rider made a left in front of the car, he is at fault.

Now the other side where I agree with you. You can't sit there and stare at a car for a few seconds to judge their speed an then look the other direction and do the same because in that amount of time the dynamics have changed in the previous direction. If you look and the veh is a few hundred feet down the road but going over 100mph but missed on the judgment of speed because of the distance the car was at and nothing the other direction and you go and get hit then it should be the person speeding that is at fault. At 100mph you are covering 150 feet per second, so 2.2 seconds from impact, at 40mph is 60 feet per second so 6 seconds from impact, you would be clear from the oncoming car in that amount of time. Now someone going 50 even 65 in a 40 won't make that much difference it should be the veh that turned fault.

bonesfab

Reaction score
I have more than a few motorcycles in my collection and will not ride on the street. To many wetods not paying attention now days. its bad enough in a car people can't miss, let alone on a bike they won't see.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Hopefully there is jail time in the driver’s future.
RIP
For what?
Biker exited the parking lot on the blind side of the white truck entering the parking lot. He either did not look to his left or did not see the car, most likely both because the white truck was completely obstructing his view of oncoming traffic when he exited. He never should have let the clutch out.
He rolled the dice and it ended very bad.
What exactly is the posted speed limit there?
How fast was the car going?
It looked like the car was moving fast, no doubt. But that is not what caused the crash. Exacerbated it for sure.
But the bike pulled out in front of him, in a blind spot.

If the car driver was drunk, as suggested, then all bets are off, they’re done for.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I have more than a few motorcycles in my collection and will not ride on the street. To many wetods not paying attention now days. its bad enough in a car people can't miss, let alone on a bike they won't see.

I’ve seen more than a few bikes get wiped out because they split lanes, go to the front of intersections on the right side of traffic, then get smeared by a right turning car, pass on the left in dual turn lanes (that’s how I wiped out a rider many years ago while driving heavy equipment)
I sold my last street bike many many years ago.

There’s 2 things that are for sure.

1) cars do not see bikes.

2) bikes do just as much stupid shit as cars, especially in a group.

Ballyhoo

Reaction score
Do we know what the speed limit is there? Its pretty tough to tell on a video like this if anyone was speeding. Both drivers have responsibility when someone is pulling out of a lot like that and making a left turn. Its a tragic event nonetheless.

westair

Reaction score
Same thing with my wife but when our son was 2 years old. Wasn’t even riding much at that point. Sold it but told the wife I am getting another. So about 2 years ago I bought the Harley. Hell the wife has so many Harley shirts she had to say yes or get rid of all of her shirts. 🤣 🤣 🤣 NOw our 28 year old son bought a Harley too and is on it just about every day. 😲😲😲 I worry each day because of it but as a parent you have to let kids live their life. I just try to ride with him as often as possible and point out all the dangers of the road and how to be a better rider. 👍
Being in Havasu and riding desert roads has somewhat minimized the risk from our riding days in the San Diego area. My wife loves it … we’re retired (sort of) .. kids are grown, so why not!

dribble

Reaction score
He was near 100mph from what I hear and possibly drunk but unfortunately the rider made a left in front of the car, he is at fault.

Now the other side where I agree with you. You can't sit there and stare at a car for a few seconds to judge their speed an then look the other direction and do the same because in that amount of time the dynamics have changed in the previous direction. If you look and the veh is a few hundred feet down the road but going over 100mph but missed on the judgment of speed because of the distance the car was at and nothing the other direction and you go and get hit then it should be the person speeding that is at fault. At 100mph you are covering 150 feet per second, so 2.2 seconds from impact, at 40mph is 60 feet per second so 6 seconds from impact, you would be clear from the oncoming car in that amount of time. Now someone going 50 even 65 in a 40 won't make that much difference it should be the veh that turned fault.

If the driver of the car was going 100 mph he will be found 100 percent at fault. If he was going the speed limit (which he wasn’t ) but legally drunk, he will also be found at at fault

4Waters

Reaction score
If the driver of the car was going 100 mph he will be found 100 percent at fault. If he was going the speed limit (which he wasn’t ) but legally drunk, he will also be found at at fault
I can tell you from first hand knowledge that he will not be found at fault.

I had someone turn left in front of me while street racing and in excess of 90mph and I was not found at fault not even a little bit.

Tank

Reaction score
All depends on the white cars approaching speed and the speed limit on the roadway.
In a fatal traffic collision investigation LAPD will bring out the expert traffic investigators.

There is such a thing as “voiding your own right of way” while traveling at an unsafe speed. If the white car was traveling at a speed so great that the normal driver would not realize they’re closing the distance so fast, then that driver voids their own right of way. It’s usually roughly double the speed limit or so.

They should be able to get the speed from the black box on that car as it looks new enough.

I think MC rider was focused on the white truck turning in front of him not specifically what’s on his left, coupled with what appears to be a speeding white vehicle closing the gap quickly.

I’ve taught drivers training and high speed driving for over 20 years. There’s a saying we drill into the drivers. At an intersection look left, right and then left again. It’s those approaching from the left that are gonna kill you. But usually when people are making a left turn from a driveway or street they want to keep their focus on the right as that’s the lane they’re turning into.

Next time you’re driving and you can think of it, try it. It’s a bad habit that takes constant effort to break. Left, right then watch left as you pull out. Could save your life.

4Waters

Reaction score
All depends on the white cars approaching speed and the speed limit on the roadway.
In a fatal traffic collision investigation LAPD will bring out the expert traffic investigators.

There is such a thing as “voiding your own right of way” while traveling at an unsafe speed. If the white car was traveling at a speed so great that the normal driver would not realize they’re closing the distance so fast, then that driver voids their own right of way. It’s usually roughly double the speed limit or so.

They should be able to get the speed from the black box on that car as it looks new enough.

I think MC rider was focused on the white truck turning in front of him not specifically what’s on his left, coupled with what appears to be a speeding white vehicle closing the gap quickly.

I’ve taught drivers training and high speed driving for over 20 years. There’s a saying we drill into the drivers. At an intersection look left, right and then left again. It’s those approaching from the left that are gonna kill you. But usually when people are making a left turn from a driveway or street they want to keep their focus on the right as that’s the lane they’re turning into.

Next time you’re driving and you can think of it, try it. It’s a bad habit that takes constant effort to break. Left, right then watch left as you pull out. Could save your life.
I guess that has changed as I wasn't found at fault, I'm glad there is protection for people making left turns

Last edited:

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
@was thatguy nailed it, the mc riders view was partially obstructed as the truck pulled in. The speeding white BMW may not even have been in view before the truck turned in front of him.
My he RIP.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score

I had someone turn left in front of me while street racing and in excess of 90mph and I was not found at fault not even a little bit.

But did the guy die?

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
No, not at all, she turned left it was her fault. Now today it would be mine because of my speed
If the left-turn driver who hit you had died, and part of the investigation revealed you were street racing and going 90mph.....you would have been charged even back then. Investigations go alot deeper when somebody is killed

4Waters

Reaction score
If the left-turn driver who hit you had died, and part of the investigation revealed you were street racing and going 90mph.....you would have been charged even back then. Investigations go alot deeper when somebody is killed
They knew I was racing and my speed, my neighbor was a motor officer and a traffic accident investor and I asked him what if she died, he said she was still at fault.🤷‍♂️

dribble

Reaction score

And I can tell you from first hand knowledge that my brother was killed when the car he was riding in pulled out in front of a car that was street racing at 100 mph. The driver of that car was found 100 percent at fault. There were four young men killed near here in the same situation when they pulled out of a side street and were hit by a car street racing. The driver of the car that hit them spent a couple of years in prison. Street racers are complete lowlife slime in my book.

4Waters

Reaction score
And I can tell you from first hand knowledge that my brother was killed when the car he was riding in pulled out in front of a car that was street racing at 100 mph. The driver of that car was found 100 percent at fault. There were four young men killed near here in the same situation when they pulled out of a side street and were hit by a car street racing. The driver of the car that hit them spent a couple of years in prison. Street racers are complete lowlife slime in my book.
That was my last time street racing but I'm telling you how it was when I got in my accident 30 years ago, obviously something changed

monkeyswrench

To The Rescue!
Reaction score
That was my last time street racing but I'm telling you how it was when I got in my accident 30 years ago, obviously something changed
They changed some laws back in the late 90's. Something to the effect of bodily harm or death caused in commission of participating in a speed contest...

As a previous "complete lowlife slime" I can say not all were bad folks. Some of us went on to actually be decent folks. I know of more the a handful in LE (including a recently retired chief), a surgeon, and some in real estate. Much the same in my above post. Humans, by nature, make mistakes. If we're lucky, we get a chance to learn from them.

poncho

Reaction score
They changed some laws back in the late 90's. Something to the effect of bodily harm or death caused in commission of participating in a speed contest...

As a previous "complete lowlife slime" I can say not all were bad folks. Some of us went on to actually be decent folks. I know of more the a handful in LE (including a recently retired chief), a surgeon, and some in real estate. Much the same in my above post. Humans, by nature, make mistakes. If we're lucky, we get a chance to learn from them.
You made me think back to who were the top guy's in our area, the ones I still know and can think of have done well in life for the most part.

pixrthis

Reaction score
For what?
Biker exited the parking lot on the blind side of the white truck entering the parking lot. He either did not look to his left or did not see the car, most likely both because the white truck was completely obstructing his view of oncoming traffic when he exited. He never should have let the clutch out.
He rolled the dice and it ended very bad.
What exactly is the posted speed limit there?
How fast was the car going?
It looked like the car was moving fast, no doubt. But that is not what caused the crash. Exacerbated it for sure.
But the bike pulled out in front of him, in a blind spot.

If the car driver was drunk, as suggested, then all bets are off, they’re done for.
Excessive speed made the bikers fuck up deadly. It's a 35 mph zone and it looks to me like the car was easily going 60.

Ballyhoo

Reaction score
Every car collision has a unique/different set of FACTS. You can't compare a collision you were involved with, to any other collision.

Last edited:

4Waters

Reaction score

Exactly this, I learned from that incident and ended my street days, I will always support racers and right now with no tracks locally it sucks for racers and its only going to get worse.

poncho

Reaction score
Slightly graphic

I've become overly cautious, places like that I look for side road or delivery exits just for that reason, too many puzzle pieces moving at the same time.

My Buddy used to say watch out for the working parent that gets financially dinged for being 1 minute late to their kids daycare.

Last edited:

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Excessive speed made the bikers fuck up deadly. It's a 35 mph zone and it looks to me like the car was easily going 60.
Wanna bet?
That’s entirely speculative.
Barring alcohol, the speed of the car has zero to do with the biker pulling out into a blind spot into oncoming traffic.
The cause of the crash is due to one thing (the biker), the effect of the crash is due to a different thing (speed of the car).
Only extenuating circumstances will determine the line between them…who was drunk, who was high, who is a serial killer etc.
As of now we know zero about either.