WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Pirates of Lanier Poker Run - Georgia!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
First time ever going to this event so it’s more of an exploratory trip than anything. The crew is Stacy, myself, Michael the film guy, his wife and their baby daughter violet. They are flying in Thursday.. we are leaving today because the airfare was basically free so why not check out Atlanta for a day or two.

I don’t know a lot about the event other than it used to be pretty big.. then it died out for awhile? (I believe I heard there was a crash or something) This is the year where everyone is really pushing for it to stage a comeback and turn into a major event again.

I heard that John Woodruff (Windship) is sponsoring and participating this year. He is a major contributor in Super cat fest in LOTO etc.

We are very much looking forward to checking out a new lake and a new to us event with some old friends.. I’ll keep ya updated and write an article about it afterwards!

IMG_0542.jpeg

Tank

Reaction score
Oh shit, branching out! I like it!

Have a few friends towing in for the run. One dragging a potential boat I’m considering. 😁👍

Have fun. Looking forward to the pics.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Awesome Dave!

mbrown2

Reaction score
Sounds like a great trip....cool to see other boating spots!

Andy B.

Reaction score
My buddy lives right on the lake I've seen pictures awesome lake and area!

She's Mine

Reaction score
Hell yah Johnson couple. West Coast showing up.... Post lots of pics for us.

Reactions: SJP

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
My brother lives close to Lake Lanier about a 1/4 quarter mile away. People back there think the lake is haunted so keep an eye out for ghosts

You aren’t kidding.. even the rental car guy at the airport said “a lot of people die on that lake.” Lol.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
We are still in Atlanta and just got up and are going to lunch.. we will hit some spots this afternoon and get pics etc..

Tank

Reaction score
We are still in Atlanta and just got up and are going to lunch.. we will hit some spots this afternoon and get pics etc..
What boat you guys running on Dave?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I find it awesome in the rest of the country peoples cars and slingshots light up like a Christmas tree.. lol. If ya did that in ca/az you’d get rolled immediately

IMG_0552.jpeg

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Went to A British pub yesterday that was pretty cool (near the airport)

The bartenders and staff are all actors that are out of work because of the strike

IMG_0543.jpeg
IMG_0544.jpeg

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Went to r Thomas restaurant last night.. had some big birds out in the parking lot? (Kinda weird and cool at the same time?)

IMG_0545.jpeg
IMG_0546.jpeg
IMG_0547.jpeg

Dunerking

Reaction score
I may have or not been to that Twin Peaks a number of times. Stayed at the Element in Buckhead for 4 months the last time I was in Atlanta.
Little Alleys is around the corner of that Twin Peaks and was a really nice dinner/steakhouse.

Spitfire

Reaction score
So a few years ago i I was in Atlanta for work. A group of us says let’s go hike up Stone Mountain. BTW , not a real hike, but was up all night drinking, had about an hours sleep it was close to 100 degrees and and off we go. We are going up the mountain and I say , hey can I stop for minute? Sweating like crazy. Group I‘m with includes SEC football players and an Olympic swimmer. They say sure no problem , he’s taking a break too. I look over and there is this man going up the mountain in his wheelchair! Reality check!!!

DWC

Reaction score
View attachment 1277430
View attachment 1277431
View attachment 1277432
View attachment 1277433
View attachment 1277434
View attachment 1277435
View attachment 1277436
View attachment 1277437
Fancy smancy dinner.. we went here because little alley wouldn’t let me in with flip flops.. which is even more fancy smancy
Looks like you guys are having a great time. The people in the South are second to none. Nicest group I’ve ever been around “bless their hearts”. 😁. Seriously, they brought pies to the damn door when we moved in. Crazy movie type stuff.

Quite a few people from the Northeast there. Way more sport coat places than the West coast. I was there in 04/05. Not a lot of flip flops wandering around.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
So a few years ago i I was in Atlanta for work. A group of us says let’s go hike up Stone Mountain. BTW , not a real hike, but was up all night drinking, had about an hours sleep it was close to 100 degrees and and off we go. We are going up the mountain and I say , hey can I stop for minute? Sweating like crazy. Group I‘m with includes SEC football players and an Olympic swimmer. They say sure no problem , he’s taking a break too. I look over and there is this man going up the mountain in his wheelchair! Reality check!!!

Lol. We didn’t hike.. but now that I know that?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Looks like you guys are having a great time. The people in the South are second to none. Nicest group I’ve ever been around “bless their hearts”. 😁. Seriously, they brought pies to the damn door when we moved in. Crazy movie type stuff.

Quite a few people from the Northeast there. Way more sport coat places than the West coast. I was there in 04/05. Not a lot of flip flops wandering around.

So we went to go to a dinner. Denied.. had to go to a second place. We went to go to a speak easy.. had to go get some kinda code..

Guy that’s gonna give us the code took one look. At me and said no dice.. lol.

This place is bougee AF lol. But we had a great time at the dive bars!

But we got twins!

IMG_0647.jpeg
IMG_0649.jpeg

riverroyal

Reaction score
That's the lake I raced on. I couldn't believe they allowed 2 stroke jet skis all over it.
Absolutely beautiful place

DWC

Reaction score
We spent quite a few days on Allatoona when we were there. A few differences from Havasu. Water levels changed drastically through the seasons, it’s pretty damn murky and there are water moccasins. Only ran into them on the golf course a few times. They make rattlers look like pussies.