WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Pirates of Lanier Poker Run - Georgia!

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
We spent quite a few days on Allatoona when we were there. A few differences from Havasu. Water levels changed drastically through the seasons, it’s pretty damn murky and there are water moccasins. Only ran into them on the golf course a few times. They make rattlers look like pussies.
Water levels are controlled by the army corps of engineers. They lower the level during the winter but bring it back up during the season. And we’re talking maybe 10ft. Not sure if you came right after a big rainstorm, but Allatoona, Lanier, Hartwell all have very clear water, 85 degrees during the summer.

Reactions: DWC

gqchris

Reaction score
The Battle of Chickamauga in 1863 was the 2nd bloodiest of the Civil War behind Gettysburg. It was over the north wearing shants. The north was defeated.
Copy and Duly Noted Sir!
1694723698958.png

sirbob

Reaction score
The waitressss were all hot af

I hear they are pretty nice at The Gold club and Cheetahs in ATL.

:)

And I don't think it's you and your wife they are trying to keep out with the dress codes - you just got snared up in it. There are certain "undesirables" (in some peoples eyes) that dress certain ways - the dress codes are designed to keep them out.

Reactions: DWC

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
We got to the welcome party a little late.. but we went to the after party on the docks of holiday marina. These docks belong to a guy named Jimmy Redding who’s kind of a local celebrity down here.. he owns a tequila company and I believe a series of high end tacos shops?

I’ll find out today. We are going out on his 39 deep impact

Side note the mystic is on a lift and there’s a 38’ cat IN FRONT OF IT in the same slip. 😳
IMG_0663.jpeg
IMG_0666.jpeg
IMG_0667.jpeg
IMG_0668.jpeg
IMG_0669.jpeg
IMG_0670.jpeg
IMG_0671.jpeg
IMG_0672.jpeg
IMG_0673.jpeg
IMG_0674.jpeg

Last edited:

RichL

Reaction score
Great pics. RD. Please keep them coming.

mbrown2

Reaction score
Those guys go all out on the dock party setup...full size fridge...and a back yard furniture setup..

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
If you see some old man that looks sorta like he’s been crewing on a boat for the last 100 years with an old grove crane, a bunch of rotted out glastrons, and a reasonably nice stoker SST at his lakefront property…say hi, that’s my buddy Don.

sirbob

Reaction score
Dave tell us about the dock set up?

Are they owned individually? Is it part of a HOA? How is it that they have some built in TVs, refrigerators, etc?

Last edited:

Apex svt

Reaction score
At the Cig Rendezvous leaving the Cave, a lot of boats did a a fly by. It pretty much ended after that “Thunder Boat Row” Cig in your picture ripped off an over 100mph pass. @Tank and I looked at each other like Oh Shit lol. Boat is no joke.

Tank

Reaction score
At the Cig Rendezvous leaving the Cave, a lot of boats did a a fly by. It pretty much ended after that “Thunder Boat Row” Cig in your picture ripped off an over 100mph pass. @Tank and I looked at each other like Oh Shit lol. Boat is no joke.
Dude. He was gettin AFTER it! He was north Of 100. Thing sounded insane too! Whole cave bar was like “DAAAAAAYUM!” Lol

I asked Bobby to to ask the guy if he was ready to sell! 😁😉

It’s a sweet ride.
IMG_3843.jpeg

Last edited:

Apex svt

Reaction score
Dude. He was gettin AFTER it! He was north
Of 100. Thing sounded insane too!

I asked Bobby to to ask the guy if he was ready to sell! 😁😉
I approve of that purchase! Beast!!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Found a video from last night lol
Dave tell us about the dock set up?

Are they owned individually? Is it part of a HOA? How is it that they have some built in TVs, refrigerators, etc?

They are just giant covered docks.. you rent them for about 11k a year. They have power there so you bring your own tv’s fridges bbq and patio furniture etc

BlowMe

Reaction score

Dropped off half a hog to #Calirob yesterday and we stopped at the cave bar. There was a bunch of nice Cigs out there this weekend. Was told waves and wheels had a run going and it was bike week also. Coming across the bridge there was a group of probably 25 boats getting after it. These guys set up and were doing their own little poker run amongst friends. We were hoping for a fly by from the canopied skater. Sounded healthy.

Great pics RD. Looks like a great time and a neat place with some

20230916_135957.jpg
20230916_131503.jpg

Tank

Reaction score
Dropped off half a hog to #Calirob yesterday and we stopped at the cave bar. There was a bunch of nice Cigs out there this weekend. Was told waves and wheels had a run going and it was bike week also. Coming across the bridge there was a group of probably 25 boats getting after it. These guys set up and were doing their own little poker run amongst friends. We were hoping for a fly by from the canopied skater. Sounded healthy.

Great pics RD. Looks like a great time and a neat place with some

View attachment 1278814 View attachment 1278815
That cig is a Lip-Ship Performance restore build. Very nicely done.

That skater belonged to @Duramax He did the rebuild on it. Things sweet. Buddy owned it for a while.

C7123D60-1781-48C3-AF46-8C7D62FAC5A4.jpeg

clarence

Reaction score
I don’t know a lot about the event other than it used to be pretty big.. then it died out for awhile? (I believe I heard there was a crash or something) This is the year where everyone is really pushing for it to stage a comeback and turn into a major event again.

Everyone happy with the turnout?

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
Oh it was huge! Great great event.. I will
He here next year instead of lake powell challenge
I’ll be out there next year as well. Glad to see the rain held off, looked like a great time

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Keep coming back to this event.. This was the most fun boating event of the summer by far. It had mostly to do with the group of guys we got hooked up with, just outstanding people that absolutely love to have fun.

It just occurred to me I never posted the video in this thread!