WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

School me on Limo Golf Carts

gqchris

Reaction score
As my great eacape gets closer, I DEFINITELY want a limo cart to cruise the neighborhood and run errands.

Whats the hot ticket? New , Used? Gas or Battery? Any suggestions to look out for?

Let me know what a rookie should look out for.

Thanks All.

River918

Reaction score
I’m also in the market (not a limo cart, but a forward facing 4-passenger with a golf club option on the back), and have been looking around the internet for a while. I really like these cars, specifically the D5 Maverick 4.

https://evolutionelectricvehicle.com/

There’s several dealers around the country that sell them.

Attachments

• 9DFDAC00-FBD9-4FA2-9B1A-7411DB73C796.jpeg
    9DFDAC00-FBD9-4FA2-9B1A-7411DB73C796.jpeg
    424.1 KB · Views: 49

attitude

Reaction score
I hope wherever we land our neighborhood has the same vibe. I’d love to find a decent used cart and do a little build.

Good luck, have fun.

gqchris

Reaction score
I’m also in the market (not a limo cart, but a forward facing 4-passenger with a golf club option on the back), and have been looking around the internet for a while. I really like these cars, specifically the D5 Maverick 4.

Those look great. I didnt know a 4 seater forward was an option. That works out fine also! I appreciate it.

NicPaus

Reaction score

My Buddy bought 1 not that long ago. Nice cart for sure. Has 1 big lithium battery. I can shoot him a message and see where he got it. He had a deposit on a regular 4 seater went to pick it up and switched to the forward facing 1 when he saw it.

I personally have 2 limo carts a 2007 gas ezgo and a 2020 gas ezgo. Both have been great. Ones lifted 1 is not.
20231022_234258.jpg

FlyByWire

I just work here
Reaction score
Lithium Ion conversions are a game changer on electric carts, just to add my two cents here...

I bought a limo cart tonight with 48v Trojans, and I’ll be doing a lithium conversion on it when it’s time to replace these ones. So many different options and price points but I’m looking forward to it

D19

Reaction score

My friend bought one of those. They’re nice and fast!

We have a gas limo. I’ve had 2 electric carts prior. I hate gas, we grabbed it because it belonged to a friend and I wanted to keep it in the circle. Gas are loud, everyone here’s you coming annd they’re not instant go like electric. We have a pretty crazy stereo system so I can drown out the motor If desired. Lol

Golf carts are the only vehicle where I say electric is better!

El Rojo

Reaction score
I bought a limo cart tonight with 48v Trojans, and I’ll be doing a lithium conversion on it when it’s time to replace these ones. So many different options and price points but I’m looking forward to it
Price on the conversion kits have come way down, and have like a 10 yr + service life...

ChrisV

Reaction score
Make sure you put drunk friends on the back and wheelie it.

FlyByWire

I just work here
Reaction score
Price on the conversion kits have come way down, and have like a 10 yr + service life...

It seems like they vary heavily by brand / kit contents / MAH of the battery eh? But for what I’m going to use it for (neighborhood use only pretty much), I may not need the big 105Mah battery.

NicPaus

Reaction score
I saw that one right when it popped up. And brain farted on your name to tag you. Glad you saw it and got it. Several of my neighbors have got the big lithium battery for $1200. See if they will last the 10 years they claim.

El Rojo

Reaction score
It seems like they vary heavily by brand / kit contents / MAH of the battery eh? But for what I’m going to use it for (neighborhood use only pretty much), I may not need the big 105Mah battery.
Even if you went lower like 60Ah, still good for 20 miles before a recharge, even at WOT...but of course it varies with hills etc...

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I bought was of those evolution golf carts from toy brokers in havasu and I was really impressed with it for the price point! It was fast / quick / quiet came with a stereo backup cam blue tooth stereo etc.. thing was really nice! I kinda regret selling it now and may pick up another one.

They are also auctioning one off at super cat fest west this year just an fyi. I’d expect it to go for over retail though.

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
As my great eacape gets closer, I DEFINITELY want a limo cart to cruise the neighborhood and run errands.

Whats the hot ticket? New , Used? Gas or Battery? Any suggestions to look out for?

Let me know what a rookie should look out for.

Thanks All.

Where did you land on escaping to?

NicPaus

Reaction score
Biggest issue with the electric carts I have seen is the heat dries out the batteries. Or they get a drain and go completely dead and never charge back up 100%. I have watched a few neighbors at Echo go through sets of batteries every 2 years. Next door they told me to go gas after dealing with it for 30 years. They since got a 2nd cart electric cause it was a deal. 2k needed batteries. They went through 2 sets in 3 years. And just went with the $1200 lithium battery delivered from Amazon.

I buy a new battery every year for my boat. Take the 2 year old Second 1 out and throw it in one of the golf carts. So every 3rd year the starting battery gets replaced.

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
Those look great. I didnt know a 4 seater forward was an option. That works out fine also! I appreciate it.
The American version of the Evolution is the EZ-GO Liberty. 4 forward facing seats, without a cart as long as a car.

Personally, I would be looking at a Waev Gem E4 or E6. Disc brakes, Roll Cage, rack n pinion steering, built in turn signals, wiper. Can easily be modified to go 50mph. (Goliath motor)

Navitas is the company that is the leader in golf cart mods.

Navitas 600 amp controller.
Lithium batteries
Goliath High Output Motor 9hp
The above will be a bat out of hell with a ton of range……..

Btw, Evolution Golf Carts have a lot of problems. They are Chinese. I am on an Evolution Facebook group in which is full of complaints.

A Golf Cart dealer is not supposed (by law) sell any cart that exceeds 25 mph. That will never work for me. Mine does 43mph.

Bintelli, is one of the better Chinese carts. Kodiak also is good.

SPYLIFE

Reaction score
I live in a neighborhood where carts are our daily drivers to grocery store, gym, restaurants, beach, etc.. We have a GEM e4 without the lithium and it's fine. I looked into a conversion but did not see the benefit. If you're traveling far I can see it having some positives. I'm on year 4 with my batteries. It goes 25mph which is plenty fast to get around. There are a few people with the six seaters in here as pictured above and they're so long. One of the nice things around here is we have golf cart parking, but the long ones will not fit. Only problem I've had is the speed controller went bad last summer, 100 bucks on Ebay was an easy fix. Mine sits outside in the salt air, and it does not like to sit too long as in like 2 weeks without being driven. I was told the brushes in the motor corrode or something like that so I have to drive a few miles with it seeming like something is wrong with it, then once they clean off it takes off fine. I think it's '15 Been a great cart so far. We're going to Hyrdodip some of the plastic, give it a wrap and redo the seats this spring to change it up a little.

The hot ticket people around here seem to be getting are made by Garia. They're really nice looking but around $20K+. The brand new GEM's are nice too, and also $20K+.

LuauLounge

Reaction score
I’ve got a 6 forward passenger Club Car with a luggage box on the back, the box can be swapped with 2 rear seats. Has a 13hp Kawasaki engine. Club Cars are aluminum frames, last forever. It’s not loud and has plenty of power. 20-25 mph. Was a shuttle cart for a hotel. I’ve had it 10 years, used, and put a battery and a drive belt on it.

Motor Boater

Reaction score
I’m definitely an electric guy. I hate the loud gas carts. I have a 2016 48v Ezgo rxv that I love. It’s set to 23mph but I can flash the computer to make it go 28mph. Battery lasts a long time even in neighborhoods with big hills.

Tobester

Reaction score
I dont know much about carts but these look pretty sweet and come with many options mentioned in this thread -

QC22

Landing Loser
Reaction score
I personally have 2 limo carts a 2007 gas ezgo and a 2020 gas ezgo. Both have been great. Ones lifted 1 is not.
I have the twin to this white one which I assume is the '07: same lift, same wheels, etc. We LOVE it. The only complaint I have is the turning radius is longer than anything else I own.

NicPaus

Reaction score
Yeah that 1 I know every spot in the park where I can do a u turn. When the tires get worn down in front it gets harder to steer. Damn tires are like 350 a pair now. Double since the first pair I bought for it.

The stock one turns a lot easier but the radius is not much better. I would like a 4 seater for when it's just me or a few of us. But 3 golf carts would be to much to store. This weekend I will use the Defender as the 3rd. I have all my Siblings and all the kids rolling out. I think 17 of us. So 3 6 seaters.

gqchris

Reaction score
I bought was of those evolution golf carts from toy brokers in havasu and I was really impressed with it for the price point! It was fast / quick / quiet came with a stereo backup cam blue tooth stereo etc.. thing was really nice! I kinda regret selling it now and may pick up another one.

They are also auctioning one off at super cat fest west this year just an fyi. I’d expect it to go for over retail though.
Im pretty much sold on getting one of these also Dave. Seems to check all the boxes. The D5 Maverick seems to make the most sense. I never realized the front facing 4 seaters existed, hence why I was thinking Limo was only option.

Are their any negotiation room on these? Seems all dealers across country are same price.

King295

Well-Known Inmate #20225
Reaction score
Seems to be the majority vote I am seeing here also! Thanks!
Depends on what you are using it for. I bought an electric cart and while it was quiet, charging it every night, having to worry about batteries year-round and the lack of power that it had (36v cart which is the bottom of the bottom) just didn't pan out for me. I use it at the river 90% of the time and at home here and there when I bring it home to maintain it and cruise the neighborhood checking out christmas lights, etc. I replaced the electric cart with a street legal EZGO ST350 gas cart (like the white limo cart above) which has the bigger gas engine and its way quieter than my buddies regular EZGO carts.

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
My electric cart with lithium batteries, would easily make it from Parker to LHC. Though It wouldn’t be legal. lol

It is impossible to modify a gas golf cart to go faster…….. without making it louder.

I live in an area where golf carts are everywhere. Currently, there have never been so many options.

The Garia’s are slick. Expensive too. One of their top models are 70k.

Another expensive cart, but truly has limo qualities is the Club Car Crew. At 35k, this thing is styling! Awesome cart! It’s a cross between a golf cart and deck boat. lol It’s the sitting area with table that makes me make that statement. If you threw 20k in mods at The Crew, you’d truly have a unique cart. But 55k for a cart? Lol

King295

Well-Known Inmate #20225
Reaction score
My electric cart with lithium batteries, would easily make it from Parker to LHC. Though It wouldn’t be legal. lol

It is impossible to modify a gas golf cart to go faster…….. without making it louder.

I live in an area where golf carts are everywhere. Currently, there have never been so many options.

The Garia’s are slick. Expensive too. One of their top models are 70k.

Another expensive cart, but truly has limo qualities is the Club Car Crew. At 35k, this thing is styling! Awesome cart! It’s a cross between a golf cart and deck boat. lol It’s the sitting area with table that makes me make that statement. If you threw 20k in mods at The Crew, you’d truly have a unique cart. But 55k for a cart? Lol
In an urban setting, I would completely agree that electric is the way to go. But when you are launching jet skis, driving up and down hills and through the dirt, etc. gas is a better option.

FlyByWire

I just work here
Reaction score
I saw that one right when it popped up. And brain farted on your name to tag you. Glad you saw it and got it. Several of my neighbors have got the big lithium battery for $1200. See if they will last the 10 years they claim.

I appreciate the thought! A buddy sent me a screenshot of it like 5 mins after it was posted. I wasn’t holding my breath because I was sure she was swamped with messages (he was). But I was local and didn’t offer him less than he was asking. Lol. Even brought it to my house for me. Awesome guy!

I’m already looking at shit it doesn’t need yet (LiPo, controller, motor, black wheels). I have issues man.

IMG_1050.jpeg

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
Im pretty much sold on getting one of these also Dave. Seems to check all the boxes. The D5 Maverick seems to make the most sense. I never realized the front facing 4 seaters existed, hence why I was thinking Limo was only option.

Are their any negotiation room on these? Seems all dealers across country are same price.
As mentioned, they are great until they break down & you need service & parts

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Club Car or EZGo imo. I had a couple electric cars over the years, after replacing batteries for the third time, I finally bought a gas EZGo and I couldn’t be happier. It uses a tank of gas about every 3 months, and we drive it pretty much every day. I don’t any experience with lithium, if you got 10 years out of a battery, I’d probably consider that as well. I still wouldn’t buy a Chinese cart though, I’d buy EZGO or Club Car. 🤷🏼‍♂️
68784424948__1CB6F3AB-3BE8-494C-9E29-D39F156E5AFC.jpeg

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
That cart is cool and was recently at the PGA show as well. They used tons of parts from my company, from our Storm body to the batteries (Eco lithium). Our company name is even on the windshield. It is over the top, but I have to say, they really did an amazing job in terms of the workmanship. Its on point. 👌

Navitas stuff is great, but their chassis' are known to ride fairly rough.

Tank

Reaction score
IMG_5616.jpeg
IMG_5615.jpeg
IMG_5613.jpeg
IMG_5612.jpeg
We love our gas cart. Got gas because we take it on the beach. Aaaaaaaaaaaalmost sold it a couple years ago to buy an 8 passenger but decided against it.