• Both

• Yes it helps

• No It doesn't

• RD SUX!

• I live in CA run by homo's

Results are only viewable after voting.

Tank

Reaction score
I've said this before, but I'll say it again since its relevant. I was a firm believer in not carrying. My feeling was you'll pull it out at the wrong time and get in serious trouble. Or you'll pull it out too late and get seriously dead all the while putting those you're with in danger.

HOWEVER, as time went on and the active shooter shit got more prevalent and the world gets more polarized, and criminals are more brazen and being held less accountable, I've come to the firm belief that I would rather have it and not need it than not have it and need it. And the main thought is, if I'm in an active shooter situation with my family 1) get them to safety 2) at least I'll have a fighting chance and not just be a sitting duck. Mother fuckers gonna get a surprise when he rounds the corner.

And no, I don't think carrying detours crime one bit.

4Waters

Reaction score
I've said this before, but I'll say it again since its relevant. I was a firm believer in not carrying. My feeling was you'll pull it out at the wrong time and get in serious trouble. Or you'll pull it out too late and get seriously dead all the while putting those you're with in danger.

HOWEVER, as time went on and the active shooter shit got more prevalent and the world gets more polarized, and criminals are more brazen and being held less accountable, I've come to the firm belief that I would rather have it and not need it than not have it and need it. And the main thought is, if I'm in an active shooter situation with my family 1) get them to safety 2) at least I'll have a fighting chance and not just be a sitting duck. Mother fuckers gonna get a surprise when he rounds the corner.

My thoughts were and are now the same as yours

arch stanton

Reaction score

i am sure you are we wrong about not detouring crime once a criminal has been shot to death by an armed citizen they have a 0% recidivism rate

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
I wonder if they’ve done any studies on where these active shooter events happen. It sure seems like the majority are “gun free zones,” which would lead me to believe the possibility of carrying does deter crime.

Having trained individuals concealed carrying has 100% saved lives in the past by taking out active shooters.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Why would carrying prevent crime? Obviously the law and police don’t prevent crime.

So how the hell would my super top secrete pistol shoved down by my dick noodle keep captain no good from being an asshat?

Kind of a silly question.

But you could fuck around and find out if I’m carrying or not.

Flat freak

Reaction score
Two sayings come to mind for me. #1 I’d rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it. #2 I’d rather be tried by12, than carried by six. With that being said, in Commifornia god forbid , if you have to defend yourself. Your most likely to have your life destroyed.

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
In California you’re the criminal for carrying, even if it’s defensive.

I knew a guy from Montana, it’s an open carry state like the old west. I think that’s a crime deterrent.

Concealed carry might make you feel better, but I’d rather broadcast that I’m not to be fucked with and go find a liberal instead and ruin their day.

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
When BLM visited Havasu a couple years ago , they were on one side of the street and Havasu locals with side arms and long guns on the other . Everybody got along just fine … nothing got torched or vandalized that weekend !

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
As a kid growing up in Vegas in the 70’s, people open carried all the time. It was very common to see cowboys carrying wheel guns in a western setup. An no.... people didn’t think of causing problems where others were open carrying. They would get their ass shot off !

Hoodoo

Reaction score
Mine stays in the truck mostly but occasionally shove it in a pocket.
I’m normally in FL or ID where no one gives a second look. Lot of open carry in Idaho which leads to a lot of politeness.

Drew

Banned
Reaction score
New Hampshire has the best gun laws. But the very best part is if you use in self defense and legally justified you CAN NOT be sued civilly . I was blown away when I read that. My only problem is I live in New York . So I can Cary concealed and use it for self defense against a career criminal and his or her family can sue me because I took their bread winner away. Mind blowing

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
If a bad guy is determined to suddenly do bad stuff, seems to me his first target is the open carry individual?
I could see that, unless the majority of people in the area are open carrying. Then a sane person would probably move to a softer target.”Not like these guys are thinking logically 100% of the time”

I personally wouldn’t open carry because I think it’s better to blend in.

Here in N. TX the assumption is everyone is carrying concealed. I feel safer with that in place vs. being in a place like NYC where the bad guys know with almost certainty you can’t defend yourself.

Your ad here

Reaction score
I'd rather have a fire extinguisher on hand nearby rather than panicking because I can't find one when the fire becomes a bigger problem. Just because you carry a gun, concealed or not, doesn't make you a cop if you aren't one and doesn't obligate you to use it during an "event". In some ways it can deter crime. How often do police stations get shot up or an MC club gets shot up by other than rival MC clubs compared to banks or government buildings which are gun free zones?

Flatsix66

Reaction score
On the flip side….

We had a visitor staying with us one weekend in Havasu. This close relative
Is a very proud gun carry and very happy to tell everyone that they trained, passed this shit, that test and are very qualified….great we thought. Turns out, on top of all the good times we had during the day she would kill a jug of vodka in her room by herself. Later that night she decides in her drunken stupor to start an argument with my wife. Hurling crazing insults and crazy shit. She drove out with my wife and didn’t have a car, stayed with us. Next morning she is shit faced and had to drive back to OC with my wife. Knowing she had a gun in her purse and her crazy state of mind made us wish she wasn’t armed….to say the least.

Orange Juice

Reaction score
If a bad guy is determined to suddenly do bad stuff, seems to me his first target is the open carry individual?
It’s gotten pretty shitty all over the Phoenix lately.
I’m considering renting a bus, and loading up all the homeless I can find, and dropping them off, in in front of all the mayors homes, every Sunday morning.

You know, maybe 50 of the worse looking homeless I can find. 😜

Orange Juice

Reaction score
If more people protected their self instead of being victims, criminals would get the point or get dead...

Question: What do you do in a small town with your homeless population?

Answer: “tell them if they stay in town, you are going to jail, for a long time, and no one wants that…..right!”
“So we’re going to let you pack your bags, and then we’re going to get you a bus ticket to 1) San Fransico, Los Angles, San Diego, or Phoenix. You decide. And because we like you so much, we’re going to give you $100 to get your life started out there. Good luck.”

California problem Now. 😉

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
New Hampshire has the best gun laws. But the very best part is if you use in self defense and legally justified you CAN NOT be sued civilly . I was blown away when I read that. My only problem is I live in New York . So I can Cary concealed and use it for self defense against a career criminal and his or her family can sue me because I took their bread winner away. Mind blowing
Me and my wife are going to be official NH residents in just over a month. Technically we already are. We bought a house there just before Christmas but aren’t leaving CA until early March.
Their gun laws weren’t a reason why we’re moving there but a pleasant benefit. 😊

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
Im with Tank to a point,

I had a pistol pulled on me about 20 years ago, I had my pistol but was sitting in the driver seat of my car as the asshole walked to the passenger and pulled a 1911 Mexican carry style from his dickie and wife beater, I did not draw my pistol as I knew it would escalate it more and risk my passenger being caught in a cross fire, he pushed he pistol back in his pants and i dropped the gear and got to the other side of the parking lot and then drew my pistol at a low carry as we called the police

I am alive today because I did not draw that day. Calm hands in a dice game baby girl....

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
A hidden gun doesn’t deter crime.

The assumption that everyone has a hidden gun might, but this only works in 2A-friendly places, and if that’s the assumption then is your gun really hidden?

The best deference is avoidance, and that’s done with the thing between your ears.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I’ve never once heard any instructor speak about “deterring crime”.
That ain’t my job or my concern, or my goal. We pay cops to address crime…Charles Bronson not withstanding!
Threat protection is the goal, crime will find its own balance.
Having said that, you are probably about 5000 times more likely to get robbed or shot in a diner in Los Angeles then in a diner in Watford City ND where literally EVERYONE has a sidearm.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Whether I am carrying or not depends upon what pants or shorts I’m wearing.. to answer the question though it’s pretty rare you’d find me not in arms reach of something ready to go. It may not be “on my body” but there’s usually one with me at all times if that makes sense.

Normally I wouldn’t even admit that because I just kinda keep it quiet.. but hey in the spirit of conversation, yes we have guns.

image.jpg

Reactions: FCT

Cdog

Reaction score
Concealed.

Fools giving away their tactical advantage larping as the gun guy in public. I see them as the fat out of shape guy when running from a bear. He gets eaten first.

There is no text book in ways criminals intend to victimize people. I'll take any advantage I can get and have any tool I have at my disposal without worrying about what anyone has to say about it.

LB247XS

Reaction score

AGREE 💯% I pretty much carry almost everyday 👍👍

77charger

Reaction score
Concealed.

Fools giving away their tactical advantage larping as the gun guy in public. I see them as the fat out of shape guy when running from a bear. He gets eaten first.

There is no text book in ways criminals intend to victimize people. I'll take any advantage I can get and have any tool I have at my disposal without worrying about what anyone has to say about it.
I see the open carry around town at times and thing the same.Makes you first target from a bad guy. I prefer concealed around town or populated areas

Now out in the woods or deserts then yes open carry.

J DUNN

Unknown Member
Reaction score
Ah, to carry or not to carry.

Thanksgiving visiting my bro in Utah, he's an Orem City firefighter. We're going shooting next day at a range we visit frequently. He tells us of a call he went on there a few weeks back of a guy that shot his pecker off drawing from a holster at the range. 20 something guy trying to practice getting the drop on a target and gun goes off on the draw and shoots a hole in his pecker. So of course firefighters respond to the call with a female paramedic just to make sure he feels adequately embarrassed. Not truly their intention but she did go and I imagine he was embarrassed and/or didn't care at that point, "just save my junk!" Oof!

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Never thought much about a person that has an open carry becoming a primary target. I would think that would depend on the depth of the "evil doer's" intentions. In the case of the active shooter scenarios, I think the sight of a potential threat may not be a bad thing. Most of the recent ones (i.e. "On our radar" types) seem to be real timid, weak individuals. Much the same with the average tweaker or gangbanger...they want a strong upper hand, not a challenge. If it is a more targeted attack, not random violence, then yes, you are a risk to be dealt with to complete the intended action.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Never thought much about a person that has an open carry becoming a primary target. I would think that would depend on the depth of the "evil doer's" intentions. In the case of the active shooter scenarios, I think the sight of a potential threat may not be a bad thing. Most of the recent ones (i.e. "On our radar" types) seem to be real timid, weak individuals. Much the same with the average tweaker or gangbanger...they want a strong upper hand, not a challenge. If it is a more targeted attack, not random violence, then yes, you are a risk to be dealt with to complete the intended action.
I can’t think of any public random encounter where any open carry person would be identified by an ill intended perpetrator? Maybe a bank robbery if at all?
Frankly, in most cases, they haven’t really spent more than 5 seconds reconnoitering the situation.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I can’t think of any public random encounter where any open carry person would be identified by an ill intended perpetrator? Maybe a bank robbery if at all?
Frankly, in most cases, they haven’t really spent more than 5 seconds reconnoitering the situation.
That's kind of my thinking. Most active shooter stuff happens in gun free zones. If there is a guard, they are a target or police officer, they may be first targeted. Plain clothes with a sidearm? Most aren't thinking that defensively. They tend to figure they have the upper hand. If it were a "hit" so to speak, that seems as if it would be different. At that point they have a specific target in mind, and are more aware of the surroundings and those in close proximity.

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score

Strange enough, bad guys do bad stuff all the time and ive never heard of them doing it to an open carry

Usually bad guys do bad stuff when there is no chance of repercussion.

25Elmn8r

Reaction score
What's the saying, An armed society is a polite society. I believe this to be true, at least here in Idaho where you should assume most are carrying. All I know is there is usually something within reach at most times, I need to keep the coyotes at bay.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I'd rather have a fire extinguisher on hand nearby rather than panicking because I can't find one when the fire becomes a bigger problem. Just because you carry a gun, concealed or not, doesn't make you a cop if you aren't one and doesn't obligate you to use it during an "event". In some ways it can deter crime. How often do police stations get shot up or an MC club gets shot up by other than rival MC clubs compared to banks or government buildings which are gun free zones?
Actually, some of my favorite “active self defense” videos are of dipshits trying to rob gun stores.
It’s great entertainment.
They get dead so fast it’s almost comical.

Dog

Reaction score
What's the saying, An armed society is a polite society. I believe this to be true, at least here in Idaho where you should assume most are carrying. All I know is there is usually something within reach at most times, I need to keep the coyotes at bay.
Posted as a quote from looking up the quote. The "article" was trying to say it is condoning senseless violence. However I see it as everyone should be "scared" (maybe not the correct word to use.) of their fellow man or end up dead from your own actions.

Well, in the first place an armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. For me, politeness is a sine qua non of civilization. That’s a personal evaluation only. But gun-fighting has a strong biological use. We do not have enough things that kill off the weak and the stupid these days. But to stay alive as an armed citizen a man has to be either quick with his wits or with his hands, preferably both. It’s a good thing. Robert A. Heinlein