WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Storage in Havasu?

gqchris

Reaction score
Anyone have a lead on storage in Havasu? 35-40’ will work.

New boat doesnt fit in my current 30’! Had to make it work at 6am Friday!

64027664276__86F73CD8-7D5A-46DF-BC31-0B7A49A4F8B3.JPG

gqchris

Reaction score
Might be cheaper and easier to covert it to a swing tounge

Damn I wonder if its even possible to get that booked this season at a trailer place. Everywhere is just crazy right now.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Damn I wonder if its even possible to get that booked this season at a trailer place. Everywhere is just crazy right now.

Start calling around, I’m sure someone could squeeze you in.

Or buy a trailer dolly to manhandle the boat diagonally in your unit. $65 at Harbor Freight.

782BDE37-23B0-4C89-9923-A9141DA1CDD5.png

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Try Frank’s, got me in and out in a day for brakes, bunks, lights, and bearings

CALEXODUS

Reaction score
Try [email protected] , new units being built now. Won’t help now, but will be ready soon...or Havasu soon....
At the new launch ramp, South side. 45’ is $335 a month.

Singleton

Reaction score

Try Frank’s - I am around all week if he has an opening and you are away. Just need keys and a explanation on how the F to put your trailer together so it can be moved and will get your new boat to shop.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
There's such a shortage it seems there could be a business case for a piece of property just for RV and boat storage?

gqchris

Reaction score
Try Frank’s - I am around all week if he has an opening and you are away. Just need keys and a explanation on how the F to put your trailer together so it can be moved and will get your new boat to shop.
Thanks sir! Much appreciated but It is in Needles at The Palms. Should have specified in my first post:) And I took the Coupler from trailer with me because I have no idea how that damn thing reinstalls as there are two shocks in the middle and its a blind hole to get them back lined up when I reinstall. Was going to swing this by Shadow Trailers here in Cypress and ask them what to do. Seems those shocks are worn also, hence why it bangs a bit when taking off from a light. I circled the shocks and also the arrow to blind holes I have to put in.

1618850621390.png

yard dog

Reaction score
There is a boat trailer repair shop in Fort Mohave that opened up last year , BHC Trailers 928 605 6999 .

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Start calling around, I’m sure someone could squeeze you in.

Or buy a trailer dolly to manhandle the boat diagonally in your unit. $65 at Harbor Freight.

View attachment 993781
Should be able to make up that tongue length that way unless it's only a 10' wide stall.
But man handling a tandem is hard enough, forget about trying to turn a triple without pulling/pushing the trailer its full length. Better bet is to take some time with a spotter and back it in at an angle.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
I always someone should open up a storage concierge service. One phone call and they have the availability for all of the units in the town. The storage owners pay them a monthly fee to avoid all of the phone calls from people and the customers pay a fee to not have to make 47 phone calls, aka win / win.

gqchris

Reaction score
Should be able to make up that tongue length that way unless it's only a 10' wide stall.
But man handling a tandem is hard enough, forget about trying to turn a triple without pulling/pushing the trailer its full length. Better bet is to take some time with a spotter and back it in at an angle.
I have it almost diagonal right now, and yes manhandling it and worrying about the full swimstep hitting the back wall is a pain in the ass! Got to be an easier way:)

Singleton

Reaction score
I always someone should open up a storage concierge service. One phone call and they have the availability for all of the units in the town. The storage owners pay them a monthly fee to avoid all of the phone calls from people and the customers pay a fee to not have to make 47 phone calls, aka win / win.

sounds like a good retirement gig for you.

gqchris

Reaction score

I would 100% pay a hefty fee for this service. I cant devote a full day of chasing down numbers and dealing with pissy, cranky front desk staff laughing at me when I ask for unit availability. I just dont have the time of patience! I have gone off on a few already that gave me shit attitudes just because I am inquiring.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
I would 100% pay a hefty fee for this service. I cant devote a full day of chasing down numbers and dealing with pissy, cranky front desk staff laughing at me when I ask for unit availability. I just dont have the time of patience! I have gone off on a few already that gave me shit attitudes just because I am inquiring.
And then if they do call you back, key word if, then you cant remember which one it was since you called a shit ton.

gqchris

Reaction score
And then if they do call you back, key word if, then you cant remember which one it was since you called a shit ton.
Everyone I call in Havasu is so busy they all seem pissed when I call to ask a question because they had to stop working on something.

If they responded to emails, I would much rather also communicate that way!

Hell, Ill text ya , even easier.......

Singleton

Reaction score
Everyone I call in Havasu is so busy they all seem pissed when I call to ask a question because they had to stop working on something.

If they responded to emails, I would much rather also communicate that way!

Hell, Ill text ya , even easier.......

everyone working those places have no idea what e-mail is.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
I just saw this today near Windsor. They have not be done with it for very long
20210419_153312.jpg

gqchris

Reaction score
Anyone have any inside leads or juice to get into a unit?! I cant believe how packed Havasu is!

Reactions: DWC

dspracing

Reaction score
There is a guy who will commonly post units for rent on Facebook marketplace. Keep an eye out on there.

Socalx09

Reaction score
Have you tried the storage units down by the 95/40 next to the chevron station? Not sure if they are full, but it’s worth a shot to post since they aren’t in the center of town.
B7EE44C0-DAE8-4DD1-9D9C-E1321D7E5FD3.png

gqchris

Reaction score
Thanks! I was gonna ask if someone knew the number! Calling now.
UPDATE : Number is disconnected. Maybe if someone drives by next time we can get the number:)

ltbaney1

Reaction score
when i bought my pontoon 2 years ago, part of the deal we worked out was i got the storage spot in parker. getting the storage with the boat made the deal. my storage in Ehrenberg wasnt deep enough.

Socalx09

Reaction score
Thanks! I was gonna ask if someone knew the number! Calling now.
UPDATE : Number is disconnected. Maybe if someone drives by next time we can get the number:)
I think my boyfriend ended up emailing them when his card expired. He couldn’t get through the phone. So he emailed and got a response quickly. I’ll be there Friday and see if there’s an updated number. But, I’d try emailing.

gqchris

Reaction score
[
I think my boyfriend ended up emailing them when his card expired. He couldn’t get through the phone. So he emailed and got a response quickly. I’ll be there Friday and see if there’s an updated number. But, I’d try emailing.
Thanks Socal!

jbird

Reaction score
How about valet storage? I know there are a few in town.

I am looking for a spot for my pontoon as well.

gqchris

Reaction score
How about valet storage? I know there are a few in town.

I am looking for a spot for my pontoon as well.
No Valet sir, I got too much odds and ends in the unit to avoid issues if something breaks. LOL - and all the watertoy junk!

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
I know the storage market has gone crazy since Covid hit in 2020. The guy I rent from just raised my rent by 30% from $225 to $300 for a 35' storage. This is on top of the 20% increase I got hit with last year. He said if I didn't want it he had 5 people on a waiting list that are willing to pay $50 more on top of what I'm now paying per month. :oops: Good Luck with your search. It's fucking nutz out there right now. If I wasn't building a house I would seriously consider just buying a storage unit. With hyper inflation on the horizon it's likely a 35' foot storage will easily rent for $500 a month in the next few years. At least with a storage mortgage your protected against inflation!

DWC

Reaction score
Can’t imagine it’s ever been a tougher market for storage. My BIL got a call on Thursday that one was for sale. He put in a full price plus a little offer within hours. Found out that he wasn’t in the ball park.

Singleton

Reaction score
Can’t imagine it’s ever been a tougher market for storage. My BIL got a call on Thursday that one was for sale. He put in a full price plus a little offer within hours. Found out that he wasn’t in the ball park.

i was asked if I would sell my storage condo for 85k, purchased for 40k in 2015. Had to pass, no place to move to

• Wow
Reactions: DWC

hallett21

Reaction score
Other than personal loan no way to mortgage a storage unit correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
I know the storage market has gone crazy since Covid hit in 2020. The guy I rent from just raised my rent by 30% from $225 to $300 for a 35' storage. This is on top of the 20% increase I got hit with last year. He said if I didn't want it he had 5 people on a waiting list that are willing to pay $50 more on top of what I'm now paying per month. :oops: Good Luck with your search. It's fucking nutz out there right now. If I wasn't building a house I would seriously consider just buying a storage unit. With hyper inflation on the horizon it's likely a 35' foot storage will easily rent for $500 a month in the next few years. At least with a storage mortgage your protected against inflation!

Don't you Just Love People like this? Here you are a Customer, and after Butt Fucking you he tells you like It OR Stick It!!!

I appreciate your Business. NOT!!

GOTTBoat

Reaction score
Rivera View storage looks to be almost done, just down Sweetwater from AZ West.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
Don't you Just Love People like this? Here you are a Customer, and after Butt Fucking you he tells you like It OR Stick It!!!

I appreciate your Business. NOT!!
Exactly! Been renting from this guy for over 3+ years. Never missed a payment, or have any issues and this is the thanks I get, lol. Greed is a strange bedfellow!!!

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
Exactly! Been renting from this guy for over 3+ years. Never missed a payment, or have any issues and this is the thanks I get, lol. Greed is a strange bedfellow!!!

I have watched this "Greed" so many times. I always wonder How Much is Enough?, Everything is going Great, the plan is working or maybe better than Planned. Then, Not for Need, BUT!! I CAN.

Havasu is NOT that Big. I would like to be the Business Man who when ever I see a Customer I could look him in the Eyes, smile and buy him a Drink ETC. and be confident I stayed true to my Word and nobody could talk trash about Any transaction he had with me.

When Is Enough!!

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I have watched this "Greed" so many times. I always wonder How Much is Enough?, Everything is going Great, the plan is working or maybe better than Planned. Then, Not for Need, BUT!! I CAN.

Havasu is NOT that Big. I would like to be the Business Man who when ever I see a Customer I could look him in the Eyes, smile and buy him a Drink ETC. and be confident I stayed true to my Word and nobody could talk trash about Any transaction he had with me.

When Is Enough!!

No one seems to complain about boat prices rising every year due to “greed”. Everyone is just happy to get their boat.

No one is complaining their pool contractor is taking too much profits, they are just happy to relax in their backyard.

I also got annoyed every time my storage space went up in price here at home. But when a T shirt costs $30 in Havasu, your storage price is going up too. I hate prices rising as well, but in the end these are business decisions. I see it from both sides as a property manager. Taxes only continue to rise, maintenance costs only go up, utilities only go up, wages go up. That means rent goes up for tenants. They are in business to provide a service for a profit, not run a charity. The market will tell them if they are out of line.

Call it greed, call it whatever you want, but he is providing a storage service at the price the market will bear. And when it comes down to it, his tenants are happy to just have a secure space to put their boats, and most will begrudgingly pay the increase, or they will leave to try to find a cheaper alternative.

Last edited: