WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Too big for Parker

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
What do you guys consider too big for Parker. I know some bigger guys run there. A few f32's, spectre, skater, big fountains. I think anything over 28 is getting big, 32-33 being the biggest I would like to see.
If they can't launch it then it's ''Too Big for Parker''

Tommy.jpg

Wheeler

Reaction score
Hey River Mobster! Mischke said, Fuck Off Joe!! :oops:

@rivermobster

Wheeler

Reaction score
CJ, he's close enough to 80. and will still be skiing when he gets there. :)

ps I'm pretty sure I saw Tom Behind Ron and Linda a couple of days ago.

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
I know this is an old thread but,,,

When I see an offshore boat on the river I get the same feeling seeing a rider on the beginner track at the motocross park. The bike can handle the much bigger scarier pro track but the rider can’t. Spelled out-> The offshore boat can handle the ocean but the driver can’t.

Maybe that’s not always the case, but that’s what I think. πŸ™‚

Tank

Reaction score
I never took our cigarettes to Parker. Always felt they were too big for lower river. We boat in the upper river with them all the time but upper river is less crowded and seems easier to maneuver on. Maybe I’m wrong. I’ve just alway thought lower river should be flats and jets and vee drives and what not. On the same token though, I don’t think roll boats belong down there either. Too narrow and too big of wakes for the narrow waterway.

grumpy88

Reaction score
I never took our cigarettes to Parker. Always felt they were too big for lower river. We boat in the upper river with them all the time but upper river is less crowded and seems easier to maneuver on. Maybe I’m wrong. I’ve just alway thought lower river should be flats and jets and vee drives and what not. On the same token though, I don’t think roll boats belong down there either. Too narrow and too big of wakes for the narrow waterway.
Thank you !

grumpy88

Reaction score
Sure lets blame the big boats for all our problems when it's really pontoon boats that are causing all the damage! View attachment 1279491 :)

View attachment 1279489
It's the inability to see up close when they are getting on plane and they always seem to run 3 deep at 100mph plus . I will take this corner in the washing machine all day as long as I don't have to be worried about being run over .

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
I thought taking the 30 up the river between Willow and Hoover ram was sketchy enough. I’d never run that boat on the river below Parker dam. Maybe it’s the $5,000 prop.

I’ve run a 23 wakeboard boat and a 23 I/O on that stretch of Bluewater to Parker dam and somewhat learned the low spots. So I wouldn’t hesitate the run the 26, and if anyone has ever been on Arrowhead you can’t go straight for more than 100 feet anyway so the boat can turn sharp at the speeds I’d be willing to go (which would be slow because the river on a weekend is pretty white knuckle).

BoatCop

Retired And Loving It.
Reaction score
He appears taller in his shop coat. πŸ˜‚

Thanks Boat Cop! I'm gonna have some fun with this one!! πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ˜
My 50th Class reunion was a couple weeks ago. I didn't go, but was going through the pictures, and comparing them to my Senior Yearbook as I didn't recognize anyone at the reunion. Nothing but a bunch of old geezers and grannies.

Saw Tom's faculty pic and had to laugh. I just couldn't keep that kind of humor all to myself.

Wheeler

Reaction score
My 50th Class reunion was a couple weeks ago. I didn't go, but was going through the pictures, and comparing them to my Senior Yearbook as I didn't recognize anyone at the reunion. Nothing but a bunch of old geezers and grannies.

Saw Tom's faculty pic and had to laugh. I just couldn't keep that kind of humor all to myself.
I've been on Cougar talk many times over the years and this pic is new to me! Thanks again!

ps: I've already sent it to a few of our mutual friend's. 😁

Wheeler

Reaction score
When you Google Shit Show this picture shows up!
Don't show that pic to that Mobster guy it'll cause him anxiety knowing that people are having fun on the river. 🀣

Wheeler

Reaction score

And it just keeps getting better! πŸ€“ I'll see if I can find any high school pics of Tom from when he attended Dorsey!

done

Reaction score
My thought was always that the larger boats I have ridden in, especially tunnels, like to stretch their legs a lot more and cruise faster than Parker really allows. Sure, there are a few stretches that are ok, but in my buddies 30' Spectre, it just wasn't as fun in Parker compared to Havasu where we could cruise at 90+ for miles on end.
Even a little 22' boat going 0ver 70MPH, To slow it down after some one pulls off the shore in front of you. The boat coasts for a while trying to bring the speed down.
I think any size boat is OK,The wakeboard boats to me are the scary rouge wave makers.....If i run fast there, its during the week, and right down the middle !

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Or if you can’t turn , under power at the Parker dam
Get off my river !
Lol

Why I rarely go to Parker, in the summer .
River gets very small, on weekends . Even during the week . Now .

Flame on !

What about October 2023? πŸ€”πŸ˜Ž

hallett21

Reaction score
Size of boat really hasn’t bothered me down there. I’ll take a safe and sane driver in a 47 fountain over a typical weekend yahoo lol.