WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Watch guys?

Fabhouse

Reaction score
I insured my Omega, $10 a month I believe? It was an add-on rider with statefarm.

I did it back when I was traveling a lot for business, but still have the coverage today. I did it not because the watch was that expensive, but because I wanted to see what the process was like for my next watch. Thankfully I talked myself out of that $30k watch. No need for that yet at this stage in life for me
I figured $25 a month was pretty cheap to not worry about the daily or the ones in the safe.

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
Did the watch come with body guard on call, when your daugther is out and about? ;)
Nice watch [ diamonds are for ever for ladies ] I like the white/silver face on it.

AJ will be able to control the chaos.. Really cool watch @Tank

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
Did a quick detail on this datejust. I wear this one a lot and I have beat it up a lot. I know 2 tone and markers are not that popular but I like it.

IMG_0186.jpeg

Tank

Reaction score
Did the watch come with body guard on call, when your daugther is out and about? ;)
Nice watch [ diamonds are for ever for ladies ] I like the white/silver face on it.
Funny, that date/just with the diamonds was cheaper than my explorer II. 🤷🏻‍♂️ it was originally just diamond markers and stainless bezzle but we had them install the diamond bezzle.

AJ will be able to control the chaos.. Really cool watch @Tank
Yeah, AJ’s got it. 😁👍

Did a quick detail on this datejust. I wear this one a lot and I have beat it up a lot. I know 2 tone and markers are not that popular but I like it.

View attachment 1331648
Nice!!!

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score

View attachment 1331648
I actually dig a watch like that with some battle scars. When they are brand new and sparkling every which way, the more cynical side of me sees it as the "gotta have a rolex" kind of thing. Seeing it like this, its like a loyal companion. Been on adventures together, loved, etc, etc. I know I am a silly romantic with this stuff, but it boils down to the watch being used as a watch, and not some flex culture. And wearing a watch will always be cool when done like that. I like the totems under the monitor, if you had one, I would say an inception fan, but curious about having 5 tops.

Fabhouse

Reaction score
I actually dig a watch like that with some battle scars. When they are brand new and sparkling every which way, the more cynical side of me sees it as the "gotta have a rolex" kind of thing. Seeing it like this, its like a loyal companion. Been on adventures together, loved, etc, etc. I know I am a silly romantic with this stuff, but it boils down to the watch being used as a watch, and not some flex culture. And wearing a watch will always be cool when done like that. I like the totems under the monitor, if you had one, I would say an inception fan, but curious about having 5 tops.
Agree! I wore my Datejust for 12 years, everyday, and it shows. First service was 10 years in, when I dropped it and the winding rotor shaft broke. I wear it every few months just to keep things moving.

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score

X1000 on your above comments. I have worn one 24X7 for the last 30 years. The below watch was given to me by my father when I turned 16. He purchased from Geneva direct in 1983. Basically he told me to never take it off unless it was going directly into my safe. I have had this polished multiple times, sent in for full rebuilds, big wins, losses and everything in between. It has brought me unbelievable luck and confidence over the years.

I am passing this next month to my son turning 16 next month. The amount of adventures I have had with the watch from 94-14 are countless. I am excited for JP to have it.

IMG_0187.jpeg

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
Let me know how you get on with it. I almost picked this up last weekend, but I am only 6 weeks since getting my speedy, gotta delay it to keep my interest.
My current short list:

Tudor Black Bay 41 red bezel
JLC Reverso Duoface
Finally go grey on a Pepsi

tudor-m7941a1a0ru-0003.png
I really like the Tudors, but the hour hand is a turn off. Just me?

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
I really like the Tudors, but the hour hand is a turn off. Just me?
Nah, I don't like snowflake hands either, the second hand used to be as well, 1 is better than 2 :) I tried this on and handled it though. Its miles better than the previous version in fit/finish. Plus, the new movement is METAS, no faux rivets on bracelet, and finally the case isn't a two story building. I like the brand Tudor a ton for the history, but this is literally the only piece in their lineup I like, I am not a fan of the million other black bays or any other lines. For the money, I think the Omega Seamaster is quite superior, but I do want this in my collection still, alongside my Seamaster. Different aesthetic, more vintage vibe.

clarence

Reaction score
Let me know how you get on with it. I almost picked this up last weekend, but I am only 6 weeks since getting my speedy, gotta delay it to keep my interest.

I've a number of watches I really like, but this is my favorite by far.

Dial is hypnotizing. Perfect size for my 6.75" wrist too (height only adds to its presence).

Might be my exit watch. Can't see getting something like the Worldtimer after this.

If you like it, don't sleep on it. Supposedly limited production.

Since I can't take a good photograph, better images here:

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Any one else insure their watches? Most of us have a homeowners policy that would likely cover theft, but not loss or damage. I recently paid for a policy under Hodinkee after researching some of the available policies available. Not the cheapest, but the zero deductible and coverage for theft, loss (like you lost it), and damage seems worth it. The reviews were also positive.
I’ve got a rider on my policy where I list watches and guns, with pics and receipts )or valuations if I don’t have a receipt)

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score

For me, it depends on the source of the scars LOL

I don’t like desk-diving clasp scratches, for example. But if I’m playing with the boys and I get a nick…cool.

It’s like my truck.
Scratches from off-roading are fine.
But I’ll lose my shit if it’s from a shopping cart at the grocery store 😂

McKay

Reaction score

Dial is hypnotizing. Perfect size for my 6.75" wrist too (height only adds to its presence).

Might be my exit watch. Can't see getting something like the Worldtimer after this.

Tried that on a few weeks ago. Really nice watch! Congrats!

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score

I am good on blue dials with my worldtimer, so I don't think this edition is for me, but I do like those red bezel white dial PO's a bit. I am trying to stay away from Omega for a bit, after 4 of them that are keepers, but always glad to get first hand experience reports from people on various models. Watches and Wonders is in April, so let's see if something cool comes out from some surprise brand again. Predictions:

Rolex introduces bright dial colors to day dates to go with silly puzzle/emoji watch, and a few beyond boring other things
Tudor will convert some more models to latest movements and METAS certs, t fit clasp on the BB58
Omega won't participate and do Omega Days later in the year
JLC will have something even more bonkers in a reverso, and list prices go up even further for no reason
TAG will low key do something cool

jeepdog

Lucky jeepdog
Reaction score
Vortic is currently taking military issue vintage pocket watches and converting them to wrist watches. They are beyond bad ass, old Hamilton's mainly I think. Too expensive for me for what they are, but I will stare and admire.

VORTIC-2023MILITARYEDITION-14122.jpg
You fuckers put me through the watch rabbit hole...it started well. if I spend a grand why not 4? Fuck if you spend 10...anyway my grandfather said pick one, I was about ten,
I remember liking the big numbers...just contacted VORTIC today and will keep you all updated
20240211_092734.jpg
20240210_212251.jpg

Last edited:

jeepdog

Lucky jeepdog
Reaction score

Anyone want to meet up?

Attachments

• 20240215_182536.jpg
    20240215_182536.jpg
    6.6 MB · Views: 35

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
Just ordered a Globemaster.

View attachment 1341627

I'll see what the gray strap looks like, but think I'll swap for burgundy.

Damn man, how many Omegas is that for you now? I am sitting at 4 and thought I was the biggest fanboy in the group :) I love the Globemaster as well, I really want a pie pan dial, but I think I will go vintage for that itch. My Constellation is the overlap to cover this one off.

clarence

Reaction score
Seven. One slot left in the case.

Maybe the Worldtimer? Might be too big for my wrist though.

I'll try one on when I get the call my straps are in.

OK with waiting for something new to come out.

Would really like an Omega tank or skeleton dial.

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
Seven. One slot left in the case.

Maybe the Worldtimer? Might be too big for my wrist though.

I'll try one on when I get the call my straps are in.

OK with waiting for something new to come out.

Would really like an Omega tank or skeleton dial.
If a SMP300 fits you well, the Worldtimer is no problem, doesn't wear near as big as the dimensions hint at.

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
Ok boys -who's in on this auction action;

I'm sure this will get interesting, and fetch a ton of money. Collector's are lucky as Michael was not exclusive to one brand over his career, so quite the variety of pieces and some piece uniques as well by the sounds of it.

Tank

Reaction score
(Side bar) Was Schumacher the Stig?

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
THIS IS NOT MINE. I was joking with Gigi that I sold the house and bought this. 695K for those in the market.

View attachment 1350005
No slouches in that box either, Plenty of Patek Nautilus and Aquanauts, a World Timer, and something small seconds up top I can't make out. Precious stone watches aren't for me, but the sourcing of the sapphires is impressive on these.

jeepdog

Lucky jeepdog
Reaction score
No slouches in that box either, Plenty of Patek Nautilus and Aquanauts, a World Timer, and something small seconds up top I can't make out. Precious stone watches aren't for me, but the sourcing of the sapphires is impressive on these.
You made me look
Thanks

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
Just tried on the Omega Worldtimer.

Actually fits great, but my eyesight is now so bad that I can’t pick up any detail, can’t read anything.

Disappointing.
I have always been known for my sharp eyesight, turning 44 in a couple of months and I can tell you, I can read it well before lunchtime, and by the evening, that's not happening :)
WTposter1.jpeg

schweeng

Reaction score
I have a few Breitling's.... I have this one that is for sale. Have box and all that came with it.

PM if interested

Chris
brei.jpg