WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Watch guys?

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Awesome - and way out of my league.

Screen Shot 2022-03-03 at 3.05.19 PM.png

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
A little treat finally arrived from an artist near my birthplace in England, found him coincidentally on a search for something like this on Etsy. Now to get on the wall behind the watch box. He has many other models for Rolex, JLC, Patek, AP, Breitling, Tudor, IWC, A. Langhe & Sonne, Hublot, Zenith, Panerai, Tag, you get the idea. He has many models and reference numbers per brand, but of course not everything, browse and have a look if you like.

OmegaDrawing1.jpg
OmegaDrawing2.jpg

Last edited:

clarence

Reaction score

clarence

Reaction score
Hahaha.

Omega just introduced Aqua Terras with sunray dials.

And a green/green Seamaster Diver 300 "Hulk."

I feel like Omega are just snickering and laughing right now.

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
I am not a watch guy but I have a couple that my employer has given me over the years. The top sales leaders get a watch and a trip each year. Here is one I have never even taken out of the box. I don’t want to derail the thread but if someone is interested, Make me a fair offer and it is yours.

View attachment 1092773 View attachment 1092774 View attachment 1092775 View attachment 1092776
My bank did this as well giving out Rolex‘s to the top sales person in the country. The problem is the top person would then leave the bank. I was the first top guy to not get a watch. They gave me a Porsche instead but it was on a lease with super low buyout so I had to stay on for the following year. Beat out 500 other business banking officers in the company.

After the year I bought it out and flipped it.

clarence

Reaction score
Heehee.

Attachments

• omegaop.jpg
    omegaop.jpg
    462.1 KB · Views: 68
  • omegahulk.jpg
    omegahulk.jpg
    219.9 KB · Views: 69

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
Looking hard at these two.
I'm a giant Omega Fan Boy, and I really hate how they copied so much of what Rolex did last year. They were doing really well with their own identity, however, you have identified the two things I really liked, that Constellation is stunning, and my black/grey one as a testament, the crocodile strap is so beyond comfortable, I hope more people start giving them a try.

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
I like Jenni's pronunciations.

Jenni's videos are great as well. JLC is always a challenge with German name being added to a French name, in a Swiss company :)

Good watch video channels:

Bruce Williams
Jenni (as seen above)
The Urban Gentry
Watchbox Reviews
Watchfinder and Co
Just One More Watch ($1000 and below stuff)

By the way, two more watch prints arriving this week, son of a bitch, bad enough I like buying watches, now I want artwork to match :) Make sure to post yours when it arrives.

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score

LOL
I honestly think it was a great idea from a marketing scheme, attract a shit ton of attention to Omega and Swatch, low price point to tease people into buying something, but as we know, it will be ruined by flippers. Ideally, it would have worked as a "gateway drug" for young or newcomers to the hobby, and get them aspirational to buying a proper Speedy. But like everything else the past two years, flippers and secondary market will ruin the intent.

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
Oh, forgot to post the new additions drawing wise. I will of course try and take better photos with the watches themselves at some point.

drawings2.jpg

clarence

Reaction score
Tested with a couple of the smaller sizes.

I'll probably get a couple larger and frame them.

Attachments

• IMG_0048.jpg
    IMG_0048.jpg
    585.6 KB · Views: 38

clarence

Reaction score
I honestly think it was a great idea from a marketing scheme, attract a shit ton of attention to Omega and Swatch, low price point to tease people into buying something, but as we know, it will be ruined by flippers. Ideally, it would have worked as a "gateway drug" for young or newcomers to the hobby, and get them aspirational to buying a proper Speedy. But like everything else the past two years, flippers and secondary market will ruin the intent.

Yeah, think it's a smart move.

And shouldn't be ruined (for those with a little patience):

JD D05

Reaction score
I’m way too hard on a daily watch to throw that on my wrist. That sure is beautiful though!
They are extremely resistant and built to be beat up. Sounds weird but if you have a stainless Rolex or similar it is odd for them not to be marked up. I never take mine off gym, snowmobiling, and even when I strip bolts working on stuff. Every 5 years or so you can send to Rolex and they will make it perfect again.

Last edited:

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
It’s not even limited or anything? Just like the latest iPhone, I guess…
Yep, pure madness, hey, Omega X Swatch win the hype game ahead of Rolex announcing a new bezel color or something. Again, I think its great for what it is. I will totally buy one as soon as they are readily available on the website. Just a fun beater watch. Maybe some fun to distract me from buying the Omega AT World Timer, damn I am in love with that thing and totally don't need another decently expensive watch.

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
I read a cool thing once that said, "You can tell a lot about a guy by the watch he wears" . . . that always stuck with Me.

Roosky01

Reaction score
Let’s keep this thread alive. I love looking at what everyone puts on their wrist!

I hinted to the wife unit that this one would probably look nice on me as well…😉

1649302108304.jpeg