WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Watch guys?

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
What model is the blue one? Not that I could afford one but love the design!

Omega Aqua Terra World Timer, this complication usually has an extra zero in the price, but list is $8900. The "map" in the center is laser ablated out of titanium, no paint used, all chemical reaction while creating the 3D landscape, way too much to nerd out on.

Last edited:

clarence

Reaction score
I read a cool thing once that said, "You can tell a lot about a guy by the watch he wears" . . . that always stuck with Me.

One way or the other.

You see this watch? You see this watch? That watch cost more than your car. I made $970,000 last year. How much you make? You see, pal, that's who I am, and you're nothing.

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
One way or the other.

You see this watch? You see this watch? That watch cost more than your car. I made $970,000 last year. How much you make? You see, pal, that's who I am, and you're nothing.

Yep . . . $45.00 Casio . . . :cool:

clarence

Reaction score
Just ordered a 4-watch Pelican case.

Should limit me to the two Aqua Terras (casual, dress), Speedmaster Racing (driver), and Seamaster 300M (diver).

(Buying the Omega sailing bracelet was genius. That $300 protects me from buying other brands.)

Arguably room for a fifth on the wrist, of course.

How do you all curate your collection?

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
One way or the other.

Required viewing for all sales guys. I came up in sales when a manager could call you all a bunch of faggots and beat you up like that. Ive been in that room.

For sure it goes both ways, and changes over time like any industry.

At that time that was pretty high up on the prestige ladder.

Today a gold Rolex presidents says you've got some money, but you're not very interesting.

MooreMoney

Reaction score
I buster this one out today.

473850AB-4C8F-4EDD-BB93-27CE9CD29EE0.jpeg

sirbob

Reaction score
Required viewing for all sales guys. I came up in sales when a manager could call you all a bunch of faggots and beat you up like that. Ive been in that room.

For sure it goes both ways, and changes over time like any industry.

At that time that was pretty high up on the prestige ladder.

Today a gold Rolex presidents says you've got some money, but you're not very interesting.

Heck - I thought I was that guy for a while !!!

I remember sitting in the Hyatt Long Beach lobby around 1990 doing interviews..

Rep - so is there any reason you wouldn’t pass me on to the next step in the process?

Me - YA!!

I’m looking for somebody that I think is going to rip the head off of the competition and shit down their neck - and you ain’t that guy!! 😳

Haha - I found out real fast based on how they responded if they went on to the next step.

Some totally folded - others fully took me on. I hired the latter 😊

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
I've been a version of that guy.

Ive also been one of the guys in that room when it wasn't going to go down like the new ball busting manager thought it would.

We had the guy on his heels in about half an hour.

Him - its going to be really bad for you. (blah blah )

US - yeah its going to be worse for you, after all you cant add any value and there's a bunch of shit HQ hasn't fixed thats fucking us - and now you- raw.
Last guy pulled the same shit you are ended up like old yeller after 3 months - and he didn't get to be Jimmy.
As a matter of fact we aren't going to bother to remember your name, but just call you number 9.

You wanna pound on us - go right ahead, you certainly aren't going to replace any of us in the field and without all of us pulling down the number - you're completely fucked. So do you wanna work together or keep trying to pretend your Alec Baldwin and we're selling real estate?

IMG_2622.jpeg

Last edited:

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
Last one.
You own this one already? You mentioned having a green one on order? I have the black dial and love it, the silver looks dope on a blue strap as well. I am heading down to Fashion Island on Friday to visit a new AD and see how I am treated, and consider purchasing through them on my next couple of pieces if it would help me with other purchases, otherwise I will continue with the out of state game. Would be nice to have somewhere that treats your right locally though. Omega boutique has never been an issue, those guys always rock, no matter where in the world I am, but an AD that can discount, sometimes I guess my clothes are expensive enough, who knows.

clarence

Reaction score
Really liked the thought of wearing the green one around my Hulk-owning buddy, but like the grey/blue at least as much (like too that it is less popular). And impatient, didn't want to wait for the green's release.

I'll probably get the rubber strap too. Does look great.

Good luck with establishing a relationship. Seems that's the way of the watch world today.

Attachments

• 300mrubber.jpg
    300mrubber.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 31

clarence

Reaction score
SOTC and wish.

I'll probably add a rubber strap (blue) for the 300M and a perforated leather strap (blue) for the Speedy.

Resisting the Aqua Terra Worldtimer...

Attachments

• IMG_0049.jpg
    IMG_0049.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 58
  • IMG_0050.jpg
    IMG_0050.jpg
    726.4 KB · Views: 52

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
The whole collection with the wives TT DJ41. View attachment 1106438
Well done sir, blro on jubilee is what I want, and of course impossible to acquire, I am trying to build street cred with an AD with my Omega purchases, but doubt my name will ever be called, I never sell any of my watches, so I am the minority that wouldn't care if grey market was the same as retail, it would be better for me even, I'm not looking to "come up" on the purchase. Beautiful collection.

HTMike

OG
Reaction score
Well done sir, blro on jubilee is what I want, and of course impossible to acquire, I am trying to build street cred with an AD with my Omega purchases, but doubt my name will ever be called, I never sell any of my watches, so I am the minority that wouldn't care if grey market was the same as retail, it would be better for me even, I'm not looking to "come up" on the purchase. Beautiful collection.

Thanks ! Same with me on the grey market pricing. I buy to keep. I am going to my AD tonight and hoping to score a LV ( green bezel ) sub. He has brought one out for me to look at several times and even try on while I am browsing.

Attachments

• image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    56.5 KB · Views: 52

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
Here is my watch "station". In the watch box, they are grouped by function left to right, and then obviously by "tier". The bottom row has a good seiko cocktail time dress watch, not very expensive, and 15 dollar Casio that is hard to beat, and the other two are sentimental. That fossil for example, is the first watch I bought with a bonus check from my first job out of college, the Omega above was purchased when I finally reached a certain career and income goal. Sure the fossil doesn't get any wrist time, but every time I put on that Omega, I see how far I came, and remember where I came from.

watchbox.jpg
watchwall.jpg

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
Thanks ! Same with me on the grey market pricing. I buy to keep. I am going to my AD tonight and hoping to score a LV ( green bezel ) sub. He has brought one out for me to look at several times and even try on while I am browsing.
If you have a good experience with an AD, I would love to hear a recommendation if you are in So Cal by any chance. Again, not looking for any help, that isn't possible, just if I am buying other stuff, best it was at a place that would give a shit.

HTMike

OG
Reaction score
If you have a good experience with an AD, I would love to hear a recommendation if you are in So Cal by any chance. Again, not looking for any help, that isn't possible, just if I am buying other stuff, best it was at a place that would give a shit.

I'm near Chicago.

The best way to get a Rolex from an AD is not to ask for ultra hot pieces as a first watch. Be specific about exactly what you want and why you want it. Asking for one particular watch is also crucial. Spending some money on jewelry here and there does help a lot too. You don't need to spend insane money either... just a nice pair of earrings or a bracelet for the significant other on a special occasion. Lastly, follow up once a month or so. Don't press to hard though as you will get brushed off and ignored. It takes a little time but persistence pays off.

Marios Metalworks

Reaction score
Nice watches! I have an Omega SeaMaster tucked away in the safe. Saw it watching GoldenEye and fell in love.

Figured I’d pop this question in here in hopes that those who are a little more skilled than I can help:

Anybody know where I can find a resin band for a Casio Pro-Trek PRW-3000?

Thanks,

caribbean20

Reaction score
“They” are watching us. Posting in this thread and this shows up as a targeted ad in my WSJ.

So I take a look, fine looking timepiece. Good Lord! Ever look at the prices for these😳😳

89718AFC-4348-4282-A56F-1EA73270028D.png

Warlock1

Reaction score
Man, y'alls watches make mine look like the Swatch's from the 80's. If I had Daves money I'd own this one......lol

Attachments

• Big-Bang-Tourbillon-Automatic-Samuel-Ross-&-Associates-45-mm-soldier-shot.png
    Big-Bang-Tourbillon-Automatic-Samuel-Ross-&-Associates-45-mm-soldier-shot.png
    165.3 KB · Views: 25

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
“They” are watching us. Posting in this thread and this shows up as a targeted ad in my WSJ.

So I take a look, fine looking timepiece. Good Lord! Ever look at the prices for these😳😳

View attachment 1119978

Yup, RM's aren't my thing, luckily, as I would never be able to afford one. Now, the question is, did you look at what the MSRP of them are, or did you get the realistic, even more expensive, actual price you can buy them for on the secondary market? Several hundred k RM's that are worth double what the limited few who were allowed to buy them to begin with.

If you were to talk stupid money for watches, I guess I would divide the couple million between a fuck you rolex daytona in platinum if I want people to know I am rich and try and rob me, and then the rest would be on a JLC grand complication of some sort to own a piece of incredible engineering that is one of the few expensive wrist watches celebrities don't hype, which means it doesn't double in value, but is still fucking amazing. Bad investment in comparison to an RM, but just begin to appreciate what the fuck is going on here, mechanically.

20210525_PackShot_Front_Openb_Black.jpg

clarence

Reaction score
Like the Suunto 9 Peak so much, I’m making it my travel watch and just ordered a Suunto 3 ZH as my fitness watch.
suunto3zh.jpg

clarence

Reaction score
I've asked my AD for a Palm-motif Rolex DJ36.

Hate the cyclops, like the single batons, really like that it's the most playful Rolex.

I'll have it engraved "RUM TIME" and wear with a Hawaiian shirt.

We'll see if it happens.

rolexpalm.jpg

satellitemike

Reaction score
Anyone have a go to for Citizen? Looking for this one.

clarence

Reaction score
$392 (-$39/9%):

Probably not going to be able to do much better.

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
$392 (-$39/9%):

Probably not going to be able to do much better.

I see your Chrono24, and raise you a JomaShop :)
@satellitemike

1655920983439.png

clarence

Reaction score
Nice. Wouldn't have thought there'd be that much difference.

Says something about the profit margins in watches.

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
Nice. Wouldn't have thought there'd be that much difference.

Says something about the profit margins in watches.
Certain watches I would say, and from certain sources. I know for a fact the price I paid for my Hamilton was a mega loser to any regular watch dealer, but with JC Penney's coupon stacking and them not caring at the item level, it goes unnoticed. I have a buddy that is an AD, and couldn't get anywhere near 50% off, but that's how it goes. Things like this can be inventory dumps from mega retailers writing off lost value to grey market, who knows.

Also, just to point out for the un-initiated, JomaShop is a grey market dealer, so that means no factory warranty, but they provide their own. With some watches this is no big deal to me, with other price points and such, it is. I wouldn't hesitate to buy the above at Joma.

satellitemike

Reaction score
I see your Chrono24, and raise you a JomaShop :)
@satellitemike

View attachment 1128710
It just hit me, what length is the band, cant seem to find info online?

PlanB

Reaction score
Hard to follow the JLC, but just ordered a Suunto 9 Peak for fitness tracking and travel.

View attachment 1126208
I have not worn a watch in years (Rolex's sit in the safe) but just got a Garmin Epix 2 Titanium Sapphire. Bought it to track heartrate and other fitness parameters. So far I am impressed. These new fitness smart watches are pretty advanced now.

1160869_3_garmin-epix-2-sapphire-titanio-preto-010-02582-11.jpg

clarence

Reaction score
Nice.

The Garmin is the better fitness watch (better software), I just thought the Suunto 9 worked better as a travel watch as it looks a little less like what it is?

PlanB

Reaction score
Nice.

The Garmin is the better fitness watch (better software), I just thought the Suunto 9 worked better as a travel watch as it looks a little less like what it is?
It's a nice watch!

satellitemike

Reaction score

spark2678

Reaction score
If you don't have a Poundfoolish to match your DCB you ain't worthy! I enjoy my simple Apple watch.

McKay

Reaction score
I've asked my AD for a Palm-motif Rolex DJ36.

Hate the cyclops, like the single batons, really like that it's the most playful Rolex.

I'll have it engraved "RUM TIME" and wear with a Hawaiian shirt.

We'll see if it happens.

View attachment 1128272
Very easy to ditch the cyclops for a crystal without. Did that on a sub once. Some crystals don’t have anti reflective coating on them and you can just pop the cyclops off with a Popsicle stick.