WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Watch guys?

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
post a pic ! Might find a buyer here at RDP !!
LOL... naw man, I've seen what happens on these threads. I was only getting feedback on BEST way to unload this one. Refer to that link earlier if interested in buying one. Cheers

Reactions: DLC

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
Big pimpin..

Attachments

• CA21D454-545C-48F3-BB95-0F8D8190FD1C.jpeg
    CA21D454-545C-48F3-BB95-0F8D8190FD1C.jpeg
    258.6 KB · Views: 70

spectras only

Reaction score
Being a watch enthusiast, I refuse to spend big $$$ for a watch anymore. Saw a 42mm Bulova Winton classic [ made in Japan with Chinese bracelet ] and I really liked what I saw. Finish is superb for an automatic 21 jewel 60hr reserve watch that is available from Amazon as low as $583 dollars cdn. My trusty Tissot T-Touch is ready to die of old age and want to replace it with a mechanical movement automatic. What is your experience with Bulova?

71yqiSx-QfL._AC_UL1500_.jpg

My only concern is the new movement, don't see ball bearings in the rotor. The movement is Myota 83SO.
However, Myota [ Citizen ] claims using AO oil and grease that suppose to last 20 yrs.

Last edited:

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
Being a watch enthusiast, I refuse to spend big $$$ for a watch anymore. Saw a 42mm Bulova Winton classic [ made in Japan with Chinese bracelet ] and I really liked what I saw. Finish is superb for an automatic 21 jewel 60hr reserve watch that is available from Amazon as low as $583 dollars cdn. My trusty Tissot T-Touch is ready to die of old age and want to replace it with a mechanical movement automatic. What is your experience with Bulova?

71yqiSx-QfL._AC_UL1500_.jpg

My only concern is the new movement, don't see ball bearings in the rotor. The movement is Myota 83SO.
However, Myota [ Citizen ] claims using AO oil and grease that suppose to last 20 yrs.

I like Bulova as a brand, and has great history, my dad's daily is a Bulova, so I definitely support the idea of people owning one. As you said, it all comes down to the movement, and the Myota 83SO appears to be a hacking movement, many of there's aren't, so that is a good thing. The power reserve is decent, but just an FYI its beat rate is reduce to help get it that 60 hour reserve, just like how Tissot and Hamilton do with theirs.

I don't see any red flags. Funny you mention Tissot, I have been considering getting one of their PRX models recently for a good all 'rounder.

Bear Down

Reaction score
Best places to purchase a fine used watch? Coming to realize my days of buying new are far and few being a single income family.

Looking for
Omega or breitling

Last edited:

clarence

Reaction score
Best places to purchase a fine used watch? Coming to realize my days of buying new are far and few being a single income family.

Looking for
Omega or breitling

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score

Looking for
Omega or breitling

www.watchuseek.com

I am not the expert at buying used watches, but every chrono24 post I see are dream prices for the seller, so I don't know if the game is to offer low and see where you end up. I like watchuseek to get a better idea as it crawls various forums websites looking for listings, and those sites seem to be where more realistic numbers are posted. With the current state of things, prices should be coming down weekly. There are some brick and mortar places I know of in Orange County, besides Bob's Watches, if you are in this area as well, and as someone that has bought 3 Omegas in the past year, you can save a bit buying new, 20% off list or close to it usually, and if bought out of state with some places, you can avoid paying sales tax. Sometimes the combo of these two make a new a better deal than used.

spectras only

Reaction score

Looking for
Omega or breitling
Was looking at Breitling myself. Watchmaster buys and sells, certify watches. They're in Germany like Chrono24

Last edited:

warpt71

Lower River Lover
Reaction score
Nixon is having a pretty big sale right now. I ordered one of their automatics, it was 40% off! Seemed like too good of a deal to pass up

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Not personally, but watchrecon does a nice crawl of forums and such and a good place to start.

Watch Recon and WatchUSeek.com classifieds were my go-to’s when I was flipping watches…watch recon came online toward the end of my flipping days IIRC

Wifey just got me this masterpiece for my b-day, so now I can flex on all the poors on RDP 😊

4B640D41-0270-4126-8456-E0B366599BBD.jpeg

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
Watch Recon and WatchUSeek.com classifieds were my go-to’s when I was flipping watches…watch recon came online toward the end of my flipping days IIRC

Wifey just got me this masterpiece for my b-day, so now I can flex on all the poors on RDP 😊

View attachment 1187579
Hell yeah,
The Mudmaster. For those uninitiated, the MudMaster is the Schiada 21RC of Gshocks :).

I am still waiting for my perfect 2100 series CasiOak. I have a metal case one now, but I want full metal like the new ones, with the bluetooth and solar module, BUT, they need to be sensible again and have high contrast hands and indices so its actually legible if I am dropping that kind of coin on a Casio :).

Pronstar, as soon as you wear this tactical as fuck Gshock, you can pretend to be anything from Jack Ryan to a SWAT Team leader, choose wisely :)

sirbob

Reaction score
Funny thing about G Shocks, is they appeal to everyone, regardless of the size (or lack thereof) of your bank account.
:)

Well... Not everyone.

Not at all to say I dislike them but I can say they don't appeal to me. I totally think there is a place for them and lots do like them for good reason. I'm just not one.

spectras only

Reaction score
Found this used Tissot classic I like, but not for 2K. I'd buy a Longines before the Tissot. Prices are definitely up on nice vintage watches.

Ps; I still can't find out if that Bulova automatic I posted have ball bearing rotor or not. I called some reputable dealers who sells Bulova, but most stores are out of the Bulova 96A207 models, sold out at Chtistmas, to take a look at the back looking at the rotor for me.:rolleyes::(
It looks to me that the rotor is running in a jewel rather than BB.
miyota-caliber-82s0.jpg

Last edited:

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Found this used Tissot classic I like, but not for 2K. I'd buy a Longines before the Tissot. Prices are definitely up on nice vintage watches.
Thats a looker 🤙

pronstar

Reaction score
Trying to help a buddy out…
Very close friend of mine is looking for an Explorer ref 226750. Doesn’t want to pay over MSRP and is still seeing used sell for more.

He has no relationship with any dealer.
With the market softening, do y’all think he’s got a shot at finding one at a dealer (and what dealer if so)

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
Trying to help a buddy out…
Very close friend of mine is looking for an Explorer ref 226750. Doesn’t want to pay over MSRP and is still seeing used sell for more.

He has no relationship with any dealer.
With the market softening, do y’all think he’s got a shot at finding one at a dealer (and what dealer if so)

I have not had any luck finding AD's to be interested in me on Rolex still. The explorer is a better shot, but I still think he will need to get on a list and wait, maybe get lucky. Only realistic shots within a couple of months these days are smaller datejusts and maybe a Milgauss. When I asked about an Explorer II, they said that would be no different than a Batman in terms of wait time and scarcity.

clarence

Reaction score
Yeah, sorry. Don't see anything changing anytime soon.

satellitemike

Reaction score
So no luck finding this one, wasnt really wanting to spend 2 to 3k either.
Now looking at stuff back in my comfort zone, thoughts on this one?

clarence

Reaction score
So no luck finding this one, wasnt really wanting to spend 2 to 3k either.
Now looking at stuff back in my comfort zone, thoughts on this one?

Much prefer the Oris, of course, but probably can't go wrong with the Citizen.

pronstar

Reaction score
Saw these at a Swatch store, cool Moonwatch collaboration.
They’re under $300 and quartz, but I’d prolly have rocked one or several back in the day...they look fun!

72C2C8C9-915D-4D5B-B5CF-1BBA623C7E9B.jpeg

Attachments

• D8CECDBF-4A06-467B-A79E-CBFEF96C5ED4.jpeg
    D8CECDBF-4A06-467B-A79E-CBFEF96C5ED4.jpeg
    695.8 KB · Views: 27

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
Saw these at a Swatch store, cool Moonwatch collaboration.
They’re under $300 and quartz, but I’d prolly have rocked one or several back in the day...they look fun!

View attachment 1197435
If any were in stock you could have made some money for your time, I am not into flipping at all, but these are still really hard to come by, you can double your money overnight. In the beginning it was stupid, but still a secondary market on them. I want one just because, but they are making it difficult by not selling them online, trying to drive foot traffic into the store.

pronstar

Reaction score
If any were in stock you could have made some money for your time, I am not into flipping at all, but these are still really hard to come by, you can double your money overnight. In the beginning it was stupid, but still a secondary market on them. I want one just because, but they are making it difficult by not selling them online, trying to drive foot traffic into the store.

Wow, I had no idea.
The guy at the store made it sound like they had them in stock…I’ll have to go back and check.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score

View attachment 1187579
I like it... a lot. I'd rather have this than 90% of the watches on this thread. Nice piece.

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
I've been looking for a Rolex GMT Master II for a while. I'd love to buy a new one at MSRP from an AD, but that's just not happening anytime soon. I called my cousin who is a baller and has a watch collection asking him for his Rolex hookup, his guy wanted double MSRP. But my cousin said he had a 2013 GMT he would sell me at a great price since he doesn't wear the watch anymore since he bought his Skydweller, and was barely worn. So, I met him last week and bought his GMT Master II. Yeah, it needs a new crystal and a service. But overall it's in great shape. I'm gonna take the watch the Rolex service center in L.A. Pretty excited. It will probably cost me $1500 for everything but it should look new when it's done. I wore the watch last night at the Oscars, it was a good match with my Tux... Next, I'd really like to buy an Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch, love the bracelet on that watch and I think it's a great deal for about 7k.

tempImageWF9NpZ.png

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
I've been looking for a Rolex GMT Master II for a while. I'd love to buy a new one at MSRP from an AD, but that's just not happening anytime soon. I called my cousin who is a baller and has a watch collection asking him for his Rolex hookup, his guy wanted double MSRP. But my cousin said he had a 2013 GMT he would sell me at a great price since he doesn't wear the watch anymore since he bought his Skydweller, and was barely worn. So, I met him last week and bought his GMT Master II. Yeah, it needs a new crystal and a service. But overall it's in great shape. I'm gonna take the watch the Rolex service center in L.A. Pretty excited. It will probably cost me $1500 for everything but it should look new when it's done. I wore the watch last night at the Oscars, it was a good match with my Tux... Next, I'd really like to buy an Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch, love the bracelet on that watch and I think it's a great deal for about 7k.

View attachment 1208691

Let me know if you go for the Moonwatch, I have a good "strategy" and AD for Omega, I have bought 3 over past two years, the Moonwatch I think is my next Omega.

I am in the same boat of the GMT Master II, I want a Pepsi, however, we know getting one at MSRP is pretty much impossible, and grey market are still too close to double for me to pull the trigger. Let's see how this year goes.

traquer

Reaction score
Buddy wants to sell his omega blue side of the moon, he already has the dark side.

Also, Jomashop is great if you can't find it in stores. usually at a nice discount

traquer

Reaction score

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
Putting 600M of water resistance to the test…that’s all the underwater action I get these days 😂

View attachment 1213202
Remember to use the helium escape valve in the event you are doing saturation baby bathing :)

BTW, new Tudor Black Bay with red bezel looks nice so far from watches and wonders. Nothing Rolex did is cool nor interesting, hoping to see if JLC or anyone else had something of interest release this week.

DLC

Reaction score
Don’t you need to become a member before your able to buy anything

There might be a post count before your able to buy

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
I am a member on Watch U Seek, I don’t have a ton of posts- I can’t post to the classifieds- but I can send a PM to the seller with your contact info if you want me to. There might be other RDP members with more posts/ privileges that could do the same, if that is something you’re interested in.

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score

satellitemike

Reaction score
If all else fails, this one is on eBay brand new for only 60 bucks more. Pretty good deal on a nice watch. Love my Eco-Drive's...

Guess I should have done a little more homework on this one, It's a bit too small for me at 44mm, I need my watches in the 47 to 50mm size to fit my large wrist and not look like a toy.

McKay

Reaction score
Guess I should have done a little more homework on this one, It's a bit too small for me at 44mm, I need my watches in the 47 to 50mm size to fit my large wrist and not look like a toy.
That's nuts! That really limits the brands you can look to. I don't think any of the brands I wear make anything that large except for Rolex that just came out with a 50mm recently.

satellitemike

Reaction score
Ok one more question, any thoughts on where to find extra links for the one on the left? I got it from a coworker who said it was too big for him. View attachment 1217923 I called bulova and they don't have any, wtf?
16812186266422276186827972730283.jpg

Last edited: