Dan Lorenze

Reaction score

clarence

Reaction score
Interesting alternative?

1698617215918.png

Roosky01

Reaction score
Very nice Tag. I think the best you can do online is right under $2400... I would go to a Tag AD and see how close they can get to that price. Buying from a local AD has its perks.

This is good advice. However, an AD for a Tag is light years different from Rolex, etc. Me personally, Id' by from the cheapest place online that sells legit stock and put it on my wrist and enjoy it. It's not like these things at that price point are going to throw a timing chain/belt or anything.

satellitemike

Reaction score

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
Thoughts?
Anyone purchase thru reddit, seller is advertising it there?
View attachment 1295314
I have not yet bought through Reddit, though I know people that have. For Oris, where I buy my Omegas is an AD, so I would see what discount I could get there, and since its out of state, well, you can avoid tax in certain conditions if you choose to. I do like Oris, and I do like this particular one as well, very nice. https://www.exquisitetimepieces.com/ is my first look myself before I purchase anything. They send tons of watches to the various youtube channels for content, and have done well by me on my 3 Omegas.

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
I have been a fan of these ever since they came out. Anyone else like?

View attachment 1295300

I love Grand Seiko, the spring drive, and their dial work. However, they haven't made my "perfect" watch yet, but are getting close. I want at least 40mm, an interesting dial, spring drive, and power reserve on the back and not the front. Pretty much take the Snowflake and put power reserve on the back, and steel instead of titanium, and its my ideal GS. Others come close in manual wind configs, I wouldn't mind, but are 38mm, too small for my fat fuck wrists unfortunately. Good thing about GS, is they crank out new stuff all year long, every year, its bound to happen soon enough :)

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
I love Grand Seiko, the spring drive, and their dial work. However, they haven't made my "perfect" watch yet, but are getting close. I want at least 40mm, an interesting dial, spring drive, and power reserve on the back and not the front. Pretty much take the Snowflake and put power reserve on the back, and steel instead of titanium, and its my ideal GS. Others come close in manual wind configs, I wouldn't mind, but are 38mm, too small for my fat fuck wrists unfortunately. Good thing about GS, is they crank out new stuff all year long, every year, its bound to happen soon enough :)
Have them make one for me also 😊

I like ‘em chunky.
My watches range from 42mm to 47mm LOL

Oris is legit. My first mechanical was a TT1, and I still have it. But it’s the 42mm watch mentioned above and doesn’t get much wrist time anymore because it just feels too small 😂

The Oris pilot posted previously is a very nice piece.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
I switch between 2 watches for my daily and between the 2, my Longines Conquest Automatic gets compliments everywhere I go.

I own 2 Longines and they are awesome watches at a great entry point if you are looking for something that is under $3k. Just something else to take a look at. I almost bought a Tag, twice......lol....... and the quality of the Longines was night and day.

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
Prices are coming down on some Rolex models. Case in point, here's a great deal. A desirable GMT on Jubilee, "Batgirl". Months ago was a few grand more. This is a fantastic buy for someone.

Last edited:

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Prices are coming down on some Rolex models. Case in point, here's a great deal. A desirable GMT on Jubilee, "Batgirl". Months ago was a few grand more.

I have always wanted a blue face Milgauss. Probably one of the most underrated Rolex's IMO. Prices have come down for sure but still $15k for a watch that was under $10k back in 2012.

Screenshot_20231030_203147_Chrome.jpg

Also have a want for a gold/black/stainless sub.

Screenshot_20231030_202952_Chrome.jpg

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
I have always wanted a blue face Milgauss. Probably one of the most underrated Rolex's IMO. Prices have come down for sure but still $15k for a watch that was under $10k back in 2012.

View attachment 1295946

Also have a want for a gold/black/stainless sub.

View attachment 1295947

I also like the Milgauss... Recently discontinued it will be interesting to see what happens to them in the future. I love the second hand on them. The white face version is also very cool.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
I also like the Milgauss... Recently discontinued it will be interesting to see what happens to them in the future. I love the second hand on them. The white face version is also very cool.

Not surprised that it was discontinued. Not a popular model. Thinking it was too "off the rails" for some. The lightning bolt is what I love the most! Never have seen a white face

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
This one has been on my watchlist for a while. Impossible to find brand new at the store. I’m just gonna have to pull the trigger one day but I want it closer to $18K.

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
This one has been on my watchlist for a while. Impossible to find brand new at the store. I’m just gonna have to pull the trigger one day but I want it closer to $18K.

My cousin said to me that ever since he bought his Skydweller he has no need to buy another watch. He absolutely loves it and wears it everyday.

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score

I picture you more a Daytona guy.... You need a Daytona...

pkrrvr619

Reaction score

McKay

Reaction score

Love the sky just a bit big for me. The new green dial is gorgeous! I’ll keep you in mind for a blue as they get cheaper. Seeing them pop up now in the 21 range as of late.

Last edited:

sirbob

Reaction score

Love the sky dwellers but ca not see it on a jubilee band. To me those have to be on an oyster band.

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
Prices are coming down on some Rolex models. Case in point, here's a great deal. A desirable GMT on Jubilee, "Batgirl". Months ago was a few grand more. This is a fantastic buy for someone.

I would expect those still around 17k, that is the latest movement and says box and papers included, so all ideal. I am wary as its just a stock photo though, and no others posted it seems. GMT Master II "Pepsi" is still my main goal, I would pay this for one grey, as retail will never happen, but over 20k still these days.

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
I would expect those still around 17k, that is the latest movement and says box and papers included, so all ideal. I am wary as its just a stock photo though, and no others posted it seems. GMT Master II "Pepsi" is still my main goal, I would pay this for one grey, as retail will never happen, but over 20k still these days.

Good eye.... I saw that the seller was "Sotheby's and thought no problem. But you might be right, and it's an auction and the reserve is 12k and it's been met. hmmm. Shady.... I'm on a list with my local AD for a new GMT Pepsi/Jubilee, I'm all over the guy, lol. He told me straight up I'm gonna get mine by next Summer and not to worry. I read that making the Pepsi Bezel insert is extremely difficult and time consuming, I read that it takes Rolex a few attempts to get the colors just right on the Pepsi and often times they discard bezels that they don't get perfect. Could be just internet chatter but I kind of believe it. I can't remember where I heard that, maybe my AD. I dunno..

pkrrvr619

Reaction score
As a sailor i have fallen in love with the yacht master 2 as it has a timer for sailing racing. too bad its 22k used....

but alas this thread def has me looking for a green dial omega now...

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
Good eye.... I saw that the seller was "Sotheby's and thought no problem. But you might be right, and it's an auction and the reserve is 12k and it's been met. hmmm. Shady.... I'm on a list with my local AD for a new GMT Pepsi/Jubilee, I'm all over the guy, lol. He told me straight up I'm gonna get mine by next Summer and not to worry. I read that making the Pepsi Bezel insert is extremely difficult and time consuming, I read that it takes Rolex a few attempts to get the colors just right on the Pepsi and often times they discard bezels that they don't get perfect. Could be just internet chatter but I kind of believe it. I can't remember where I heard that, maybe my AD. I dunno..
That's what I hear from everywhere as well, I can't even get an AD to give me the time of day or talk to me, its terrible. North Orange county, tried 3 places and they won't event talk about getting on lists, just refer to me needing to build a "relationship" first while gesturing to jewelry, and commenting that it will be hard for me not being married :(

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
As a sailor i have fallen in love with the yacht master 2 as it has a timer for sailing racing. too bad its 22k used....

@shintoooo has one I think, maybe he would want to part with it :) The functionality is very cool, just not aesthetically my style. My current open wants are

Pepsi GMT II
Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch Sapphire
JLC Reverso Duoface
Some Breguet in the distant future :)

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score

I do have a Yachmaster 2. Box, papers, everything. Bought from Rolex at the Wynn. Might be willing to part with it. 😬

pkrrvr619

Reaction score
I do have a Yachmaster 2. Box, papers, everything. Bought from Rolex at the Wynn. Might be willing to part with it. 😬
I don’t want to even entertain that thought hahah.

I’m upgrading to an Scx and 1k hp motor this off season. Wife wants a new interior.

Something tells me I bring home a yacht master my days would be numbered haha.

viperized_jr

Reaction score
Jomashop all the way. Make sure it says they have all the original stuff. I have a tudor, omega and breitling from them. All original boxing and paperwork.

clarence

Reaction score

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
I went to the boutique to have a buckle swapped out under warranty last week. Super cool and super pissed me off, the amount of awesome "boutique only" releases and such. If I wasn't such a cheap bastard, after all of my omega's from an AD, at boutique, I could get the silver snoopy I am sure, but for Omega, I am allergic to paying retail.

This was another cool color combo, but, I didn't care for the watch much otherwise.

clarence

Reaction score
for Omega, I am allergic to paying retail.

I'd rather overpay an Omega AD 5% for the better watch, than overpay the grey market 75% for a Rolex (already 25% overvalued from the AD).

And the opportunity cost of the much more expensive Rolex more than makes up for the slight Omega depreciation.

traquer

Reaction score
I watched a Rolex video on YT and now it's all over my feed. Those guys crack me up, trying to flip watches to make a few grand in the gray market but they all talk like they're investing in rare Ferarris or real estate lol. Rolexes are badass, but just buy it and enjoy it. Guess they never got that memo

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
This one will fire up the Rolex purists:

I’ve pretty much given up on getting the call on a No-date Sub at this point. I wanted another watch and needed another beater, so I ordered a Steinhart Homage. This is the Ocean one 39 with aluminum (non-ceramic) bezel. Cost was around $400 or so. Quality is surprisingly good.
08A20F04-2A02-40BB-B644-0560693C5D0B.jpeg

4BF2982F-D22B-4A8B-A166-310C912F6A8E.jpeg

badgas

Reaction score
This one will fire up the Rolex purists:

I’ve pretty much given up on getting the call on a No-date Sub at this point. I wanted another watch and needed another beater, so I ordered a Steinhart Homage. This is the Ocean one 39 with aluminum (non-ceramic) bezel. Cost was around $400 or so. Quality is surprisingly good.
View attachment 1296800

View attachment 1296801
Love it !

Buy what you want for you.

I have and homage ( pagani design ) that I got on Prime day a while back for $95.00 not gonna lie it's works just like my Seiko's that are $300-$500 watches.

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
I'd rather overpay an Omega AD 5% for the better watch, than overpay the grey market 75% for a Rolex (already 25% overvalued from the AD).

And the opportunity cost of the much more expensive Rolex more than makes up for the slight Omega depreciation.

For sure, I was just saying the boutiques don't come off MSRP at all, so I go to an AD for Omega, not grey or anything, my AD will work with me but the Omega brand boutique is take it or leave it.

papabear639

Reaction score
My Dad was always a watch guy, he wore a Seiko diver almost every day of his life...He gave me HIS first one when I was about 11 or 12, I'm 47 now...anyway, we both wore Seikos forever and when he could afford a "nice watch" he sprung for a Breitling Chronospace Limited "Jet Team". He barely wore it because he loved his old Seiko so much and never had to worry about damaging it...Well, he is gone now and I wear his Breitling (and Seiko) all the time. I decided that it didn't deserve to be locked in the safe any longer. I absolutely love this watch....
Breitling.jpg

Tank

Reaction score
My Dad was always a watch guy, he wore a Seiko diver almost every day of his life...He gave me HIS first one when I was about 11 or 12, I'm 47 now...anyway, we both wore Seikos forever and when he could afford a "nice watch" he sprung for a Breitling Chronospace Limited "Jet Team". He barely wore it because he loved his old Seiko so much and never had to worry about damaging it...Well, he is gone now and I wear his Breitling (and Seiko) all the time. I decided that it didn't deserve to be locked in the safe any longer. I absolutely love this watch....
View attachment 1297148

That’s nice! I had two Bentleys two flying B’s and a Cronmat I bought as part of a package deal on 5 brietlings I scored a few years back. Sold one Bentley to a buddy, sold the cronomat to a member on here and I wish I never sold it! Sold the two flying B’s to a dealer. I wore the Bentley (same size as your chronospace) for a year or so
And found it just too big and didn’t feel comfortable going in the ocean with it or wearing it a lot, which I wanted to do. So I sold It too. Like I said, I should’ve kept cronomat. Can’t remember who bought it on here.

Gave them away! 🤦‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

The ones I sold:

IMG_4386.jpeg
IMG_4387.jpeg
IMG_4388.jpeg
IMG_4389.jpeg
IMG_4385.jpeg

WTR&PWR

Reaction score
It depends on how much you want to save, and your comfort level. And how shitty your local ADs are.

I would check Watchuseek and maybe Reddit and see what people are paying at ADs for the watch you want, then shop your local ADs and see what you can negotiate them down to. Also call or look (both online and in-person) at local jewelry/ watch stores for one that is preowned, many are unworn or in excellent condition. I prefer to buy locally when I can for after sale support, should you need any.

If you decide to buy online, make sure you go through a reputable seller, like jomashop, chrono 24, or the like. I have friends that use eBay and other personal sellers, but that’s above my comfort level. I have used Tourneau and Hyde Park, but you can usually find ADs who discount further if you dig a little. I found my Oris preowned but unworn at a Jared.

I’m sure some of the inmates here on RDP will have suggestions on ADs/ resellers in your area and online.
Sorry I didn’t read all the pages but what’s an AD?

pkrrvr619

Reaction score