Reaction score
what ya think??

coincidence??

Why?

20220615_205839.jpg
20220615_205814.jpg
20220615_205203.jpg

may be time to get a farm???

how does the bird flu transfer from farm to farm....

something doesn't smell right....

might be time for the Tin Hat to make a guest appearance...

rrrr

Reaction score
The only way to stop the avian flu is to kill flocks in areas where any exposure has been discovered. It can easily be transmitted into bird farms by wild birds (mostly ducks), or contaminated surfaces on vehicles that have hauled infected poultry.

There have been outbreaks in the past that have resulted in tens of millions of birds being culled.

Last edited:

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
The bird flu may be an issue. Tin hat or no tin hat, may determine ones thoughts on it.
The fires though? Sure seems like a lot more of those.

We just started getting stuff together for hatching chick's. We have a handful of hens, and one cocky loudmouth...
Garden is starting to sprout too...
If nothing else, just to offset costs. Grocery store trips for 5 are getting pricey!

DirtyWhiteDog

Reaction score
Yeah, our biggest fear is the wild doves. Those fuckers can get into any pen we've built for our chickens and quail. We are adding more to both flocks because of biden voters.

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
If it werent comunicable bird diseases, the world would have never had Carroll Shelby as we knew him.

JDKRXW

Reaction score

Boat211

Reaction score
What in the literal fuck???

I can say for sure that if someone tries to access my animals, they'll be met with what I won't type here.
My dad, grampa and everyone up the ladder were like this - and everyone else I know is/was exactly the same.
Be taking a trip to the train station.

havasuhusker

Reaction score
Cows can't get rid of heat effectively, so I'd say it's possible.

2Driver

Reaction score
All this reminds me of the caravan of Hummvees that went through San Diego during the first few panic weeks of Covid. Everyone’s hair was on fire and the reasons posted about why they were there were crazy.

That said, I guess it couldn’t hurt to grab a pallet of that RDP cuisine.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
That is crazy crap…..Maybe they got monkey pox?

wash11

Reaction score
@wash11 knows more about cattle than any of us. Joel, is it possible for cattle to die from heat and humidity?
Yes. Cattle can handle some crazy temps in blazing sun then shed the heat overnight. If temps don't drop at night along with no wind, they hold the heat and can only do about 3 days, 4 tops before they shut down. It appears to be a perfect storm.

But one has to question a few things.
1. Why all the process plant fires? If you've ever been in one it's all stainless steel for the most part with very little fuel source that I can think of.
2. Why the timing? These big bastards started burning before the usual fire seasons.

If someone wanted to kill 10000 cattle, the easiest way would be choking off the available butcher appointments by burning down facilities so 1400lb, finished steers would continue to be fed out past a healthy and stable point. Oh, and they'd probably want to have them standing there right about mid June when the first big heat waves always hit.

Makes a guy wonder.

wash11

Reaction score
To put this into perspective: Rough estimate on this 10000 finished beef dying means that 6,000,000 pounds of beef will not be added to a supply chain that's already scrambling. Buckle up butter cups.

dread Pirate

Reaction score
To put this into perspective: Rough estimate on this 10000 finished beef dying means that 6,000,000 pounds of beef will not be added to a supply chain that's already scrambling. Buckle up butter cups.

This,,, Prices are already high, transportation and shipping is going to get more expensive as fuel keeps increasing. Same for food and fertilizers. Lets not forget the train that derailed causing the shortage of fertilizer coning out of Canada recently. With all the "unanswered" reasons these fires keep starting in facilities that should be capable of controlling a fire in a reasonable timeframe,,,, Whole lot of WTF to be answered,,

dread Pirate

Reaction score
The neighbors ranch I help with run a low head count. Place is the original family homestead going back to the 1880's. They run enough to pay the taxes and maintenance on the place. Family does big cattle east of Red Bluff. High end black Angus. They aren't too worried about here and the other neighbors feel the same as the local auction and butchers are still running fine. They have some serious concerns about their Red Bluff operation though.. They are going to have (edit) 500+ head going to auction in a few months. What happens if they can't send them? Pasture will be dry by then and feed will be an issue... Then you start multiplying that with all the other ranches that will be in the same situation.
More WTF???

Last edited:

bonesfab

Reaction score
I will take some filets if anyone has extras. 50-100 lbs..

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Yes. Cattle can handle some crazy temps in blazing sun then shed the heat overnight. If temps don't drop at night along with no wind, they hold the heat and can only do about 3 days, 4 tops before they shut down. It appears to be a perfect storm.

1. Why all the process plant fires? If you've ever been in one it's all stainless steel for the most part with very little fuel source that I can think of.
2. Why the timing? These big bastards started burning before the usual fire seasons.

If someone wanted to kill 10000 cattle, the easiest way would be choking off the available butcher appointments by burning down facilities so 1400lb, finished steers would continue to be fed out past a healthy and stable point. Oh, and they'd probably want to have them standing there right about mid June when the first big heat waves always hit.

Makes a guy wonder.
There's a couple of facets to the story most wouldn't think about. I didn't until you brought it up. The stockyards and feed lots in the Midwest are backed up by the processing issues. They usually aren't meant for long term "care". They usually have a rotation. They get backed up, and those cattle in the field are left on pasture that should also be recovering, growing out for fall. Some pastures won't be able to be used for feed, as it won't get time to grow before the winter...
Fuck me running...this spring has been bad, but it can set in motion some real bad times ahead.

Mcob25rg

Reaction score
So now I won’t sleep tonight. Yes, I’m paranoid, but how can any of this be explained reasonably? Why isn’t it front and center news? What are the farmers saying - can’t believe the pictures are posted with no explanation - am I just stupid? I thought I was up on all current events - I haven’t seen any of this except here - help!

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Now this

Judging from the clouds and the clothing, the story of "heat and humidity" isn't going to fly.
The powers that be, don't want many of us around. Those that they want here, will be the compliant slaves. Brave New World meets New World Order...

4Waters

Reaction score
"Close Encounters of the Third Kind" comes to mind, government killing off animals to create fear control the people.

SkyDirtWaterguy

Reaction score
I’ve been saying the next crisis is going to be a food supply shortage and that’s when shit is gonna get real. There will be no need to hoard Toilet paper then…..

Fastdadtsmith

Reaction score
Guess I'm going to need a bigger freezer?

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score

Makes a guy wonder.

I read some of the comments in the Twitter thread. Several people said the same thing you did about the cows. Black heavy cows (finished, or nearly finished), over 100 during the day and only cooling to 80 at night, high humidity, and they drop.

Roosky01

Reaction score
One of the plants listed is co-owned by a guy I went to school with. They were back up and running in some fashion (say 60%) in about 7 days and increased from there based on them being able to utilize idle existing facilities in the area. I’m sure it was a pain in the ass, but they did everything possible to keep their customer base somewhat content.

I don’t think there was anything nefarious regarding the fire as the cause was determined to be some wiring that was incorrectly installed during construction a few years earlier, I believe.

It sure does make a person wonder though with all of these incidents seeming to snowball…

dread Pirate

Reaction score
Just had another processing plant burn over the weekend. Trying to find the article. Was in local news but didn't make headlines.

paradise

Spooner
Reaction score
One of the plants listed is co-owned by a guy I went to school with. They were back up and running in some fashion (say 60%) in about 7 days and increased from there based on them being able to utilize idle existing facilities in the area. I’m sure it was a pain in the ass, but they did everything possible to keep their customer base somewhat content.

I don’t think there was anything nefarious regarding the fire as the cause was determined to be some wiring that was incorrectly installed during construction a few years earlier, I believe.

It sure does make a person wonder though with all of these incidents seeming to snowball…
They always blame it on faulty wiring. Even when there’s no power 🙄