WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Riverdave picks up lunch tab for 100,000 people.

whiteworks

Custom Shutters by WhiteWorks
Reaction score
Few months back RD posted up about the MRE saga he got himself involved in and was looking for some options. I passed along his contact number to my cousin who has a little non profit called Barbers for Baja Foindation he’s been bootstrapping up for a few years. There are a bunch of barber shops (he’s a barber) that have signed on with him that raise funds and they do stuff down in Baja California with the proceeds, real grass roots type deal, medical supplies, school fees, etc….

Anyways I figure people are hungry there and maybe he can figure something out with RD, passed along the contact and pretty much forgot about it. Yesterday my cousin sends me a link to the following article about the continuing saga of the MRE’s.

I don’t know the exact string of events and flow to make all this happen, and I’m sure there is one hell of a story here that RD might grace us with. But from where I’m sitting, well done Dave, you deserve some recognition on this one👍

I’m also super proud of my cousin and his hard work over the last few years creating Barbers for Baja and the network of people that make things happen. They just recieved their 5013c status last month.

BF01FC61-839A-4596-8934-0C6F5FD7129B.jpeg

FCT

Reaction score
WoW!!!!! Cool story. Guy dumps off a bad investment and now he is a hero? Glad to see some people got to eat. Will they be crapping on the sidewalks too?
Maybe I’m reading your comment in the wrong context but to me it seems like you’re being a smart ass and kind of shity about somebody helping others and doing a good thing. I hope I’m wrong.

4Waters

Reaction score
Maybe I’m reading your comment in the wrong context but to me it seems like you’re being a smart ass and kind of shity about somebody helping others and doing a good thing. I hope I’m wrong.
Chang that question mark to a period and it changes it

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
FEMA fraud and corruption is well documented in the Puerto Rico district. There are FEMA officials in prison since 2019 for widespread FEMA fraud involving everything from infrastructure to food.
Food items for hurricane/ disaster relief are (and have been) held back from dispersing until they can be legally sold as the expiration date approaches.
As Dave told us. there are multiple warehouses there full of rations. This is because they hold the food then sell it.
It’s legal as far as the expiration date selling goes, and after or near expiration (I forget exactly) fema food can also be legally redistributed to other districts. The unethical part is the use of disaster loopholes to hold the stuff for years.
However, there is also a 40% “food uncertainty” rating in Puerto Rico. That means about 1.2 million people in Puerto Rico don’t always know where their next meal is coming from.
I never saw Dave post anything claiming to be some Robin Hood or hero. He made a deal and this is how it all worked out.
What didn’t sell he gave away for the tax break, as any of us would have done considering carrying costs.
The bad part of it all is that it sucks for the Puerto Rican needy who had it sent there by us, the taxpayers, for disaster relief for them.
Then it ended up somewhere else because of a revenue stream.
Again, no knock on Dave at all, but let’s not lose sight of what it is.
At least people that need it will eat it, so that’s good.
And right now more warehouses are sitting full over there while people are still hungry.
Government…just can’t keep their hand out of the cookie jar.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
FEMA fraud and corruption is well documented in the Puerto Rico district. There are FEMA officials in prison since 2019 for widespread FEMA fraud involving everything from infrastructure to food.
Food items for hurricane/ disaster relief are (and have been) held back from dispersing until they can be legally sold as the expiration date approaches.
As Dave told us. there are multiple warehouses there full of rations. This is because they hold the food then sell it.
It’s legal as far as the expiration date selling goes, and after or near expiration (I forget exactly) fema food can also be legally redistributed to other districts. The unethical part is the use of disaster loopholes to hold the stuff for years.
However, there is also a 40% “food uncertainty” rating in Puerto Rico. That means about 1.2 million people in Puerto Rico don’t always know where their next meal is coming from.
I never saw Dave post anything claiming to be some Robin Hood or hero. He made a deal and this is how it all worked out.
What didn’t sell he gave away for the tax break, as any of us would have done considering carrying costs.
The bad part of it all is that it sucks for the Puerto Rican needy who had it sent there by us, the taxpayers, for disaster relief for them.
Then it ended up somewhere else because of a revenue stream.
Again, no knock on Dave at all, but let’s not lose sight of what it is.
At least people that need it will eat it, so that’s good.
And right now more warehouses are sitting full over there while people are still hungry.
Government…just can’t keep their hand out of the cookie jar.

When I went and bought this lot it was in a warehouse.. the warehouse made the one at the end of Indians Jones look small. I mean walking 10 plus minutes past isles and isles of food and water. They have four of those warehouses on the island..

Having seen one of them in person, let me tell you flat they had plenty of food and water on hand when that hurricane hit. Why it wasn’t distributed by fema I have no idea. I suspect that the bay shit crazy chick that was in charge at the time would rather see people starve just to try and make Trump look bad..

I’ve seen it with my own eyes though and they could easily feed that entire island for awhile before shit got bad.

Should be noted they sold this lot to make room for new lots that were coming in. When I purchased it I had I think ten days to inspect and remove it from the premises.. which shipping it arranging intermodal etc was 😳

I’ll type the whole story up of how all this came to be and what it costs and where it ended.. but I am happy that it’s going to people in need and yes the tax write off is a nice bonus as well.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
When I went and bought this lot it was in a warehouse.. the warehouse made the one at the end of Indians Jones look small. I mean walking 10 plus minutes past isles and isles of food and water. They have four of those warehouses on the island..

Having seen one of them in person, let me tell you flat they had plenty of food and water on hand when that hurricane hit. Why it wasn’t distributed by fema I have no idea. I suspect that the bay shit crazy chick that was in charge at the time would rather see people starve just to try and make Trump look bad..

I’ve seen it with my own eyes though and they could easily feed that entire island for awhile before shit got bad.

Should be noted they sold this lot to make room for new lots that were coming in. When I purchased it I had I think ten days to inspect and remove it from the premises.. which shipping it arranging intermodal etc was 😳

I’ll type the whole story up of how all this came to be and what it costs and where it ended.. but I am happy that it’s going to people in need and yes the tax write off is a nice bonus as well.
Exactly.

jet496

Reaction score
MRE = meal ready to eat

Saga = the word is used to describe a very complicated or detailed series of events.
Not exactly a normal everyday abbreviation. I know it's tough but maybe spell it out if it's not a common expression. Just sayin' & no shit I know what saga is smart ass.

whiteworks

Custom Shutters by WhiteWorks
Reaction score
Not exactly a normal everyday abbreviation. I know it's tough but maybe spell it out if it's not a common expression. Just sayin' & no shit I know what saga is smart ass.
Just wanted to cover all bases, ya just don’t know these days LOL

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
They were put to good use thanks to Dave (& FIL,l if I remember correctly) rescuing them from PR.
👍🤘
Btw...RD, I believe it is aisles & aisles you walked past😉😊

steamin rice

No Bad Days....
Reaction score
Nice to see how this turned out. Seems like a win for Dave and a win for the nonprofit, so that's great.

coz

-------------------
Reaction score
Nice job WW and Dave. 👍

Dalton

Reaction score
WoW!!!!! Cool story. Guy dumps off a bad investment and now he is a hero? Glad to see some people got to eat. Will they be crapping on the sidewalks too?

This is a boating website not a heavy bag at the gym