WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Anyone have an extra $350K burning a hole in your pocket?

rivergames

Reaction score

1708541399144.png

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
Engine/Axle ratio is all wrong.

Pass

Edit...they need a marketing guy. Had they parked the thing a couple hundred feet back on the good grass and maybe wiped the trailer down with a damp rag it wouldn't look like it's some piece of shit that's been sitting in a dirt lot for the last 10 years. Maybe some interior photos too....

Backlash

Reaction score
If I remember correctly, didn't someone have the idea of using this hull for offshore fishing? I thought someone mentioned that and something about the boat being shipped down to Cabo? I can't be certain, but I thought I read/heard that somewhere. 🤷

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
“Gelcoater” might have been involved if that boat was sprayed in California?

Backlash

Reaction score
Sorry, that pig ain't worth anywhere near 350k.
Maybe not in the current condition with only those two outboards on the transom. But, have you seen the latest renderings from "Invincible" and "Freeman?" You could buy this boat, add additional HP and be light years ahead of what those other manufacturers are asking for their boats. 👍

hallett21

Reaction score
It’s a great concept but with companies like Freeman who have perfected the offshore cat I think you’d need to tear the hull down to nothing and build it back.

DWC

Reaction score
I liked it better as a 40’. Moved out pretty good for a huge boat.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Maybe not in the current condition with only those two outboards on the transom. But, have you seen the latest renderings from "Invincible" and "Freeman?" You could buy this boat, add additional HP and be light years ahead of what those other manufacturers are asking for their boats. 👍

Both Freeman and Invincible are Schiada money. Good for them if they can get it but I’m not paying it lol

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
You guys are higher than giraffe pussy.. I’ve been in this boat and it runs bitchen!

Also have friends that have gone fishing with Thane 100 miles offshore in six footers and the boat ran awesome. Boat runs 30 knots with 600 gallons of fuel on board.

100% carbon Kevlar build.. and it’s built right.

350 isn’t a bad price for that boat.. especially coming off the Miami boat show and seeing what the comparable cost. Anything like this is going to be in the 7-800’s used. New 1.5-2

OLDRAAT

inadequate member
Reaction score
If the boat wasn't so overpriced, someone with FU bux might be able to improve it and make it a good ocean or large lake cruiser. 🤔
Curious what a pair (or more) of 500R's or 600's would do to handling performance. I can't see, but does it have a bow thruster? If not, it would be a good addition.

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
You guys are higher than giraffe pussy.. I’ve been in this boat and it runs bitchen!

Also have friends that have gone fishing with Thane 100 miles offshore in six footers and the boat ran awesome. Boat runs 30 knots with 600 gallons of fuel on board.

100% carbon Kevlar build.. and it’s built right.

350 isn’t a bad price for that boat.. especially coming off the Miami boat show and seeing what the comparable cost. Anything like this is going to be in the 7-800’s used. New 1.5-2
Aint that the truth. Buddy was looking at upgrading his Sunseeker 50 to a 75. Same crappy grill but a 6.5m price tag.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
If the boat wasn't so overpriced, someone with FU bux might be able to improve it and make it a good ocean or large lake cruiser. 🤔
Curious what a pair (or more) of 500R's or 600's would do to handling performance. I can't see, but does it have a bow thruster? If not, it would be a good addition.

I don’t see how this is overpriced? Have you seen what 350k gets ya nowadays in this marketplace?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Aint that the truth. Buddy was looking at upgrading his Sunseeker 50 to a 75. Same crappy grill but a 6.5m price tag.

lol right? Sorry I missed you in Miami.

Reactions: SJP

PlanB

Reaction score
Bob Leach was running one of these in Oceanside years ago. I thought on was an I/O with diesels. Been a long time. I was told they were good running boats.

COCA COLA COWBOY

Reaction score
I always liked that boat, but can't say I like that they painted the bottom. I assume it's been left in a slip. The interior is showing quite a bit of wear. This would be a sick boat with a couple more outboards added on!

hallett21

Reaction score

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
Does it even get on plane? Goddamn that’s a big bitch
Its likely a semi-displacement boat being a CAT. They can still haul the mail. Our 35' power cat will max at 32 mph and is a displacement boat as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: DWC

Sherpa

Reaction score
I’d take Randy’s new race boat over this one.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
If I remember correctly the cabin isn’t finished out either.

whiteworks

Custom Shutters by WhiteWorks
Reaction score
Thane did the original tooling for that model. He bought it back and the molds from Eliminator. This one was never rigged before Thane finished it at Nordic.
How many were laid up? I remember Bob showing this me this boat at the OG factory after the new factory complex fizzled out, what a shame that deal was, horrible timing on an amazing dream complex.

I believe Bob said he had built it with big turbo diesels and it ran quite well, but was a spec boat and when things got tight he pulled the power out and and sold it. Same hull or was there more than one laid up?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
How many were laid up? I remember Bob showing this me this boat at the OG factory after the new factory complex fizzled out, what a shame that deal was, horrible timing on an amazing dream complex.

I believe Bob said he had built it with big turbo diesels and it ran quite well, but was a spec boat and when things got tight he pulled the power out and and sold it. Same hull or was there more than one laid up?

There was a green and yellow one that went to Florida. I think it’s still out running around.

lakemadness

Grobe Bruste Bitte
Reaction score
I think if it were completely cleaned up and in tip-top shape, it might be worth their ask. As it sits, it looks rough, to say the least. So what else does it need beyond cosmetics is the question. It's also 15 years old...

toto

Reaction score
I think this would be the ultimate LOTO boat for busy weekends.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
… for $350,000… This old boy would prefer a 50 or so foot old wooden classic yacht… but then again, there’s the upkeep on wooden boats…so???…

JFMFG

Reaction score
I asked thane and this is what he said

Fully finished has a shower bathroom, hot water on demand and three sleeping areas to double beds up in the the front of each sponson and one big single bed over top of the tunnel
Where did thane end up?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Where did thane end up?

He’s around in Havasu when he isn’t in Canada spending time with his mom.

I’m gonna goto dinner with him next week actually..

He’s gonna ask me something’s at that dinner I already know that I’m just not going to have good answers for.. 😳

First he’s gonna say why are your members claiming value on my boat when they pretty much don’t know anything about the boat?

Then he’s gonna say why would they even bother doing that when those same people have absolutely no interest in owning something like that anyways?

At which point my only answer is gonna be “guess I’m buying dinner”.

I’ll be tacking that onto some of these people’s membership dues.