WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Fast N Loud

Swain

Reaction score
Been over for two years, I know a few guys that used to work there. I went to a taping in LA since we used to do wheels for the show every so often.

Lawsuit with that bar he opened also.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Saw him on the Joe Rogan Podcast. Discovery had him by the balls with his 10 year old contract. He could not do any content on his own.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
It lost a lot of its luster when Aaron bolted.
It was fun to watch but definitely became rather repetitive.
I think most of those car shows where they are trying to beat a deadline type format have jumped the shark a long time ago. It seems the only ones still doing fairly well as the ones like Bitchin' Rides where they focus on the actual talent and product, not the manufactured stress.

DWC

Reaction score
I think most of those car shows where they are trying to beat a deadline type format have jumped the shark a long time ago. It seems the only ones still doing fairly well as the ones like Bitchin' Rides where they focus on the actual talent and product, not the manufactured stress.
X3 on Bitchin Rides. Their cars are 100% badass. They don’t do the big build-up on how they low balled some bumpkin to buy the car. Not a lot of hype how they’ll never make the deadline... again.
Just great kustom cars.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
You better say that...... Ive been told Kevin reads RDP from time to time and shows up at some of the RDP parties.
First time I saw him at the rdp DS afterparty I thought he was a lookalike before learning it was really him. Chatted with him at 3Dunes a few years ago and he certainly was very nice guy and talked openly like any other normal dude.

Swain

Reaction score
Dave is a really nice guy we have done wheels for him a few times. We do a lot of wheels for Iron Resurrection, Joe and Mandy Martin are also really nice and they build cool cars and trucks.

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
There was a new show centered at GAS that a buddy was part of. Centered around finding iconic cars and thier history then bringing them back.
No drama. No this is how you install a whatever. We know all that.
More human element and where and how the car disappeared.
Can’t remember the title and Discovery kept moving it around the time slots.
To bad those shows jumped the shark. There’s better content on YouTube.

poncho

Reaction score
Dave is a really nice guy we have done wheels for him a few times. We do a lot of wheels for Iron Resurrection, Joe and Mandy Martin are also really nice and they build cool cars and trucks.
I have some Martin Brothers pipes on my chopper and needed some feedback, nice bunch there.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I enjoy watching IR.👍Even on TV they seem like down to earth folks.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
They came to the eliminator regatta last go round, all f'd up and wearing American flag thong speedos. Good guys.
I recall all the bs comments posted about their attire.

Hermosa

Pibb + Red Vines = CD
Reaction score
The tattooed girl in the office appeared to have a nice rack 😁 My buddy said Dave and Kevin from Bitchin rides are way down to earth. Me likey Bitchin rides!

Met Dave out riding in the desert a couple times, really nice guy, super helpful to another party that was having trouble. Seen him around town, just a normal guy.

nowski

Reaction score
Been there done that but to be honest, the show wasn't the same when Sue left. Hey Ass Monkey...

Ass Monkey.jpg
Ass Monkey -2.jpg

wallnutz

Reaction score
End to the show

I have seen some of their “kustom” work. Pretty hacked up, A lot weren’t even finished. As in no headliners, door panels screwed on with the screw heads exposed, just pretty crappy. Obviously the camera adds 10lbs of shit.
Bitchin Rides is the best. Went to tour their shop a few years ago and Dave and Kevin weren’t there. The girls in the front gave us a few shirts and hoodies since we missed them

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
You better say that...... Ive been told Kevin reads RDP from time to time and shows up at some of the RDP parties.
Yeah he is a custom boat guy, if I'm not mistaken he still has a Nordic 28 heat.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Been over for two years, I know a few guys that used to work there. I went to a taping in LA since we used to do wheels for the show every so often.

Lawsuit with that bar he opened also.

you make wheels?

what lawsuit regarding the bar? Im
Always interested in hearing about that because I plan to open a bar someday.

rrrr

Reaction score
I have seen some of their “kustom” work. Pretty hacked up, A lot weren’t even finished. As in no headliners, door panels screwed on with the screw heads exposed, just pretty crappy.

I remember watching the first few episodes. They used rattle cans to paint the engine bay and underside of a "custom" build.

Swain

Reaction score

lbhsbz

Reaction score

JDKRXW

Reaction score
X3 on Bitchin Rides. Their cars are 100% badass. They don’t do the big build-up on how they low balled some bumpkin to buy the car. Not a lot of hype how they’ll never make the deadline... again.
Just great kustom cars.

This.
Serious badassery comes from his shop because he has serious talent working for him.

The other show I get a kick out of is; https://partridgedesign.co/gwg-cars-1
They have some European cool stuff.

Last edited:

brianwhiteboy

Professional Lurker
Reaction score

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
There was a new show centered at GAS that a buddy was part of. Centered around finding iconic cars and thier history then bringing them back.
No drama. No this is how you install a whatever. We know all that.
More human element and where and how the car disappeared.
Can’t remember the title and Discovery kept moving it around the time slots.
To bad those shows jumped the shark. There’s better content on YouTube.
I think you are talking about Car Kings (Galpin Motors). That was a good show.

DWC

Reaction score
This.
Serious badassery comes from his shop becasue he has serious tallent working for him.

The other show I get a kick out of is; https://partridgedesign.co/gwg-cars-1
They have some European cool stuff.
Agreed, they have some off the wall stuff with cool designs. Fun show to watch. The bikes are nice too.
I like this one too. Huge variety of cars and bikes.
9B46AED4-B05E-4AAE-994A-D20621D7AF2F.jpeg

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Yes, same John. He lived near me when he was living on Lassen and Woodley. He had his own shop at Cal Car Cover Company for awhile. He raced drag boats for a short time as well. I went to a few car shows with him at the Ventura County Fairgrounds when he had his yellow El Camino. I'll try and find a picture.

Yes, he was on Season 2 Episode 8 of Build or Bust: Kick Start John Hot rod builder John Schiess.

Same John Scheiss that used to drive for DeFrank? Last I saw him was a lifetime ago, he had just been on "Build or Bust" 😁

Last edited:

3queens

Detachable Member
Reaction score
you make wheels?

what lawsuit regarding the bar? Im
Always interested in hearing about that because I plan to open a bar someday.

if i recall something in the lines of not paying royalty for Ass monkey name on merch sold at bar and not paying to have the name on the bar

Your ad here

Reaction score
If he was on a contract for 10 years I bet he's ready for it to end. I liked the show all the way through but I missed the last 2 years. It was good with Aaron. When Aaron left it was something the show needed. Not that Aaron was bad but the builds were getting boring. After Aaron the show focused on hot rodding cars and trucks. I thought the GMG vs. Street Outlaws was entertaining. RR said it himself he shouldn't race because he doesn't have the license, experience, and will crash. All stuff Big Chief would agree with but he still whined and cried all the way to the end. I recently started watching RoadKill and all the RoadKill spin offs and really like that show as all the shit that happens I can relate and they are true hot rod guys. The Crusher Impala is my favorite car.

PlanB

Reaction score
I think you are talking about Car Kings (Galpin Motors). That was a good show.

Yeah, sounds like Car Kings. I have a friend that was a regular on the show. Probably knows some others on this board as well. It was a good show!

PlanB

Reaction score
Beau is a dipshit. All he ever wanted was to be on tv. Doesn't give a shit or know about cars.

That's not who I am talking about. The guy I know was the one that did most of the custom paint work on the show. He is a North San Diego County guy that has been doing custom paint for a long time. Don't anything about Beau, but I thought the show pretty good.

Last edited:

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Beau is a dipshit. All he ever wanted was to be on tv. Doesn't give a shit or know about cars.
Well he owns Galpin so.... he dont care. Lol!

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
John still has the shop in Chatsworth. He’s pretty much pick and choosing his builds, mostly only completes. Got married again and moved to Simi.
@monkeyswrench how do you know John?

Last edited:

boatpi

Reaction score
Budnik wheels I believe is owned by a guy that lives about two blocks from my Huntington Beach house. He spent like two years expanding and redoing his house met him a few times very cool guy he has an interesting car is in his garage now and then. It’s the same guy is to see him all the time but now I’m in Vegas most the time so I haven’t had contact in probably a year. Very much a car guy we had some good chats.

Magic Mike

Reaction score
I sold Richard a Model A a while back, he was nice and kept his word.
I really like Kindig, Iron resurrection and Texas metal. Even though things aren’t always done to my style or taste, those guys are all super talented.

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
Budnik wheels I believe is owned by a guy that lives about two blocks from my Huntington Beach house. He spent like two years expanding and redoing his house met him a few times very cool guy he has an interesting car is in his garage now and then. It’s the same guy is to see him all the time but now I’m in Vegas most the time so I haven’t had contact in probably a year. Very much a car guy we had some good chats.

His name is Alan Budnik and is a super nice guy.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
good to know.

John still has the shop in Chatsworth. He’s pretty much pick and choosing his builds, mostly only completes. Got married again and moved to Simi.
Monkey how do you know John?

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
That's not who I am talking about. The guy I know was the one that did most of the custom paint work on the show. He is a North San Diego County guy that has been doing custom paint for a long time. Don't anything about Beau, but I thought the show pretty good.
Your talking about Pete "hotdog"?

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk