Fatality on 95 just S of havasu

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Motorhome and a sedan had a head on. :(

IMG_2454.png

CoronaChris

Reaction score
I learned my lesson on that highway a few weeks ago. I went to pass a pick-up truck towing a trailer that was doing 50mph (felt like I could run faster) and car coming the opposite direction came out of nowhere. Fucking things change in an instant, 100 percent my fault had to hit the brakes hard and fall back in line. I will never do that again, just turn on some good music , have patience and wait for a passing lane. Just like outdrive1 said everyone will be at the first red light in town. Not worth it.

Lucky Larry

Reaction score
Very sad. That road is now busy all day every day.

I had to drive it the other day & hit torrential downpours both ways. 😖 Of course it was clear and dry while in Havasu.

There are so many idiots on the roads anymore.

“Mrs.”

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Mile north of McCulloch? News Herald strikes again. An apparent head on, involving a north bound motor home towing a flatbed. But NH didn’t know what direction the other car was headed?

Boat 405

Reaction score
Ok so to be specific. It was a pursuit of a suspect which was evading police and involved in an on going pursuit. I'd say buy that guy a new Motorhome. He just inadvertently saved the taxpayers $$$.

Taboma

Reaction score
A fear of mine for sure.
We have a 37’ pusher. Not too stout in front. Granted we’re taller than a car but a lot less protection without engine in front.
Always wondered, do those have airbags or any form of driver or passenger protection besides belts, if being worn at all ?

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
Always wondered, do those have airbags or any form of driver or passenger protection besides belts, if being worn at all ?
I think the hope is that the driver flies through the windshield and skids to a stop safely on their hemorrhoid cushion which was firmly clenched to their ass before departure from said motorhome

boatpi

Reaction score
CA and AZ have Le agreements, both can act as Le in either state within 50 miles I believe.

Good Stuff

Reaction score
I didn’t even realize that you could take McCulloch through Sara park but I’m glad you can. I was stuck trying to get home to CA and they had the 95 closed from that intersection to Sara Park. Glad to see the people in the motorhome are relatively ok after the collision.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score

It pretty much removes your legs like you’re Lieutenant Dan lol

That was the big reason I sold my class A and went with an RV that is front crash tested.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Details on this one are fucking wild.

From what I read he was rolled, then they decided not to pursue, then contacted again.. then slow speed pursuit.. From what it sounded like it didn't even seem like he was trying to get away on the 95.. Rather just decided to turn left into a motorhome.

Which is one of the most terrifying things to me because we all know those aren't exactly built for safety.. and the kids in the back etc.. aren't wearing seatbelts etc.. :(

I hope everyone in the motorhome came through ok.

RD

BajaT

Reaction score
Just tow the motorhome another 1/2 mile and leave it by the other gutted one out there in the desert.

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Just tow the motorhome another 1/2 mile and leave it by the other gutted one out there in the desert.
They're clearing that out, no more camping across from Sara Park. Not sure how far they'll be posting no camping, maybe to Campbells?

81Sprint

Reaction score
That's one reason I would lean more toward a Super C. Semi style crash protection in front, Class A's seem like a death trap in a serious collision.

Orange Juice

Reaction score
They allow camping during winterblast. It’s the folks who don’t leave for moths that need to go.
The rule was 7 days and then you have to move. They are not enforcing that rule.
Life would be easier if they just enforced the rules on the books bs making new one.

There’s no money in clearing them out in the winter months. All those people are living off Social Security, or some type of fixed income.

Just because you build a multi-million house in the middle of the desert, does mean you have enough money to evict its winter residence.

There’s not enough LE or court system to handle that mess. Pick your battles😉

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Cleanin it it for this weeks show?
Some of the residents were complaining that people were actually camping only a few yards from their property, also too much junk accumulating. They way I read the article, a certain area would be closed to all camping, not even sure if they were going let people in for the fireworks.🤷‍♂️

monkeyswrench

To The Rescue!
Reaction score
In terms of safety of a Class A vs others, I think it depends on the instance. A normal passenger car or light duty truck would impact pretty square on the frame. A bigger, i.e. commercial vehicle, would end you though. Having been around Freightliner M2's in wrecks, they also do great against small stuff, but the steering columns get tight and the motors go vertical. The biggest scare factor I see with all coaches, what the boxes do when they leave the road...worse yet, roll.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
Some of the residents were complaining that people were actually camping only a few yards from their property, also too much junk accumulating. They way I read the article, a certain area would be closed to all camping, not even sure if they were going let people in for the fireworks.🤷‍♂️
I read no camping during fireworks. I may go shooting today and will look.

TonyFanelli

Reaction score
They are not enforcing that rule.
Life would be easier if they just enforced the rules on the books bs making new one.
Hell Yea, It'd be nice if they enforced every stupid rule/law that some of these dipshits come up with... texting while driving is just 1 example!!