WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

How to Drive a boat with RD (non pg)

Nordie

Reaction score
I think basic knots is a good idea too...nothing like someone tying a hatchet knot that cannot be untied.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Do they want you to ash in the boat? LOL

RD
Oh they're fine with flicking ashes over the side but heaven forbid you throw that filter in ocean. I actually agree now that I've become more enlightened on ocean polution but 20 years ago folks were finishing the cigs and tearing the filters in half and chucking into ocean telling me that way the thing soaks and drops to the ocean floor. So much awareness on all this now I imagine you guys want that river clean.

QC22

Landing Loser
Reaction score
I think basic knots is a good idea too...nothing like someone tying a hatchet knot that cannot be untied.
I was worried about RD's comment about a knot that won't come out after towing. Every boater needs to know how to tie a bowline and a clove hitch. Cleat hitch as well. And a Flemish Flake for that matter... gotta look cool doing it!

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
As long as you have a cig in your hand I'm happy. I saw you place what I thought was a lit one down on that pontoon dash and thought, That dudes got an ashtray and then I looked closer and naw I think you have some special technique you'll need to share. I twist em out over the side and chuck the filter in empty cans personally. Folks get amped up fast when they see my arm going over the side .... I tell em to relax.... bitchezzzzzzzzzz
I’d relax if people smoked on a boat and didn’t hold the lit cig right next to the fuel vent. Boats aren’t cars. I now make those folks smoke it out on the swim platform. I’ll wait for them to finish.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I'm glad you guys liked the videos.. When I get another boat or out in a boat for a day we will make more of them on various topics, and single engine ones etc..

I'll also make a PG version for the kiddos. These were just something that we did one morning in between shooting for a regatta.

RD