I love Southern California.

Albert

Reaction score
Yosemite , Calif
1703712228258.png

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Video from Tuesday…..“The weather”.….You guys lie like a rug…..

It was pouring cats & dogs on Tuesday in CA!!!! Almost hard no visibility and just about pulled over to save the lives of myself and everyone around me. 🤪 🤪 🤪

View attachment 1315539
What do mean “Lie like a rug”🤷😛 Rain is awesome here. It’s a small part of the weather tax that we pay. 👍😂

Smitty7

Reaction score
Never been to California .What is Escondido like ?. Knew somebody that lived there.

Taboma

Reaction score
Never been to California .What is Escondido like ?. Knew somebody that lived there.
Lived here rather rural the past 34 years, never a single problem* (note asterisk, I'll be back to that), so we dig it big time.
Like anywhere "location, location, location" --- Also if we're talking weather, there's assorted micro-climates depending on elevation. We're up 700', so more temperate, with cooler summer temps and warmer winter, rarely getting frost when down below, they are.
Local demographics down in the City of Escondido proper, is more hispanic, with great food opportunities. As you move out and more rural, then it's predominantly more white and or republican voters. Some areas agricultural, some more commercial and industrial. 20 minutes or so to the Beach, or go east and you're up into the foothills and mountains rather quickly.

Now to this * ---- As I wrote, we're rather rural, although can go from rural to the freeway easily and quickly. BUT, in the fall many areas are susceptible to wildfires, like us as an example, as a result home # 1 on this 3/4 burned and we're 13 years into it's much nicer replacement. This means that in certain areas obtaining and keeping your home owner's insurance is getting more challenging, again, depending on your more specific area and house type.
More, just ask 😁

Last edited:

DWC

Reaction score
I drove from LA to San Diego at 6am this morning, I had a 9am in Vista and a 1pm appointment in Chula Vista. I must have seen 30+ cars wadded up on the freeway, it was wild 🤣
Saw at least 6 from Chino to Orange this morning. Most of them just happened. No CHP/Fire on scene. Crazy morning

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
You would think just seeing one car get stuck would be enough! But nope 6 other idiots decided to follow! Reminds me of the people leaving ca for Arizona and Utah.

You are right, the ones at the top of the hill with the cops do remind me of the smart people that left... and the rest are still stuck in the shit :p

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
I'm happy for all of you who escaped this hell hole. The bums and feces are everywhere and there's really no escaping it.

DSC07771.JPG

DSC05419.JPG

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
Man it’s been a beautiful weekend. Temps in the low 80’s. Slight breeze.

Went to Santa Anita yesterday with a bunch of friends to bet the ponies. Just perfect.

IMG_9495.jpeg
IMG_9496.jpeg

Got my son’s family birthday get together today. It’s so nice outside. Going to grill some carne asada and chicken for tacos. Doesn’t get any better than this.

1706462021192.jpeg

1706461827976.png