Outlaw Nationals?

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
tm4.JPG

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
So the races and the outlaw nationals happen on the same weekend.. point in fact on the same day at the same time.

The years I have gone in the past it seemed like there was a ton more people spectating at the bars (Fox's and Sundance) then I had ever seen down at the Bluewater. I missed it this year while it was at Pirates (I think this is the first year for it at Pirates?) but I heard it was packed from a few friends that were there.

Why is it this is so much of a larger draw than the actual races? Is it better promotion by Tony and crew? Or is it the people like the show boats more than the race boats?

I don't know the ins and outs behind the scenes of this event.. but I think people just kinda go out one at a time and make some passes. Is it just the laid back kinda vibe of the whole thing where there isn't a schedule?

I would wager this being on the same weekend as the races is probably putting a pretty big hurting on the circles.

Which on a second note.. Didn't Tony used to drive in the circles? I'm assuming he's over that now because he's doing this.. anyone know why?

RD

pixrthis

Reaction score
So the races and the outlaw nationals happen on the same weekend.. point in fact on the same day at the same time.

The years I have gone in the past it seemed like there was a ton more people spectating at the bars (Fox's and Sundance) then I had ever seen down at the Bluewater. I missed it this year while it was at Pirates (I think this is the first year for it at Pirates?) but I heard it was packed from a few friends that were there.

Why is it this is so much of a larger draw than the actual races? Is it better promotion by Tony and crew? Or is it the people like the show boats more than the race boats?

I don't know the ins and outs behind the scenes of this event.. but I think people just kinda go out one at a time and make some passes. Is it just the laid back kinda vibe of the whole thing where there isn't a schedule?

I would wager this being on the same weekend as the races is probably putting a pretty big hurting on the circles.

Which on a second note.. Didn't Tony used to drive in the circles? I'm assuming he's over that now because he's doing this.. anyone know why?

RD
All good questions. I like the way Tony promotes, I mean doesn’t promote this as a non event that won’t have cool boats not doing cool boat things.

RaceTec

Reaction score

RD
I think it is promotion and format. I would guess that more people want to go to a bar and watch people make passes while drinking a bloody or a beer than sit and watch the race format? The way it was done at Sundance was awesome, the show and shine and then the runs was great. There was drinks and music, it is just a great format. I wish they could get them both together to promote the racing more instead of competing...

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
Joe average and his SO don’t know from nothing at the races. It’s busy and business like. Like at the enduro there was a group that had no clue. I was informing them with little bits that made it more interesting for them. “ That guys 70 years old driving that boat, that’s a woman, that boats 60 years old etc.” They enjoyed that.
Pirates same people can be, “ that’s pretty, how fast is it, what’s the thing on back for, let’s get a drink, look at that dog, how fast was he going, is that safe, etc.
I was surprised at pirates. The October show Laurie used to do was off the hook with hot rods also.

77charger

Reaction score

RD
I went to pirates as it was more of a hang out and watch hits make passes type. Ran into some I hadn’t seen In a while too.

I’m not much into circle boat races either but prefer the atmosphere of the outlaw deal too.