WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Roadrunner!😪

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
My wife does not do docks so beaching the boat is necessary when she's on board. Last weekend when cruising the strip we slowed to check progress and noticed no real entrance to the Bar from the beach without walking by that new tiny house and around the pool. I wonder if that is the finished plan?

EarpRider

Reaction score
My wife does not do docks so beaching the boat is necessary when she's on board. Last weekend when cruising the strip we slowed to check progress and noticed no real entrance to the Bar from the beach without walking by that new tiny house and around the pool. I wonder if that is the finished plan?
Still a decent amount of beach, and stairs from the beach go straight to the pool deck.
Screenshot_20240104-180013_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20240104-180044_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20240104-180141_Facebook.jpg

boatnam2

Reaction score
I think the lhe place looks killer, pretty sure it will still feel the same once you step on the dock, never sit in my boat and admired how nice it was, it was about being there.

Last edited:

ChrisV

Reaction score
I wish that Fox's and RR had better places to park the boat, I can't tie up and watch my boat get thrashed by all the wakes.
Doesn’t help when there’s a shit load of people watching you too.

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
If your nervous that people are watching you dock and tie up your boat ... there's a good chance you shouldn't be doing it. Sorry.

Fully Gated.

Well have to see how that's handled. In CA all pool gates are to be kept locked from the outside.

IMG_8390.jpg

old rigger

Reaction score
I think the lhe place looks killer, pretty sure it will still feel the same once you step on the dock, never sit in my boat and admired how nice it was, it was about being there.

I think it looks great too. Glad they're gonna open up after all the bullshit speculation that was going on. Plus, I don't want to be put in the position of having to re name this...the RoadRunner Runner.

IMG_3911.jpg

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
Doesn’t help when there’s a shit load of people watching you too.
About 10 years ago I had a black lab, always well behaved and a total river dog. Well she took an early leap for the dock as I was pulling up.
She didnt make it and fell between the boat and the dock. She was just eager to visit everybody. I actually had to push off to make room
between the hippity hops while others pulled her out. I bought allot of drinks for many folks that day

She had never done anything like that before so now with my Aussie, who could leap maybe 3x that distance easy, gets to stay seated until were tied up. Then he gets invited off the seat. Labs are simply crazy and we loved her for it.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

I’m not poking fun in anyway.. but what’s the story on the wife not going on docks?

That’s gotta be hell when your past time is boating?

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
I’m not poking fun in anyway.. but what’s the story on the wife not going on docks?

That’s gotta be hell when your past time is boating?
Well she's being left behind more and more.

She has a few medical issues and this messes with her balance. She walks with a cane and it goes on from there. The issue is getting worse as her health becomes more and more challenging. Just had surgery 3 weeks ago for something else. Now hopefully we can work on the balance issue.

Two of her three sisters have the same issues...totally hereditary.

4Waters

Reaction score
Well she's being left behind more and more.

She has a few medical issues and this messes with her balance. She walks with a cane and it goes on from there. The issue is getting worse as her health becomes more and more challenging. Just had surgery 3 weeks ago for something else. Now hopefully we can work on the balance issue.

Two of her three sisters have the same issues...totally hereditary.
That's crazy, hoping the recent surgery get her going in the right direction.

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
That's crazy, hoping the recent surgery get her going in the right direction.

Apricated. I am definitely not ready to be a care giver and she understands this but for some weird reason seems to be settling for it.

My Adult kids see it also.

clarence

Reaction score
I am definitely not ready to be a care giver and she understands this but for some weird reason seems to be settling for it.

Don't let her underestimate what strength training can do.

The Barbell Prescription: Strength Training for Life After 40 directly addresses the most pervasive problem faced by aging humans: the loss of physical strength and all its associated problems - the loss of muscle mass, bone mineral loss and osteoporosis, hip fractures (a terminal event for many older people), loss of balance and coordination, diabetes, heart disease related to a sedentary lifestyle, and the loss of independence.

The worst advice an older person ever gets is, Take it easy. Easy makes you soft, and soft makes you dead. The Barbell Prescription maps an escape from the usual fate of older adults: a logical, programmed approach to the hard work necessary to win at the extreme sport of Aging Well. Unlike all other books on the subject of exercise for seniors, The Barbell Prescription challenges the motivated Athlete of Aging with a no-nonsense training approach to strength and health - and demonstrates that everybody can become significantly stronger using the most effective tools ever developed for the job.

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
I dunno, I hope I'm wrong. It just seems part of the sales pitch for the bungalows would be private beach. I'd be annoyed if I had a private bungalow and the beach was filled with boats and I couldn't use it...
Are the beaches private property or public if you own the land behind it?

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I dunno, I hope I'm wrong. It just seems part of the sales pitch for the bungalows would be private beach. I'd be annoyed if I had a private bungalow and the beach was filled with boats and I couldn't use it...

This is Exactly how Big Bend has become...

The Owners Beach is infested with campers, and the dock is for bar patrons only now. (Can't leave any boats tied up overnight).

Solution?

Chose your trip dates wisely...

20231012_144337.jpg
20231012_135610.jpg
20231012_133814.jpg
20231011_175754.jpg

pkrrvr619

Reaction score

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
This place any good? Ive only gotten gas here....
Food was ok. Typical river food. Roadrunner was always the best “on” the river IMO. Especially breakfast. Except for the steak house at blue water. Bar No so good. Fake mixed drinks. Just beer and claws.

JFMFG

Reaction score
I have no clue. I'm just a keyboard warrior watching the Parker Strip that I grew up on change. From my desk it is not for the better.....
I’m part of the younger crowd here and love Parker how it is. Id hate to see fox’s go or any of the bars left go. It’s definitely a stop for us every time we boat the strip.

hallett21

Reaction score
I have no clue. I'm just a keyboard warrior watching the Parker Strip that I grew up on change. From my desk it is not for the better.....
I’m part of the younger crowd here and love Parker how it is. Id hate to see fox’s go or any of the bars left go. It’s definitely a stop for us every time we boat the strip.
There’s something special about the Parker Bars. They’ve stayed just “dive” enough while still pouring a stiff cocktail and giving you great service.

There’s nothing wrong with cleaning up the venue but it’s certainly a delicate dance.

Havasu for some reason cannot figure out that hospitality. It’s one thing to go all in and become Miami but that clearly isn’t happening.

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
I completely agree with you though. If I purchased a 450k tiny home I would want to use the beach and not have it filled with boats.

Hammer

Reaction score
There’s something special about the Parker Bars. They’ve stayed just “dive” enough while still pouring a stiff cocktail and giving you great service.

There’s nothing wrong with cleaning up the venue but it’s certainly a delicate dance.

Havasu for some reason cannot figure out that hospitality. It’s one thing to go all in and become Miami but that clearly isn’t happening.

I agree with both of you.

95% of my boat rides in Parker where to grab a drink and maybe some food and shoot the shit with my bartender friends.... I'd like to see the same vibe with a few new studs and plywood. RR was falling apart last time I was there. It needed a major facelift. But turning it into a Tiki Cabana bar isn't what I go to Parker for...

Hopefully it's still a great place to grab a drink and watch some flyby's. The staff was really what made the place great... Not so much the decor... I'm gonna have to take a trip once it's finished and see. Fingers crossed.

Singleton

Reaction score
They own from the high water line.
Same applies in Havasu

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
This place any good? Ive only gotten gas here....

Are you asking about the food?

If so, it's not bad at all. It's fast food, so yeah, it's not gonna win any Michelin stars anytime soon! 😜

If you order a pizza, Never order a large. For some reason, they don't cook quite right. Get two smaller size pizza's instead.

They don't have a Full alcohol license, just beer and wine, but they make a killer bloody Mary with some Krazy vodka wine they have there. I almost always have one with breakfast.

👍🏼

Boatymcboatface

Reaction score
Are you asking about the food?

If so, it's not bad at all. It's fast food, so yeah, it's not gonna win any Michelin stars anytime soon! 😜

If you order a pizza, Never order a large. For some reason, they don't cook quite right. Get two smaller size pizza's instead.

They don't have a Full alcohol license, just beer and wine, but they make a killer bloody Mary with some Krazy vodka wine they have there. I almost always have one with breakfast.

👍🏼
Best advice you can give about the pizza. We always get 2 medium pizzas and let the kids go to town in the arcade while we wait.

Lucky Larry

Reaction score
Not my pic , I left my phone at home.

Don’t want to be a negative Nelly but this ought to be interesting. The section on the left is close to water level, compared to the right side. How low will it go with people in there? Not to mention that area isn’t very wide for tying off & unloading/loading a boat.

And, although not yet set in place, bar equipment makes it look cluttered inside. We didn’t go in so could be an optical delusion.

Positive is it looks like bar stools /patrons will face the water.

“Mrs.”

IMG_5809.png
IMG_5814.jpeg

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

Don’t want to be a negative Nelly but this ought to be interesting. The section on the left is close to water level, compared to the right side. How low will it go with people in there? Not to mention that area isn’t very wide for tying off & unloading/loading a boat.

And, although not yet set in place, bar equipment makes it look cluttered inside. We didn’t go in so could be an optical delusion.

“Mrs.”

View attachment 1334034 View attachment 1334038

They are just trying to duplicate the old one. 👍🏼😜

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Those rollers should made it interesting when they came in. Good thing the boats tied up along the front there usually took most of the beating instead of the bar. lol!

I remember the OG Sundance floating bar, and my feet being in the water on the dance floor! 😱

That place wouldn't last 5 min with today's dock crusher boats.

And you're right. Hopefully they will get this addressed, or it's not gonna last long either.

cofooter

Reaction score

“Mrs.”

View attachment 1334034 View attachment 1334038
I've thought from day 1 it had very low freeboard even before the structure went up, your pictures make it look even lower now. I read they were delayed a bit in the building of the docks for some engineering / permitting reasons. Hope it works out for them and it lasts..............