WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Speed UTV take 3

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
If I had seen those pictures +15 years ago I would never have purchased it from you! :p
I wouldn’t sweat it.
Dave himself has told us that unless your stories start with “Last Friday” your a dinosaur that needs pushed out on an ice float to die an indignant death.

I guess that only applies to us “fucking idiots”, and not those who’s life experiences are obviously more valid than any one else’s?

IMG_4468.jpeg

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
I wouldn’t sweat it.
Dave himself has told us that unless your stories start with “Last Friday” your a dinosaur that needs pushed out on an ice float to die an indignant death.

I guess that only applies to us “fucking idiots”, and not those who’s life experiences are obviously more valid than any one else’s?

View attachment 1364887
WTF is RD spewing? Sounds like he is a little unhinged but I think he is pretty busy with DS shit. Maybe thats it?

;)

NIKAL

Reaction score
My friend has a 4 seater fully loaded whatever the top model is, even did the big brake kit and eibach springs added, 48 month warranty, its got like 200 miles I think. He will take 55K right now for it. It’s available to pickup in Orange County right now. Lemme know if anyone is SERIOUS and I’ll get all the specs. He paid 56K for it so hes not trying to make any $$.
Come on Fish, you know the name of the top model. So did you drive your friends Speed? I know you have saying you want to drive one. Sounds like that was your opportunity.

Fishd00d

Reaction score
Come on Fish, you know the name of the top model. So did you drive your friends Speed? I know you have saying you want to drive one. Sounds like that was your opportunity.
I dont honestly know what the top model is. Is it an RG? I get confused on whats what. No I was not with it in the dirt, its at the PCI shop to build some brackets off and he doesnt want it back he wants it sold instead.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
I dont honestly know what the top model is. Is it an RG? I get confused on whats what. No I was not with it in the dirt, its at the PCI shop to build some brackets off and he doesnt want it back he wants it sold instead.
Yes RG is the top dog

The LE is the middle package but can be equipped to RG levels

Base isn’t even offered right now

All the trims are available in the below models (except base)

El jefe is 4 seater
El Diablo is long wheel base 2 seater
Bandit is short wheelbase 2 seater

sandshark1

Reaction score
WRONG, I've had mine on in 75 degree weather, no problem
I think you are the first person I read about using the windshield in those temps with no issues. Were you able to do a 50 or more mile ride in those temps with windshield?

stonehenge

Reaction score
I think you are the first person I read about using the windshield in those temps with no issues. Were you able to do a 50 or more mile ride in those temps with windshield?
The few in our group have trouble running their windshields in the dunes in any weather. Even on short runs in the big dunes.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
The few in our group have trouble running their windshields in the dunes in any weather. Even on short runs in the big dunes.

To be fair, no SxS belong in the dunes. The power to weight ratio is bassackwards for the sand!

And yeah, I know...

There are thousands of em out there in G. 🙄

sandshark1

Reaction score

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
How many of those rail owners with 1600hp actual dune? Not many. They like to go to the drags, Olds, or the Swingset.

So like the boaters that just hang out in the channel all day? 😁

Let's face it, the big dawgs probably spend more time in St Anthony's than Glamis. 😎

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Dave remind me how many motors and turbos your car has been through? How many miles do you have again? And last how many time has it been to speed for fixes?

That’s right STFU, you know my shit is far from stock. You know I routinely do 3500 plus miles a season. Your car wouldn’t even make to the first gas stop on the first day.

Btw still on stock motor and trans, still on stock turbo but did upgrade to a billet compressor wheel.

You are right I don’t own a car or have any interest in owning a car.

Last question where is your boat? After all you are the leader of a BOATING forum. If the prerequisite is to own a speed car to post in this thread then you cant post in the forum cuz you don’t own a boat.

Here we go! lol.

I put an aftermarket turbo in the car upon hearing that others were having low boost issues. I had Jake drive the car to my house (about seven miles). Robby asked me if I put an aftermarket turbo in it I told him I did. He said it’s gonna void your warranty if ya don’t change it to a factory speed one and he would do it free of charge. I was in a hurry to get it done because of desert bash, so I went and picked up the replacement factory turbo and had it installed by Eric Barker. (Approximately ten miles). So I have an aftermarket turbo sitting on my shop shelf with 17 miles
On it).

I had the windshield on and it got hot and blew a head gasket.. speed replaced the engine shortly after it happened at a total cost of zero.

The car with the exception of the rear window I had installed at the desert storm street fair in the am is 100% stock.

At some point I’ll pull the windows out of it for summer.. but I’m hoping the rear window helps as much as people are saying it does in terms of having the front windshield in.

The car ran desert bash flawlessly as well as many other trips, until I made an owner derived decision to leave the windshield in it when I knew it was going to be hot in the afternoon. (it was freezing in the morning).

Everything posted in this thread is all hearsay etc.. like I said earlier my car is sitting right here.. if anyone wants to go tonight I’m game. Car runs bitchen.

On the boat front I have three right now.. albeit their a bit small lol

When I find the right one I’ll buy it.

RD

Last edited:

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Max Gordon fastest in NORRA qualifying so far.

Looked like @Fishd00d flopped on his side during qualifying. Hope the car is okay. I only caught a small glimpse of the Monster Energy sponsor so maybe it wasn’t him.

EDIT: It was not @Fishd00d that rolled.

Last edited:

Albacore

Reaction score
He’s driving one of the hand built Diablos and he ended up taking first. They had a timing issue. They said with the person that was ahead of him. Robbie was like seven seconds back in a stock bandit.

Fishd00d

Reaction score
Qualifying went good! After seeing a few cars crash early we really just decided to take it easy. Its a 6 day race. We ended up 14th out of 50 that qualified and 70 total in the race. Max is nuts, thats such a high risk move but good for him pulling it off! Lets see how it goes over the next 1300 miles!

Here is tracking link the race:

Here is a link to our incar cameras which will be live for the next 6 days! We go off the line at 10:42 today for day 1:

riverroyal

Reaction score
Thanks for the link. Looks like a big group stayed at Estero. Bikes are running already.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Qualifying went good! After seeing a few cars crash early we really just decided to take it easy. Its a 6 day race. We ended up 14th out of 50 that qualified and 70 total in the race. Max is nuts, thats such a high risk move but good for him pulling it off! Lets see how it goes over the next 1300 miles!

Here is a link to our incar cameras which will be live for the next 6 days! We go off the line at 10:42 today for day 1:

Max has a huge support team. Nothing worse than wrenching on the car all night because you broke it in qualifying. If I had Max’s support team I’d huck the fuck out of that car too lol

Good luck today dude. Nerf RG if you get the opportunity. Wish I was there racing.

It’s going to be an exhausting week of racing but so fun, I’m jealous.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

Nice timing. I'm just sitting down for breakfast! 👍🏼😁

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Max is nuts 😲

Nuts? No. Lucky? Absolutely.

Fishd00d

Reaction score
Awesome day today. We finished 6th in class and 26th overall out of 270 or something. Passed Max broken with a power steering pump and Robby pulled over with a blown belt. I think Robby was the highest finisher in a speed but dont know his position.

Long way to go! San Felipe to Bay Of LA tomorrow!!

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Awesome day today. We finished 6th in class and 26th overall out of 270 or something. Passed Max broken with a power steering pump and Robby pulled over with a blown belt. I think Robby was the highest finisher in a speed but dont know his position.

Long way to go! San Felipe to Bay Of LA tomorrow!!

Well done. Congrats! 🥳

Singleton

Reaction score
word on the street is speed might not have enough belts to finish the race for all the cars. They are now limiting how many each car gets.

several cars have had belt issues. its only day 1 lol
That is just bad planning.
Belts can be overnighted to the next city, you just have to pay

sandshark1

Reaction score
I saw on FB that one pay to play racer for speed said they went through 20 belts in the first day for all the speed entries. Again this is hearsay so take it lightly I don’t want to ruffle feathers.
The first stage was 200 or so mile? That is a belt about ever 10 miles. How is that even possible?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
The first stage was 200 or so mile? That is a belt about ever 10 miles. How is that even possible?

Highly unlikely.. I have over six hundred miles in my speed belt (changed from the factory Chinese one)

RD

Reactions: DWC

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score

The comment was 20 belts spread over ALL Speed car entries.
I thought I read there was roughly 20 Speed cars racing.
If so, that seems plausible.