Stolen 32 Schiada. "Stars and Stripes"

TonyFanelli

Reaction score
Worker said boat was there a week ago.
Screenshot_20240402_131649_Maps.jpg

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Bummer.

Now I’m curious why this new member account bumped the thread thou.
Well I did share the original pic on Google lens and the first reply was this thread and the boat pic.

hallett21

Reaction score
Any chance there’s a shop up or down the street with cameras?
Well if it’s still stolen the insurance that paid out would really like to speak with the tenant and owner of that building
At what point do they let it go as a loss? I guess getting it back and selling at auction helps recoup some costs. But by the time you pay a tow truck to get it, store it etc is there any money left?

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Any chance there’s a shop up or down the street with cameras?
I spoke with workers at Carney Engineering that is next to the 18816 address. They have cameras but only face their yard/equipment. No other cameras were visible to me. There are 2 residential buildings across the street but neither one has cameras.

69hondo

Reaction score
Through it out there on social media. If its going down the road some where it will be seen.

TonyFanelli

Reaction score
You can bet they were tipped off RD...fukin sucks...
😡 the mystery continues...one of the pics shows AZ numbers on it, could someone just have put them on? I guess they could've until somebody actually looked em up...can't make em out tho
Screenshot_20240402_140229_DuckDuckGo.jpg

traquer

Reaction score
Could have also been a legitimate owner who bought it at auction and is a member here, and didn't wanna deal with someone "repoing" it? If that's the case, I'm sure he'll chime in soon enough. If not, than who knows. Maybe insurance fraud and it's coming back to bite him?

Something smells fishy.

boatpi

Reaction score
I don’t have access to him check but vin yes.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Inside or outside and how far?
After sitting for so long they may have said f it and dumped it somewhere before they were caught with it. Seems they got word pretty quick.
This is a highly congested area right next to the Cerritos Mall, right off South Street just west of Pioneer Blvd. You could tell they moved it away from the wall to air up the tires. I drove around the area but pretty nice everywhere close. 605 frwy is about 1/4 mile to the west.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Maybe an inside job. Owner reported his boat stolen got paid out. Started using boat again figured he was in the clear as he could just tell everyone he got his boat back🤷🏼‍♂️

Cray Paper

Reaction score
CLdrinker, I hope that isn't the case. Been up close and personal with that "type" of people when I was a lot younger. From what I have read, this doesn't fit the scenario from "that" type of crowd. I hope the boat is recovered, from an outsider looking in knowing if the owners insurance paid it off would help us outside observers form speculative decisions :)

I hope the boat is recovered, all who participated in the theft are prosecuted and spend time in jail and the boat is brought back to it's previous glory.

JFMFG

Reaction score
So is the new member @Leadfootracing in the wind now? Anybody know this person by chance? Seems some very interesting circumstances here to say the least.
Not sure if leadfoot racing is the same as Josh at leadfoot off-road. If it is Josh has done some work on a few of my vehicles and is an avid havasu boater I sure hope it’s not the same people if this is the case.

JayBreww

Reaction score
Not sure if leadfoot racing is the same as Josh at leadfoot off-road. If it is Josh has done some work on a few of my vehicles and is an avid havasu boater I sure hope it’s not the same people if this is the case.
I believe there’s a street racer with the same name?

Good Stuff

Reaction score
He said his name was Landon in the follow up post so probably not.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
People really shouldn’t say things like this..
True but that could be said for many of the posts made in your platform.

I mean at this point we have people going to this property to question a possible rightful owner.

I’m just trying to wrap my head around how a thief keeps the evidence in plain sight for years without being busted.

Then a random person bumps this thread and all of sudden it’s gone again.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
True but that could be said for many of the posts made in your platform.

I mean at this point we have people going to this property to question a possible rightful owner.

I’m just trying to wrap my head around how a thief keeps the evidence in plain sight for years without being busted.

Then a random person bumps this thread and all of sudden it’s gone again.

Well the owner and Lee are pursuing it with the cops so.. I believe their game plan is to try and track down the property owner and go from there.

I just don’t think it’s right to say things like that.. I remember when that MTI with Boostpower motors burned up out here and a bunch of people said it was insurance fraud, like to the point they were certain about it. The guy literally just bought a private island before the week before.. He could give two shits about the value of that boat.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Well the owner and Lee are pursuing it with the cops so.. I believe their game plan is to try and track down the property owner and go from there.

I just don’t think it’s right to say things like that.. I remember when that MTI with Boostpower motors burned up out here and a bunch of people said it was insurance fraud, like to the point they were certain about it. The guy literally just bought a private island before the week before.. He could give two shits about the value of that boat.
Good hopefully they figure it out.

attitude

Reaction score

The owner as in the person it was stolen from or as in the insurance company that would now own it?

OC Mike

Reaction score

Dave, Check your PM,s.

attitude

Reaction score
How do you know it was insured?

If it was. Owner has no claim. I found one years ago. Insurance had paid out and could care less about it as it was years later.
I don’t, but that is a lot of boat to not have insurance on.

The original owner could always buy it back from insurance if it was recovered.

oldschool

Reaction score
I had something kind of in the realm happen with my old Hallett. Years ago I bought the boat from a guy who bought at a Sheriff’s auction. Boat and trailer had all the paper work and had a temporary vin. A couple years after I had it we were coming back from the lake and stopped for gas and some dude comes over and starts looking at the boat and asking a bunch of questions about the turbo setup. After 10 minutes of bullshitting he says “ This used to be my boat and it was stolen, I want it back”. To which I politely told him to fuck right off. Somehow the guy ends up with my home address and starts sending fake attorney letters telling me to give the boat back, again Fuck off. Turns out, he worked at Cole Boats and “owned” it, regelled it and made it an open bow. Then it was “stolen” and insurance paid it out. I’m sure it wasn’t just dumb luck that the guy randomly ran across “his” old boat 3 hours away from where he lived.