WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Want a killer tv in your backyard ?

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
So have a new adventure, actually same stuff but just different idea,
Video trucks like Daves new one and the bigger ones have a market, but over the years ive had lots of requests for smaller screens for weddings, funerals, b days, sporting events,
tvs dont work outside or in direct sunlight but there are leds that do, so i'm going to see what kind of market there really is, also going to do permanent installations for backyards,
this screen is 5' x 8' so it will fit in back of pickup, ( not for driving around) but can also be ground supported, they can be rained on snowed on doesn't matter, go flat against a wall or even hung on a wall. its a modular system so can go as big as you want, ill have couple of them out at supercat.

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
tempImageKDSldh.png

tempImage3GQpQ4.png

JFMFG

Reaction score
Dan what is the price point. We have a 65” in our backyard and can only watch it at night. This would be key.

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
Dan what is the price point. We have a 65” in our backyard and can only watch it at night. This would be key.
To buy them All depends on the size you want and the resolution but it will never compare to how cheap tv's are nowadays, for example just the processor alone is $2k
The led panels are stupid so have to have a processor, for example the one in the back of my truck was $15k, a permanent backyard screen that size is going to be close to $10k every once in awhile i come across some great deals so price could be lower,

but never going to be sub $1k like tvs are. but these are also not disposable like tvs, if something breaks they are easy to repair

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
Not trying to jump Dans deal here. But they do make glare shields that work fairly well. I have one on my backyard tv and it made a big improvement. Slightly dulls it down but you can see it in the daylight.
Or breakdown and spend 4-5k for an outdoor tv. 🙄

hallett21

Reaction score
To buy them All depends on the size you want and the resolution but it will never compare to how cheap tv's are nowadays, for example just the processor alone is $2k
The led panels are stupid so have to have a processor, for example the one in the back of my truck was $15k, a permanent backyard screen that size is going to be close to $10k every once in awhile i come across some great deals so price could be lower,

but never going to be sub $1k like tvs are. but these are also not disposable like tvs, if something breaks they are easy to repair
Considering what your providing that price point seems very fair.

monkeyswrench

To The Rescue!
Reaction score
Dan, could you mount these on a rolling chassis? I remember these were kind of modular, so thinking something that could fold down for transport, say in a van or such, then be rolled through gates or doorways. High roller pool parties, social events or like said, trade show backdrops with galleries and such. Lease or rental programs.
Very cool, and really high tech.

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
Considering what your providing that price point seems very fair.
Dan, could you mount these on a rolling chassis? I remember these were kind of modular, so thinking something that could fold down for transport, say in a van or such, then be rolled through gates or doorways. High roller pool parties, social events or like said, trade show backdrops with galleries and such. Lease or rental programs.
Very cool, and really high tech.
The panels fit in two road cases so easy to transport, if i made it a rolling setup i would be to worried about damage, it took me less than an hour to build this, also remember this a 5' x 8' screen so lot bigger than any tv, and way brighter than the so called outdoor tv's. and yes they can be rented for short or long term

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Interested. But more for a back drop at trade shows.
This is how I would justify my purchase… And then wind up using it for a pool backdrop lol… Dan when I see you next let’s talk. If I don’t find a permanent house by the end of July in Cave Creek we’re going to stay in havasu till the oldest graduates .

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
They do make super bright weatherproof TV’s for outdoor use, just an FYI. They’re more expensive than a regular indoor model, but nowhere near that LED price range. I think the LED panel would only be an option for those looking to go massive - like the size of your truck bed

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
They do make super bright weatherproof TV’s for outdoor use, just an FYI. They’re more expensive than a regular indoor model, but nowhere near that LED price range. I think the LED panel would only be an option for those looking to go massive - like the size of your truck bed
Correct and that screen is about the minimum size i can do with led and still look good, like i said if you want a killer tv

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
This is how I would justify my purchase… And then wind up using it for a pool backdrop lol… Dan when I see you next let’s talk. If I don’t find a permanent house by the end of July in Cave Creek we’re going to stay in havasu till the oldest graduates .
That makes sense, one of the reasons that the panels i use are more expensive is they are in rental frames, if a permanent install it saves a lot of money since you don't have the cnc cut frames that have quick release latches etc

JFMFG

Reaction score
I honestly think this is a great idea and would suit a lot of peoples yards if you got back into something of this nature. Like you said these would be significantly bigger than any regular tv.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
One of these would really spice up the parents super bowl parties.

LuauLounge

Reaction score
Did an outdoor room with a 50” Sharp about 15 years ago. The TV is mounted on the East wall, the other sides are open. Put a roll down shade on the West side. Room is 16 x 16 and TV is watchable all day, need the shade when the sun is setting. Unfortunately, had a surprise shower that took out the TV.

boatpi

Reaction score
I use a light model Epson projector about six or $700. It’s insanely high-quality and a Chinese maid blowup air filled screen -16 feet, but they make them up to 18 feet as long as you don’t have high wind it works fabulous.

I have an old app for our system, and some speakers should put up towards the front literally a drive-in theater in your backyard

paradise

Spooner
Reaction score
I use a light model Epson projector about six or $700. It’s insanely high-quality and a Chinese maid blowup air filled screen -16 feet, but they make them up to 18 feet as long as you don’t have high wind it works fabulous.

I have an old app for our system, and some speakers should put up towards the front literally a drive-in theater in your backyard
Not even in the same realm as what Dan is proposing in this thread. Not crapping on the Amazon setup, but comparing that to a daylight visible LED wall is silly. 🤷‍♂️

boatpi

Reaction score
I get that there’s a lot less money we’ve used that set up many times. It goes up in like 10 minutes and it’s a lot of fun outside. You could put it anywhere and a lot of motorhome people do that.

hallett21

Reaction score
I’m picturing an outdoor entertainment/pool area where you built it into a wall of some sorts.

Play games in the middle of the day or movies at night.

DWC

Reaction score

Always wanted to do one of those. Would be be awesome for a summer pool party.