WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Who’s doing desert bash in two weeks?

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
yes i am also aware that i am cruising too just a higher speed. Pull over let me by its not hard. I give plenty of warning before a luv tap. I mean miles worth. If you cant find a place to pull over in 2-5 miles than you deserve it at the point. (this is the opinion of a fellow gun owner too)

Don’t tell him about the water cannon you carry in the car with you…

riverroyal

Reaction score
yes i am also aware that i am cruising too just a higher speed. Pull over let me by its not hard. I give plenty of warning before a luv tap. I mean miles worth. If you cant find a place to pull over in 2-5 miles than you deserve it at the point. (this is the opinion of a fellow gun owner too)
dude, if you dont move in a few miles your going to bump them? You understand these are insured. If you bump someone and cause damage then haul ass that is more or less hit and run. If the bumped person turns this into his insurance your screwed. But you do you....
For life of me I don't understand why the you even participate. Its not a race except for you. All this does its hurt the promotor, create unnecessary risk for you and the bumped.
My dad did this run with us a few years back. He rented a X3. He is 75 and if you bumped him he would hunt you down. If he couldn't find you he would hunt down the promotor. There are LOTS of SxS owners that would do the same. 100% he would call the cops, right or wrong he would involve them.
You love risks, these risks WILL fuck you up eventually.
Im not claiming to be smarter than you, but I am twice your age. With age comes better choices, lets hope you start making them at some point.
FYI we are not in event this year. Had to much going on, so no need to tailgate me, I wont be there.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
thats funny....I did laugh.

Seriously though, why come on here, a public forum of people doing this event and brag about lapping people and 'nerfing'. Ian is playing with fire.....it will burn soon.

What makes you think he is telling the truth? More than half the stuff posted here is an embellishment for entertainment.

Also who in their right mind gets tapped in the rear and their first response is to start firing their gun from their moving vehicle during a poker run? You talk about risk, and liability. Who is in the wrong there? Not the guy that tapped you from behind.

Both Ian and the lapped people will be fine.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
dude, if you dont move in a few miles your going to bump them? You understand these are insured. If you bump someone and cause damage then haul ass that is more or less hit and run. If the bumped person turns this into his insurance your screwed. But you do you....
For life of me I don't understand why the you even participate. Its not a race except for you. All this does its hurt the promotor, create unnecessary risk for you and the bumped.
My dad did this run with us a few years back. He rented a X3. He is 75 and if you bumped him he would hunt you down. If he couldn't find you he would hunt down the promotor. There are LOTS of SxS owners that would do the same. 100% he would call the cops, right or wrong he would involve them.
You love risks, these risks WILL fuck you up eventually.
Im not claiming to be smarter than you, but I am twice your age. With age comes better choices, lets hope you start making them at some point.
FYI we are not in event this year. Had to much going on, so no need to tailgate me, I wont be there.
Why is it so hard to move?

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
thats funny....I did laugh.

Seriously though, why come on here, a public forum of people doing this event and brag about lapping people and 'nerfing'. Ian is playing with fire.....it will burn soon.
From last years drivers meeting. 🤷‍♂️ ;)

8:30 AM (Arizona Time)All Vehicles must be at or through the start gate (Racing/ Driving recklessly will result in disqualification from the poker run)

riverroyal

Reaction score
Why is it so hard to move?
its not. 50% of the participants dont just move. They are not a expert like you and LOF. My point is, you're nuts.

LOF, nobody is shooting anyone, you know what I meant. Dont spin this is your typical fashion.
Maybe Im 'embellishing for entertainment'. You wont let member here have a opinion or post anything against your grain.
Why do I think he is telling the truth? Because he is.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
From last years drivers meeting. 🤷‍♂️ ;)

8:30 AM (Arizona Time)All Vehicles must be at or through the start gate (Racing/ Driving recklessly will result in disqualification from the poker run)
i look at this as not pulling over for faster drivers driving recklessly

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
its not. 50% of the participants dont just move. They are not a expert like you and LOF. My point is, you're nuts.

LOF, nobody is shooting anyone, you know what I meant. Dont spin this is your typical fashion.
Maybe Im 'embellishing for entertainment'. You wont let member here have a opinion or post anything against your grain.
Why do I think he is telling the truth? Because he is.

If no one is shooting anyone then why bring up guns? You can have any opinion you want. You just cant handle that yours might not be correct it seems.

How many rides have you been on with him?

Do you think your number is more or less than the number of rides I have been on with him?

Given that information, who is more likely to have an accurate representation of what is the truth? 😂

Sorry if that is too much spin for you.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
What about the racing part. :p I'm sure you will be bringing this up at this years drivers meeting. 🤷‍♂️

He's never been kicked out in 11 years for "racing" and has not been shot at. So there is that 😂

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
What makes you think he is telling the truth? More than half the stuff posted here is an embellishment for entertainment.

Also who in their right mind gets tapped in the rear and their first response is to start firing their gun from their moving vehicle during a poker run? You talk about risk, and liability. Who is in the wrong there? Not the guy that tapped you from behind.

Both Ian and the lapped people will be fine.

Wait so I don’t have to load up 10k rounds of ammo? WoooHoooo the weight savings will allow me to pass even more cars. 🤪🤪🤪🤪 Also….so you guys just bailing and not talking to us last year was not to pass more cars like you said. You just didn’t want to talk to me? 😭😭😭😭

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
LOF, can you point me in the direction of you air pumper post? thanks

With how expensive the Jabsco pumps are right now, the PCI one on sale for $200 is not A bad way to go.

Last edited:

DWC

Reaction score
I can’t f’g wait for this notta-race now. See you bitches at the finish line. Booya

tmp.gif

tmp.gif

tmp.gif

DWC

Reaction score
Ian why do you post this stuff?
I’m 99% sure he’s just messing with everyone. There’s always a little truth in every joke. I’m guessing that’s the 1%. That being said, I’ll make sure i stay behind him. No chance im running at the front of the pack.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
You can’t seriously ask that after letting GRADS and Yuma back 🤣

Isn’t claimed to hate what grads was doing.. weirdly he is doing exactly the same thing. Don’t see grads doing it.

Incidentally Ian is also the only one that crossed several lines on the grads department.

Like I said elsewhere I’m a forever optimist and always give people chances. Yuma can’t keep it under control.. he didn’t make it.

Grads though is living that holiday spirit.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I’m 99% sure he’s just messing with everyone. There’s always a little truth in every joke. I’m guessing that’s the 1%. That being said, I’ll make sure i stay behind him. No chance im running at the front of the pack.

He is.. but he’s running both sides of the fence line on that

joecfd1

Reaction score
We've done the Desert Bash for the past 5 or 6 years but unfortunately have a wedding to attend which conflicts with this years event... damn it.!:mad:

Sportin' Wood

Reaction score
I've no dog in this fight as I'm not participating this year. However, let me play Captain Obvious Fun Spoiler. @Bpracing1127 God forbid some bluehair in a mule accidentally gets bummed while you are up in their ass on the horn in the dust. The snowbird freaks out and grabs all the brakes, and you punt them into the desert. His SIL is an ambulance chaser, and the witness lurks on RDP. Husband/wife experiences trauma resulting in an overload of a ticker, and next thing, Life Flight is responding to the scene.

You might reconsider your public record of your desert bash plans. Drivers who have never experienced the joy of a nerf rarely find it amusing. It seems plenty of available routes are not clogged up with people on a social cruise; perhaps a different plan should be considered like the Parker 400 or Parker Dam races coming soon.

What if somebody you've pissed off just sends a link to this thread to the Desert Bash organizer, and when you pick up your envelope, they turn you away?
Or the good old Google keyword alert? How do I set up Google Alerts for keywords?

Create an alert
  1. Go to Google Alerts.
  2. In the box at the top, enter a topic you want to follow.
  3. To change your settings, click Show options. You can change: How often you get notifications. The types of sites you'll see. Your language. ...
  4. Click Create Alert. You'll get emails whenever we find matching search results.
When I'm promoting events, I'm watching this like a hawk. :)

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I've no dog in this fight as I'm not participating this year. However, let me play Captain Obvious Fun Spoiler. @Bpracing1127 God forbid some bluehair in a mule accidentally gets bummed while you are up in their ass on the horn in the dust. The snowbird freaks out and grabs all the brakes, and you punt them into the desert. His SIL is an ambulance chaser, and the witness lurks on RDP. Husband/wife experiences trauma resulting in an overload of a ticker, and next thing, Life Flight is responding to the scene.

You might reconsider your public record of your desert bash plans. Drivers who have never experienced the joy of a nerf rarely find it amusing. It seems plenty of available routes are not clogged up with people on a social cruise; perhaps a different plan should be considered like the Parker 400 or Parker Dam races coming soon.

What if somebody you've pissed off just sends a link to this thread to the Desert Bash organizer, and when you pick up your envelope, they turn you away?
Or the good old Google keyword alert? How do I set up Google Alerts for keywords?

Create an alert
  1. Go to Google Alerts.
  3. To change your settings, click Show options. You can change: How often you get notifications. The types of sites you'll see. Your language. ...
  4. Click Create Alert. You'll get emails whenever we find matching search results.

Quite simply what you described is called an accident. They happen, and that is what insurance is for.

Someone lost a spare tire right in front of me last year and I dodged it. Someone could have easily been injured behind me dodging it.

Why in the hell would they turn him away from some nagging tattle tale who was whining about some banter on a message board?

What’s then stopping Ian or anyone else from tattling about the people he pissed off in this thread that said they or someone might have a gun or their relative might “hunt him down” if that happened.

If anyone got pissed off from this exchange about a hypothetical situation that has not even happened, they should take a handful of CBD gummies and chill out .

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: DWC

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

Create an alert
  1. Go to Google Alerts.

Would you like to participate this year? 🤪. I got an empty seat

Badchoices03

Reaction score
Quite simply what you described is called an accident. They happen, and that is what insurance is for.

Someone lost a spare tire right in front of me last year and I dodged it. Someone could have easily been injured behind me dodging it.

Why in the hell would they turn him away from some nagging tattle tale who was whining about some banter on a message board?

What’s then stopping Ian or anyone else from tattling about the people he pissed off in this thread that said they or someone might have a gun or their relative might “hunt him down” if that happened.

If anyone got pissed off from this exchange about a hypothetical situation they should take a handful of CBD gummies and chill out .

Now if we can only find somewhere to buy those CBD gummies....I could have swore I saw them somewhere...

And I am pretty sure, just like every poker run, its definitely a race...just some people don't know they are in it....lol

Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

If anyone got pissed off from this exchange about a hypothetical situation that has not even happened, they should take a handful of CBD gummies and chill out .

Honestly it’s unfortunate but was @Sportin' Wood described is more accurate then you’d think. Jokes don’t translate well to layers and court transcribers..

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Honestly it’s unfortunate but was @Sportin' Wood described is more accurate then you’d think. Jokes don’t translate well to layers and court transcribers..

Oh yes, Bill Burr is a reputable source here.

Now do drunk driving “jokes” on the public internet that don’t translate well to judges and lawyers.

Again. Even if Ian ran into someone… it’s called insurance. Someone would have to prove malicious intent after the geriatric slammed on their brakes.

Sportin' Wood

Reaction score
Would you like to participate this year? 🤪. I got an empty seat
The only reason I'm not attending is we are headed home this week. It is a great event.

I'm no lawyer, but I've had to defend myself for silly things taken out of context. Right or wrong, I don't want to waste time or money defending myself in court. (It's friendly advice and free) This thread would be a good source for intent. I don't know the Desert Bash folks, but if I were the promoter and received a complaint from a registered participant with a link to this thread, I would not be willing to accept the liability and would refund the entry fee and kindly refuse service(turn him away). There is enough risk with motorsports events.

I can't speak to gun talk; I don't have any. Love is my religion. As far as Gummies, I just say no. Like Nancy.

530RL

Reaction score

Create an alert
  1. Go to Google Alerts.
The insurance for our annual vintage event is astronomical. And we have a long list of permanently banned individuals due to judgment issues.

As you point out in your example, intentional acts are not covered by insurance. And the cost of defense on wether it was an “accident” or an intentional act can bankrupt the average person with astronomical legal bills.

Unfortunately these events will slowly go away as insurance becomes unobtainable due to the judgement and attitudes of a few.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
The only reason I'm not attending is we are headed home this week. It is a great event.

I'm no lawyer, but I've had to defend myself for silly things taken out of context. Right or wrong, I don't want to waste time or money defending myself in court. (It's friendly advice and free) This thread would be a good source for intent. I don't know the Desert Bash folks, but if I were the promoter and received a complaint from a registered participant with a link to this thread, I would not be willing to accept the liability and would refund the entry fee and kindly refuse service(turn him away). There is enough risk with motorsports events.

I can't speak to gun talk; I don't have any. Love is my religion. As far as Gummies, I just say no. Like Nancy.

I get where you are coming from but intent of what? You can take many posts on this site as intent for things up to and including murder.

A guy slams on his brakes in front of you and you hit him in the dust.. it is not intent. It’s an accident.

Guy has done the event 11 times, and singled out 0 people directly in this thread.

I’m pretty certain someone will be emailing the organizers at this point, so we will see what happens. It’s not like there is photo ID for this thing. It’s less secure than voting. What if his wife registered for him and they are running around looking for an Ian to cancel on packet pickup day?😂

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Now if we can only find somewhere to buy those CBD gummies....I could have swore I saw them somewhere...

And I a pretty sure, just like every poker run, its definitely a race...just some people don't know they are in it....lol

They get pretty serious about people driving fast / recklessly during their event.. I think I heard 35 times that it isn’t a race the last few drivers meetings. And they called out a few cars one year

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Oh yes, Bill Burr is a reputable source here.

Now do drunk driving “jokes” on the public internet that don’t translate well to judges and lawyers.

Again. Even if Ian ran into someone… it’s called insurance. Someone would have to prove malicious intent after the geriatric slammed on their brakes.

I was just making a point (with humor) not trying to win an argument..

Reactions: DLC

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
They get pretty serious about people driving fast / recklessly during their event.. I think I heard 35 times that it isn’t a race the last few drivers meetings. And they called out a few cars one year
i was there one year where they had 5 race UTV and they specifically called them out lol

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I get where you are coming from but intent of what? You can take many posts on this site as intent for things up to and including murder.

A guy slams on his brakes in front of you and you hit him in the dust.. it is not intent. It’s an accident.

Guy has done the event 11 times, and singled out 0 people directly in this thread.

I’m pretty certain someone will be emailing the organizers at this point, so we will see what happens. It’s not like there is photo ID for this thing. It’s less secure than voting. What if his wife registered for him and they are running around looking for an Ian to cancel on packet pickup day?😂

I wouldn’t doubt if some lurker clicked the thread and didn’t get the humor they might send an email to someone.. you’d be shocked at how many people click a thread read a few posts and fake shit out of context.. it is one of the downsides to ranking high in google with a forum.

That said I get the joke.