WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

I have the kongflu

rivergames

Reaction score
well that and type o blood seems to be immune to it
I'm type O and felt minor symptoms. I had a 100* temp for 2 days. Then it turned into a cold for 4 days and I felt beat. I never lost smell nor taste.

The weirdest feeling I felt was ALL of my skin, from head to toe, felt like it was on fire for 2 days while I had a temp. I really thought the Devil was coming out of me

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I'm type O and felt minor symptoms. I had a 100* temp for 2 days. Then it turned into a cold for 4 days and I felt beat. I never lost smell nor taste.

The weirdest feeling I felt was ALL of my skin, from head to toe, felt like it was on fire for 2 days while I had a temp. I really thought the Devil was coming out of me

possible it was lol

Tom Slick

Reaction score
had it back in november.. smell still dont work right. farts, shit, soap, race gas, certain foods cooking all smell the same to me, kinda a chemical type smell, not really unpleasant just weird.
The chemical smell will eventually go away, at least it finally did for me. I figured that smell was the nerves in my head that were still cooking from the Rona.

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score

well that and type o blood seems to be immune to it

Yep, O and RH negative blood types fair the best. As both the O and and the negative factor seem to have less compatibility for the virus to latch and multiply.

AB+ and B+ have the higher risk of contagion and symptoms

TimeBandit

Reaction score
+1 for sinus infection since the 4th of July. Doctor won't write a script for antibiotic I have to use the nose rinsing saline thing for a week first.

I'm blowing my nose a ton and the color is improving for a while there it was almost dark orange.

Not the Rona but many people have similar symptoms sore throat runny nose.....

JB in so cal

Reaction score
Vitamin D (aka sunlight) is very effective in fighting any/all viruses. When covid hit they demanded everyone stay in doors.....this is why. Sunlight, Vit.-D.... is effective in fighting virous's.
I worked outside everyday and still do. Vitamin D oozing out of my pores, fer fux sake!

badgas

Reaction score
Get well soon @Blackmagic94

Some crap going around for sure.

My 23 year old son who lives at home had a nasty cold a few weeks back. Said it was the worse cold ever, Had a fever on one of the days and was wiped out for a week. Took a negative Covid test but his employer still sent him home for a 10 quarantine shows how much they trust testing.

My wife and I avoided it ( neither have been jabbed or had Covid ) and we were very much exposed. In the same house all week as well as the same car for hours the day before he got sick. We were also sharing /Tasteing beers etc.

Long before Covid whenever someone in my house is sick I start up a cocktail of A,C,D Zinc and Echinacea and sun exposure along with what we call "Immunity broth" we make a huge batch and everyone starts pounding as much as they can. I was told years ago to cycle on and off those vitamins for better immune response than just taking them all the time.

Immunity broth recipe

Good chicken bone broth like 4 boxes or make your own if you have
Two heads of garlic chopped in half. Heads not cloves : )
one large onion quartered
two celery stocks
two carrots
handful of fresh thyme
handful of fresh rosemary
4-5 star anise ( good for fighting flu )
a good handful of fresh sliced ginger ( good for your lungs)
juice from a lemon
cayanne pepper ( to your heat tolerance )
Kosher Salt and Cracked black pepper
* feel free to add anyhting else you like.

Bring to boil and cover and let simmer for two hours, salt and pepper to taste. Strain and drink. This stuff is SO good when you are sick but I swear it also helps you keep the crap away. Maybe a combo of the vitamins and mental outlook help ?

Oh yeah and Titos on ice with two olives at night : )

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
132/90 this morning on bp

Attachments

• 93BB3C75-E2A3-4ED3-9ABB-986C93B24959.jpeg
    93BB3C75-E2A3-4ED3-9ABB-986C93B24959.jpeg
    178.7 KB · Views: 126

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
It's interesting everyone is talking about the sinus infection type cold recently.

Wife and I are microchipped with Pfizer.

Two weeks ago, I had heavily clogged sinuses for three days and then got ahold of some Tylenol Severe Sinus. Wife got hit with it a couple days later on 4th of July weekend. Monday she went to the doc to get a steroid spray. She got tested for COVID too. Came back negative.

So the whole sinus cold deal must just be some other bug that's fairly contagious.

My doc friend said, now that no one is wearing masks, all the normal colds and sinus problems are taking off big time!

I couldn't even get into urgent care the other night. It was Packed!!!

I did an eVisit through the Kaiser app and had my meds waiting for me the next morning. Thank gawd.

badgas

Reaction score
My doc friend said, now that no one is wearing masks, all the normal colds and sinus problems are taking off big time!

I couldn't even get into urgent care the other night. It was Packed!!!

I did an eVisit through the Kaiser app and had my meds waiting for me the next morning. Thank gawd.

And my doc friend said , now that everyone is out getting exposed to people again the colds and sinus problems are back. Said masks have zero to do with it.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Well that’s just a ridiculous statement!

How else would I know if I had this terrifyingly deadly virus or just your normal run of the mill flu if I didn’t get tested??
My pharmacy has home test kits sitting right there on the counter by the register🤷‍♂️😉

gqchris

Reaction score
+1 for sinus infection since the 4th of July. Doctor won't write a script for antibiotic I have to use the nose rinsing saline thing for a week first.

I'm blowing my nose a ton and the color is improving for a while there it was almost dark orange.

Not the Rona but many people have similar symptoms sore throat runny nose.....

We all had the sinus, sore throat, and cough here at my house 3 weeks ago. Went thru pretty it in about 4 days. Little cough lingering though 4 weeks out. Not bad

riverroyal

Reaction score
We all had the sinus, sore throat, and cough here at my house 3 weeks ago. Went thru pretty it in about 4 days. Little cough lingering though 4 weeks out. Not bad
I had a massive sinus deal a month ago. Urgent care in havasu. Kicked my ass for over a month

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Yep, O and RH negative blood types fair the best. As both the O and and the negative factor seem to have less compatibility for the virus to latch and multiply.

AB+ and B+ have the higher risk of contagion and symptoms

Nice.....Guess being O- has its benefits... lol

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
So @Blackmagic94 how are you holding up? Curious how your are treating it if you don't mind me asking.
I’ve mentioned what I’m taking already.

so far I’m not getting worse which I see as turning a corner. Cough is pretty mild but I’m tired today and still short on breath if I move quickly or talk a bunch. But I’m not getting worse

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
I’ve mentioned what I’m taking already.

so far I’m not getting worse which I see as turning a corner. Cough is pretty mild but I’m tired today and still short on breath if I move quickly or talk a bunch. But I’m not getting worse
It took me a solid 6-7 weeks to shake the exhausted feeling. The first 10 days I was SUPER exhausted, going to bed at like 5:30 every evening.

Reactions: DWC

Taboma

Reaction score
Test was negative, may have been a sinus infection like rivermobster said.

Since I don't recall reading it YET in this thread --- I'm hoping I'm the first to point my finger at, THE MASK wearing contributing to a rise in sinus infections.

I haven't a clue if that's true, I do know wearing one often makes my nose run, although it hasn't bothered my wife in the least. I suffer a runny nose often due to allergies, so maybe it's just a coincidence ??

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Since I don't recall reading it YET in this thread --- I'm hoping I'm the first to point my finger at, THE MASK wearing contributing to a rise in sinus infections.

I haven't a clue if that's true, I do know wearing one often makes my nose run, although it hasn't bothered my wife in the least. I suffer a runny nose often due to allergies, so maybe it's just a coincidence ??

I very seldom wore a mask. Only when required by a store I was going into.

Haven't worn one at all in months. My sinus infection got me two weeks ago.

Taboma

Reaction score
I very seldom wore a mask. Only when required by a store I was going into.

Haven't worn one at all in months. My sinus infection got me two weeks ago.

I haven't a clue if there's any shred of correlation, but I was surprised that some of the RDP "Anti-Maskers" hadn't already leaped on the opportunity to point that out and add it to their Dangers of Mask wearing list. 😁

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
I worked outside everyday and still do. Vitamin D oozing out of my pores, fer fux sake!
That’s what I told my doc. He said ya, no. D3 is what matters and because you’re in the sun doesn’t mean you’re processing it. Got tested, yep almost zero. Took supplements with minerals to process the whole program and felt the difference in a few days.

liquid addiction

^ 78 DiMarco Flat
Reaction score
I also can’t taste soda

water out of a sink tastes like metal

some foods are salty

I can smell shit or my farts
We all had it around Thanksgiving last year. Every since then my daughter says that she can not stand the taste of Pepsi. Coke is OK, but Pepsi has a weird taste to her. Wife and I dont really drink soda, so cant say we have the same deal.
Beer still good!!