WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

B.O.A.T.

Instigator

Just Livin up to My Name
Reaction score
I would surely be looking at the fuel system.
3 holes all next to each other burning head gasket just screams lean.
Don't want to either fix it or rebuild it and re-use those injectors and check the entire fuel system.
I would want to determine what the root cause of the problem was in the 1st place.
Just a thought.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
We are making some progress and will be back on the water for some late summer and fall boating it looks like.

Engine is out and over at Todd's Performance in Havasu. He has it apart and my initial deposit for the rebuild goes out this coming week. He says 5-6 weeks tops.

I have been super impressed with Todd. He is very honest and communication is amazing. He really opened my eyes to some of the things I have been overcharged for in this process so far!! Not to mention, his cost is half of what my mechanic and his builder wanted.

Here are some pics of what my mechanic found when he pulled one of the heads.

IMG_4385.jpg
IMG_4386.jpg
IMG_4389.jpg
IMG_4390.jpg

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
I don’t miss those days. I have an appreciation for the lower HP motors now. I think my 1000+ hp wallet has left lol

Good news is that you’ll have a fresh motor, and outdrive if I remember right, once this is all done.

The wife will still give you the side eye of doubt after she learns how many duckets you spent lol

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
I don’t miss those days. I have an appreciation for the lower HP motors now. I think my 1000+ hp wallet has left lol

Good news is that you’ll have a fresh motor, and outdrive if I remember right, once this is all done.

The wife will still give you the side eye of doubt after she learns how many duckets you spent lol

Yeah brand new drive too. I have been open with her about all the costs so as long as shit doesn't break again we will be all good!!

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Good to hear progress is being made Joe. Also great to hear that you will be able to have some time on the water this summer too. 👍

FishSniper

Reaction score
We are making some progress and will be back on the water for some late summer and fall boating it looks like.

Engine is out and over at Todd's Performance in Havasu. He has it apart and my initial deposit for the rebuild goes out this coming week. He says 5-6 weeks tops.

I have been super impressed with Todd. He is very honest and communication is amazing. He really opened my eyes to some of the things I have been overcharged for in this process so far!! Not to mention, his cost is half of what my mechanic and his builder wanted.

Here are some pics of what my mechanic found when he pulled one of the heads.

View attachment 1252745 View attachment 1252746 View attachment 1252747 View attachment 1252748
Good to hear it will be sooner than you originally thought.

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
Have you had the the transom and gimble checked? Now is a good time to replacecall that stuff while motor is out. Maybe at least a transom seal, I had mine start leaking once and motor had to come out to fix a $20 part.
I was told I had to pull my engine to replace a bilge pump that had quit working but was directly under the engine. I had a second one so I was like hell no, I can live with one.

Unluckily for me the starter broke off at one point and they had to pull the engine anyway so the bilge pump got fixed.

Kind of a dumb rigging mistake if you ask me. They moved it to a more easily accessible spot so it didn’t happen again.

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
If u come out to visit LOTO you won't have to work on our boats.....
I only make N2otoofast4u & BlowMe work when they are here

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Have you had the the transom and gimble checked? Now is a good time to replacecall that stuff while motor is out. Maybe at least a transom seal, I had mine start leaking once and motor had to come out to fix a $20 part.

Gimble, bellows and u joints were done already when we did the drive so it is all new back there.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Since the resale on your boat is now destroyed, I’ll take it off your hands for $10k when the repairs are done. 🤣

Hope it gets done on time and we get to see you out on the water.

I did my research on him and we are in great hands. I had several people reach out to me, outside of the boards, and recommend him.

ham&cheese

Reaction score
Should definitely do the transom seal while the motor is out. Easy to pull the drive and transom assembly at that point. If it all goes back together and then there’s a leak at the transom seal you’ll wish you would have done it

Javajoe

Reaction score
My engine left today for Reno. I feel your pain $$$$

JB in so cal

Reaction score
Damn, Joe! That's A long summer without a boat. Glad its going back together for the best weather of the year

JB in so cal

Reaction score
Best boating is just starting.
Enjoy what you can!

Due to fall volleyball (ends in Oct), middle school volleyball (now until Nov) and travel volleyball (starts in Oct) we are packing up and calling it a season.
Damn kids lol

Singleton

Reaction score
Damn kids lol

We have 1 more trip currently planned. BUT….I am in Vegas the Wednesday and Thursday before that trip then have a 6am flight Monday after. Then I land Wednesday at midnight and head straight to Havasu to move off my spot in 2 days.

In 6 weeks I made Delta Gold status for 2024. Not what I had planned, when I already have A List preferred with Southwest.

27Daytona

Reaction score
Best boating is just starting.
Enjoy what you can!

Due to fall volleyball (ends in Oct), middle school volleyball (now until Nov) and travel volleyball (starts in Oct) we are packing up and calling it a season.
100%
We will be at the river every weekend thru the end of October as long as the weather cooperates 😬

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
Well done, worth the time to have it done right! Should be good to go for lots of strong hours and good times!

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score