WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Dirty Deeds Detailing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Molassesmaker

Reaction score
So. It's a long story and I want to get it out there so no one gets burned liked I did

I talked to Tim at dirty deeds detailing oct 8 2017. We had a conversation over the phone about me dropping off my boat and him putting it inclosed storage for the month. I arrived at his shop Sunday morning to drop it off and saw a few boats outside. I called him to double check that what we had agreed upon was inside storage and he confirmed to me that he would move it inside his storage when he returned on Sunday afternoon. I left the boat and $170.00 US dollars cash for him and left the boat there in good faith. I returned on Saturday oct 14 for the boat races and stopped by dirty deeds to find my boat outside. Rather than confronting him, giving him the benefit of the doubt thinking maybe he's putting inside every nite id just drive by Monday morning to see if it's still outside. Sure enough Monday morning came and the boat is I the exact spot I left the previous Sunday. I would've taken the boat home but I was in my wife's care and couldn't tow it. I returned Friday oct 20th and much to my Dismay the god damn boat was still in the same spot I left it. So I stopped by to pick it up and tim was out of town so I tried to call him. Iminage that, he wouldn't answer my call. But he somehow seemed to answer a call from his shop manager. I demanded a full refund which they provided but they burned me and I thought everyone should know about it Don't do business with dirty deeds detailing

schiadastan

Reaction score
Sorry to hear. I?ve never had any problems with Tim or the guys that work for him. He has always taken very good care of me and the customers I have sent to him.

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
Was your boat covered at least?

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
I won a gift certificate for a detail at the eliminator regatta a year ago and could never get him to return calls about honoring it.

l84theriv

Reaction score
I have never had a problem with there service. And it sounds like you got reimbursed.

cofooter

Reaction score
Thought I just posted this and now I can't see it.

"Bummer, never had a bad experience with Tim"

fishing fool

Reaction score
Did they clean the boat? When was the boat to be picked up after cleaning?

Why did you wait so long after the 14th to get in touch with them???

grumpy88

Reaction score
He screwed me on a detail as well . He gave me the exact line verbatim as he did my neighbor two doors down . I imagine when you tell to many lies you can't keep them all straight . I guess business is to good to do quality work .

Molassesmaker

Reaction score
Yes it was covered and a reimbursement isn't the point. If I hadn't came back to personally see the boat parked outside I would've never known that he didn't do what we had agreed upon

grumpy88

Reaction score
I had a bad experience there too along with my neighbor

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
IMG_0956.jpg

There is not a single shop I have ever had long term good luck with in parker and I have tried them all....

fishing fool

Reaction score
When was the boat supposed to be cleaned by??? If you saw the boat was not moved after a week whey did it take you another week to talk to him?

Fun Times

Moderated
Reaction score
Had some Moderation problems due to two threads being made so that is why some of the confusion regarding posts...Also had to run this one by Dave to make sure things would be okay..."Thus far" he's good with it.

Sorry to see you had an issue over at Dirty-Deeds-Detailing:(...Carry on.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
In before the lock too.

Id say more, but I would get my hand slapped.

Molassesmaker

Reaction score
Did they clean the boat? When was the boat to be picked up after cleaning?

Why did you wait so long after the 14th to get in touch with them???

It was not there to be cleaned. It was there to be put into storage. I couldn't tow it home on the Monday morning so I figured instead of calling him to chew his ass I would just drive back out in Friday and pick it up

crzy2bealive

Reaction score
That sucks! Will be at the bottom of my list when I get my boat detailed.

4Waters

Reaction score
I doesn't sound like there was any damage to the boat and he refunded your money so I wouldn't say you got burned, however he didn't do what he said and agreed upon doing, so what he is guilty of is, he is not a man of his word and that is a different problem all together.

fishing fool

Reaction score
It was not there to be cleaned. It was there to be put into storage. I couldn't tow it home on the Monday morning so I figured instead of calling him to chew his ass I would just drive back out in Friday and pick it up

Sorry my bad, I misread it the first 3 times.

Molassesmaker

Reaction score
I doesn't sound like there was any damage to the boat and he refunded your money so I wouldn't say you got burned, however he didn't do what he said and agreed upon doing, so what he is guilty of is, he is not a man of his word and that is a different problem all together.

Again. If I hadn't personally seen the boat parked outside,I would've called him a few days b4 I was going to the river, He would've pulled my boat out of the "storage" and I would've been none the wiser. So yea I did get burned. The Boat if filthy now It sat in his dirt lot for two weeks

Heylam

Reaction score
I don't imagine it would be a 460/2FF event or offense, do you?

No, but maybe a Jordy, Tom Brown, or JBB offense. [emoji14] Note to self, don?t operate a website.

Joker

Reaction score
Yup, it's no longer 86'd. 👍

NicPaus

Reaction score
Is it stored with him indoors or another facility? Does he have access to your boat?

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
[video=youtube_https;26wrvblgGP0]https://youtu.be/26wrvblgGP0[/video]

Don?t really care what the drivel thread is but I love this song.

[video=youtube_https;TXXO9_3gb3o]https://youtu.be/TXXO9_3gb3o[/video]

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
Had to get me started. I totally grew up listening to AC/DC.
[video=youtube_https;3f2g4RMfhS0]https://youtu.be/3f2g4RMfhS0[/video]

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
[video=youtube_https;JGftIcp2SC0]https://youtu.be/JGftIcp2SC0[/video]

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
[video=youtube_https;_bP6aVG6L1w]https://youtu.be/_bP6aVG6L1w[/video]

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Sorry to hear. I?ve never had any problems with Tim or the guys that work for him. He has always taken very good care of me and the customers I have sent to him.

Tim's always done right by me as well to be honest. I've only really ever used them for boat washes though, and he serviced my boat once.

Had some Moderation problems due to two threads being made so that is why some of the confusion regarding posts...Also had to run this one by Dave to make sure things would be okay..."Thus far" he's good with it.

Sorry to see you had an issue over at Dirty-Deeds-Detailing:(...Carry on.

Weird, I guess some of us are allowed to disparage businesses, and some aren't?

Interesting.

Well Brian, I'd happily explain it to you (for the last time fyi), or you can go read the rules at the top. A guy had a negative experience with a business and he shared it. He's not saying "Fuck that cocksucker he's a criminal and should be out of business."

Or in your case, I can't remember exactly whatever it is you said but it was something along the lines of "Fuck him and fuck him and fuck him some more"

This guy It's a legit story, with a beginning a middle and an end. Some people have said they have had a negative issue, and others (including myself) have said we have had positive experiences.

Bashing on someones business, not even giving a reason for it, and then basically saying you want the guy dead.. That's not gonna fly

As explained in the rules above (one more time). Anybody is allowed to come on here and say "I did business with XYZ. I wasn't satisfied with the service and this was the outcome." That isn't against any rules..

The Fuck you, fuck this, fuck him, god damn mother fucking crook bullshit is where we draw the line.

In your instance where it's the typical "wshuwrhr thread" where absolutely no details are shared, it's vague as fuck and just a bunch of hot headed crazyiness with no rhyme or reason other than "trust me.. Fuck Dan..." We aren't going to allow that. Especially given the fact that it's a pretty respected business in their perspective field. (whether you like it or not, it is)

In the earlier instances usually (actually almost always) there's always two sides to the story, and sometimes that other side comes out, so I always tell everyone, beware of what ya post, because if I find out it's bullshit then I'm gonna put it up without thinking twice.

RD

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Sweet, thanks for the clarification. I'll happily take the Pepsi challenge. :)

Tim's always done right by me as well to be honest. I've only really ever used them for boat washes though, and he serviced my boat once.

Well Brian, I'd happily explain it to you (for the last time fyi), or you can go read the rules at the top. A guy had a negative experience with a business and he shared it. He's not saying "Fuck that cocksucker he's a criminal and should be out of business."

Or in your case whatever it is you said "Fuck him and fuck him and fuck him some more" It's a legit story, with a beginning a middle and an end. Some people have said they have had a negative issue, and others (including myself) have said we have had positive experiences.

Bashing on someones business, not even giving a reason for it, and then basically saying you want the guy dead.. Yeah that's not gonna fly anywhere.

As explained in the rules above (one more time). Anybody is allowed to come on here and say "I did business with XYZ. I wasn't satisfied with the service and this was the outcome." That isn't against any rules.. The Fuck you, fuck this, fuck him, god damn mother fucking crook... bullshit is where we draw the line. In the earlier instances usually (actually almost always) there's always two sides to the story, and sometimes that other side comes out, so I always tell everyone, beware of what ya post, because if I find out it's bullshit then I'm gonna put it up without thinking twice.

RD

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Sweet, thanks for the clarification. I'll happily take the Pepsi challenge. :)

I was editing that post, most likely while you were reading it to try to make it easier to read.

You and that guy had some kinda deal with employee and employer.. I'm not sure what happened but it's obvious there's some bad blood there. I'd just leave it alone if it was me, but you do what you want.

I'll tell you how forums work though If you go capping on that guy.. There's going to be people on here for there own reasons that have either done, or tried to do things with you that are gonna come out of the wood work and cap on you.

That's why the age old saying "Call out threads always end up on the OP" holds true.. When the blood goes in the water, it attracts all kinds of sharks, not just the ones you want on your side.

RD

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
See previous post. I'll take that challenge.

I was editing that post, most likely while you were reading it to try to make it easier to read.

You and that guy had some kinda deal with employee and employer.. I'm not sure what happened but it's obvious there's some bad blood there. I'd just leave it alone if it was me, but you do what you want.

I'll tell you how forums work though If you go capping on that guy.. There's going to be people on here for there own reasons that have either done, or tried to do things with you that are gonna come out of the wood work and cap on you.

That's why the age old saying "Call out threads always end up on the OP" holds true.. When the blood goes in the water, it attracts all kinds of sharks, not just the ones you want on your side.

RD

Status
Not open for further replies.