WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Havasu Riviera Build

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
Making progress, but now I know why the structural steel contractor has been flaky the last three weeks. They only have the steel columns fabricated. We are pouring the RV/boat garage next week and told the steel guy if he is not done when the slab is poured he is going to have to use a crane to finish on his dime!

63761.jpeg

v6toy4x

Reaction score
Frikin' subs!!

The delay will be long forgotten once you sip that first cocktail on your pool deck as the sun goes down!
And if you need a hand with the cocktails 😉

RIVERBORN

Reaction score
Frikin' subs!!

The delay will be long forgotten once you sip that first cocktail on your pool deck as the sun goes down!
And if you need a hand with the cocktails 😉
Especially those damn steel guys and welders…..😂

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
These extended gaps between photos is really having a negative impact with my voyeurism.
It's also playing havoc with my patience. #havasutime

Structural steel contractor finally admitted they don't have everything fabricated and received a proper ass chewing.

We dry packed all of the steel columns yesterday in preparation for pouring RV/boat garage slab on Monday. Structural steel contractor is coming Wednesday to finish all of the steel. Complete Truss and engineered wood package is coming on March 17th and framing will begin immediately.

I will finally be able to post real progress pictures starting next week. Hopefully we will be almost completely framed out by Desert Storm.

lenmann

Reaction score
I keep forgetting to post up in this thread. I was in Havasu a couple of weeks ago and had the chance to check out the Riviera. The boating facilities are just amazing and truly top shelf. The wifey and I visited the sales office and got the full pitch, lots of buying opportunities of all sorts and price ranges.

I took the opportunity to walk through the parking area over to where some of the new construction was underway and low and behold, there's @Racer56 new pad (pre steel). His lot location is phenomenal and the views he will have upon completion will be breathtaking. The quality and design aesthetics of the builds in Riviera are over the top and set a new high watermark for Havasu. Way more like Newport Beach than the AZ desert.

Congrats on the progress thus far, I can only imaging the excitement and anticipation you guys must be feeling.

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
I keep forgetting to post up in this thread. I was in Havasu a couple of weeks ago and had the chance to check out the Riviera. The boating facilities are just amazing and truly top shelf. The wifey and I visited the sales office and got the full pitch, lots of buying opportunities of all sorts and price ranges.

I took the opportunity to walk through the parking area over to where some of the new construction was underway and low and behold, there's @Racer56 new pad (pre steel). His lot location is phenomenal and the views he will have upon completion will be breathtaking. The quality and design aesthetics of the builds in Riviera are over the top and set a new high watermark for Havasu. Way more like Newport Beach than the AZ desert.

Congrats on the progress thus far, I can only imaging the excitement and anticipation you guys must be feeling.
Thanks for the compliments and I'm glad you were able to see the vision I have.

I know of a great lot that is for sale off market if you are interested. We need more RDP'ers in the Riviera.

Reactions: DWC

96CarreraEclipse

Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments and I'm glad you were able to see the vision I have.

I know of a great lot that is for sale off market if you are interested. We need more RDP'ers in the Riviera.
What are lots typically going for in the Riviera?

RiverDiva

"Team RDP"
Reaction score
What are lots typically going for in the Riviera?
I was just out there with a builder friend of mine walking some lots. I have the updated inventory lists. There are some great non lake view lots still available for just over $200k that would sustain a double RV in Flat Iron. They keep going from there depending on view and size. I also have some with plans available if you want to fast forward the process. Give me a call or shoot me a text to discuss.
Stacy
928-706-4200

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
Trent @rdp real estate has a listing for a great lot caddy corner in front of my house.

Reactions: DWC

96CarreraEclipse

Reaction score
Perfect I will call tomorrow
I was just out there with a builder friend of mine walking some lots. I have the updated inventory lists. There are some great non lake view lots still available for just over $200k that would sustain a double RV in Flat Iron. They keep going from there depending on view and size. I also have some with plans available if you want to fast forward the process. Give me a call or shoot me a text to discuss.
Stacy
928-706-4200

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
RV/Boat garage slab poured. Upper garage slab finished. Guest bedroom/Granny pad stem walls ready to grout. Underground utilities installed ready for inspection and backfill. Trusses and engineered lumber coming Monday.

Structural steel contractor has flaked out yet again and it's going to push back the start of framing. 🤬 Depending on when they finally show up, they will have caused at least 6 weeks of delay. I can't wait for him to submit his final invoice, as I am going to use it to wipe my ass for 60+ days. 😨

IMG-20230311-WA0000~2.jpg

IMG-20230311-WA0028.jpg
IMG-20230311-WA0029.jpg

Amy@Team RDP

"Team RDP"
Reaction score
RV/Boat garage slab poured. Upper garage slab finished. Guest bedroom/Granny pad stem walls ready to grout. Underground utilities installed ready for inspection and backfill. Trusses and engineered lumber coming Monday.

Structural steel contractor has flaked out yet again and it's going to push back the start of framing. 🤬 Depending on when they finally show up, they will have caused at least 6 weeks of delay. I can't wait for him to submit his final invoice, as I am going to use it to wipe my ass for 60+ days. 😨

View attachment 1208223
View attachment 1208224 View attachment 1208226 View attachment 1208227
View attachment 1208228
It is so hard to see your project delayed but dang look at that sunset view! It will all be worth it and more!!

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
Big day today! Structural steel contractor got all but three beam's erected and will be back tomorrow morning to finish. The complete floor and roof truss package including all engineered lumber beams showed up this morning on two semi's from Oregon. We also grouted the guest bedroom foundation walls. Framing starting Monday morning! Woohoo 🖐

IMG-20230313-WA0032.jpg
IMG-20230313-WA0017.jpg
IMG-20230313-WA0013.jpg
IMG-20230313-WA0008.jpg
IMG-20230313-WA0007.jpg

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
Big day today! Structural steel contractor got all but three beam's erected and will be back tomorrow morning to finish. The complete floor and roof truss package including all engineered lumber beams showed up this morning on two semi's from Oregon. We also grouted the guest bedroom foundation walls. Framing starting Monday morning! Woohoo 🖐

View attachment 1208934 View attachment 1208935 View attachment 1208936 View attachment 1208937 View attachment 1208938
Damn that looking good! 👍👍

Wmc

The Mayor
Reaction score
I might have to go down there an take a look. The project is moving

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
@Racer56 I wondered if you were in town...seems like the last couple days driving by to the marina that they had gotten a lot done on your place.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
I'm actually at home working to try and pay for it. My wife and daughter are there cracking the whip! She is getting more done than if I was there!
I get that.... I checked the thread and was going to swing by tomorrow to send you pics If I didn't see an update. At least your steel guys got on the ball it seems!

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
I get that.... I checked the thread and was going to swing by tomorrow to send you pics If I didn't see an update. At least you steel guys got on the ball it seems!
Like I said, the steel guys learned not to bullshit my wife.🤣 I'm coming Friday to bring all of the nails and hardware, starting framing Monday morning!

Any updates from Jeremy on the lift and cover situation?

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Like I said, the steel guys learned not to bullshit my wife.🤣 I'm coming Friday to bring all of the nails and hardware, starting framing Monday morning!

Any updates from Jeremy on the lift and cover situation?
TBH I didn't have the bandwidth for that call today but I will tomorrow. I want to have them stick corner bumpers on my slip before I come back as well.

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
TBH I didn't have the bandwidth for that call today but I will tomorrow. I want to have them stick corner bumpers on my slip before I come back as well.
If you don't mind give me a call after you talk to him.

Shane 818-540-5656

Hammer

Reaction score
Congrats on getting to the framing stage! Thank you for sharing your build.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Apparently the trades aren’t thin in LHC like they are in Phoenix, at least that’s what my builder tells me. You’ll be in before I will probably.

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
Apparently the trades aren’t thin in LHC like they are in Phoenix, at least that’s what my builder tells me. You’ll be in before I will probably.
Depends on the trade. Basic trade's like plumbing, electric and HVAC are no problem in Havasu. Some trade's like structural steel are a problem, until recently there was only one contractor in town. Specialty trade's like floor leveling/lightweight concrete don't exist in Havasu and have to be brought in from one of the three major cities.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Depends on the trade. Basic trade's like plumbing, electric and HVAC are no problem in Havasu. Some trade's like structural steel are a problem, until recently there was only one contractor in town. Specialty trade's like floor leveling/lightweight concrete don't exist in Havasu and have to be brought in from one of the three major cities.
Mansell Steel did the beams for my RV garage 20 years ago. Are fire sprinklers required?

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
RV/Boat garage, mezzanine level framing finished and all first floor trusses and sheeting done. Living level lumber arrived this morning and snapped lines today. Framer's will start standing walls tomorrow morning.

67738.jpeg

MeCasa16

Reaction score
Great thread. I can’t believe I haven’t found this until now. Your house is amazing. That view is absolutely incredible. Can’t wait to see it progressing.

v6toy4x

Reaction score
RV/Boat garage, mezzanine level framing finished and all first floor trusses and sheeting done. Living level lumber arrived this morning and snapped lines today. Framer's will start standing walls tomorrow morning.

View attachment 1217751
how pissed is your neighbor right about now??