WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Havasu Riviera Build

Tank

Reaction score
Looking great! That’s gonna be insane man.

What’s going on down at the marina? They replace the manager that died? They start on the restaurant yet? Almost all docks in? I won’t ask about rack storage as I know it’ll be last. 😁

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
Looking great! That’s gonna be insane man.

What’s going on down at the marina? They replace the manager that died? They start on the restaurant yet? Almost all docks in? I won’t ask about rack storage as I know it’ll be last. 😁
Thanks buddy, can't wait for the day I move in!

They have a new manager named Jeremy and so far he has been great to work with. Phase 1 of the Marina is basically done and is almost fully leased. I take possession of my dock tomorrow. They are planning on having phase 2 of the Marina docks done by mid summer. They haven't started the restaurant yet, but the building pad is ready. The marina store is open and fully stocked, as well as the fuel dock and the pumps in the parking lot.

Eliminator21vdrive

Reaction score
Is that rough framing another home between your lot and almost finished home? Hard to tell from angle of pictures seems awful narrow?

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
Is that rough framing another home between your lot and almost finished home? Hard to tell from angle of pictures seems awful narrow?
Yes it is. My lot is 70' wide and the lots next to me are 57' wide. There is a 5' side yard on both houses, so the houses are 10' apart, with a 6' high wall property line wall. I really don't have much in the way of windows on that side of the house and my unobstructed view is from London bridge to Copper canyon from almost all of the living space. I bought a corner lot on the third tier just for those reasons. My neighbor basically only has a view straight out the back of their house.

Fastdadtsmith

Reaction score
I know I may be late, but are you still in need of a block guy? I have come across a crew and would love to get my foot in the dirt there.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Yes it is. My lot is 70' wide and the lots next to me are 57' wide. There is a 5' side yard on both houses, so the houses are 10' apart, with a 6' high wall property line wall. I really don't have much in the way of windows on that side of the house and my unobstructed view is from London bridge to Copper canyon from almost all of the living space. I bought a corner lot on the third tier just for those reasons. My neighbor basically only has a view straight out the back of their house.
were you able to put the rear wall center of property line??? is the rear lot owner involved???, and did you get the rear wall engineered??? nice to see a build where they do all the walls and retaining....

Last edited:

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
were you able to put the rear wall center of property line??? is the rear lot ower involved???, and did you get the rear wall engineered??? nice to see a build where they do all the walls and retaining....
No lot in the back. Only neighboring lot on one side.

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
It's a beautiful day to pour concrete! Grouted the block walls and pouring mezzanine level foundations. Left LA 12:15 this morning, got to Havasu at 6:30 with a full load of scaffolding. Should be done by 1:30 and I'm going to take a nap. 😨
IMG_20221202_120514397_HDR.jpg
IMG_20221202_120447129_HDR.jpg
IMG_20221202_120317785.jpg

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
were you able to put the rear wall center of property line??? is the rear lot owner involved???, and did you get the rear wall engineered??? nice to see a build where they do all the walls and retaining....
As Tim said, I have no rear neighbor. I am a corner lot, so I am street to street to street with only a neighbor on one side.

When you buy a lot in the Riviera you have to execute a notarized property line wall agreement where both parties split the cost of the wall 50/50. I got really lucky and my neighbor couldn't find anyone to build his house so he sold to a developer. The new developer is building at max speed and already built the property line wall. He built the wall completely on his side and used 8" block instead of 6". The best part of the deal is he doesn't want any money from me. I scored big time, larger than design side yard and all for free!

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
As Tim said, I have no rear neighbor. I am a corner lot, so I am street to street to street with only a neighbor on one side.

When you buy a lot in the Riviera you have to execute a notarized property line wall agreement where both parties split the cost of the wall 50/50. I got really lucky and my neighbor couldn't find anyone to build his house so he sold to a developer. The new developer is building at max speed and already built the property line wall. He built the wall completely on his side and used 8" block instead of 6". The best part of the deal is he doesn't want any money from me. I scored big time, larger than design side yard and all for free!
pretty awesome,... I never get that lucky

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
Just finished another successful weekend of work. Completed another full lift of block on my 16' wall. Only have 3'4" to go. Spent most of the day stacking block on my mezzanine level and cleaning and organizing the job. We finished the first course of the 10' mezzanine wall and it will go a lot faster.

Waterproofers are starting on Monday for what I have completed and backfill of my 6' rear garage wall should start Wednesday or Thursday.

IMG_20221204_153309116.jpg
IMG_20221204_154219820_HDR.jpg
IMG_20221204_154226437_HDR.jpg
IMG_20221204_153846708_HDR.jpg

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Just finished another successful weekend of work. Completed another full lift of block on my 16' wall. Only have 3'4" to go. Spent most of the day stacking block on my mezzanine level and cleaning and organizing the job. We finished the first course of the 10' mezzanine wall and it will go a lot faster.

Waterproofers are starting on Monday for what I have completed and backfill of my 6' rear garage wall should start Wednesday or Thursday.

View attachment 1178065 View attachment 1178066 View attachment 1178067 View attachment 1178068

Our son Rykley, Taylor and I stopped into to town this afternoon and head to Los Angeles tomorrow At 5:30am. We stopped by the build and neighborhood. Looking good. When are you going to be in town next?

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
Our son Rykley, Taylor and I stopped into to town this afternoon and head to Los Angeles tomorrow At 5:30am. We stopped by the build and neighborhood. Looking good. When are you going to be in town next?
Will be back Friday. I plan on working all weekend at the Riviera unless my Speed UTV miraculously shows up and I get to use my paid entry to Desert Bash! 😨

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
What are specs on this place? At the rate you're moving, you'll be all moved in by memorial day it seems.

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
What are specs on this place? At the rate you're moving, you'll be all moved in by memorial day it seems.
Main living level is 3 bedrooms 3 1/2 bath's 2,800 S/F plus a two car garage. Mezzanine level is a bunk room with full bath and a gym on either side of a center staircase 875 S/F. Lower level is RV/Boat garage 2,950 S/F with two 12'x14' garage doors.

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
Work weekend started off a little rough as the grading contractor was supposed to show up on Friday to backfill the mezzanine level and they flaked. Had to change things up and ended up being a very productive four days. Started laying block for the 10' mezzanine level back wall on Friday and finished Sunday. Waterproofers showed up late Friday afternoon and finished garage wall Sunday. Had city inspection 8:30 this morning and poured concrete at 9:30. Grading contractor showed up today and started backfill of back garage wall and fine grade for garage slab.
IMG_20221212_094606583_HDR.jpg
IMG_20221212_094701070_HDR.jpg
IMG_20221212_094725397_HDR.jpg

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
Well more progress this week, but it's getting hard to get guys to work this close to the holidays. Finished laying block on the 16' wall and started laying the last four foot of the 10' wall. Installed french drain behind 16' wall and got it backfilled and compacted 7' high. Also finished mezzanine level backfill and garage fine grading.

IMG_20221218_153532327_HDR.jpg
IMG_20221218_153555054_HDR.jpg
IMG_20221218_153635161_HDR.jpg

Wmc

The Mayor
Reaction score

lenmann

Reaction score
Great build thread, I really like the aesthetics of your design. Thanks for bringing us along on the ride, it's not often that us regulars get an inside track on a build of this caliber.

One question: Is there a lottery or drawing we can enter to get an invite to the house warming party?

Congrats on the progress thus far!

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
Great build thread, I really like the aesthetics of your design. Thanks for bringing us along on the ride, it's not often that us regulars get an inside track on a build of this caliber.

One question: Is there a lottery or drawing we can enter to get an invite to the house warming party?

Congrats on the progress thus far!
When this sucker is done, I'm inviting all of RDP for a house warming party. We are going to break this bad boy in right!

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
Definitely looks like a "pour day" to me! How much of the lake view does your place block from your nieghbor?
The neighbors view is pretty much just the back of their house.

Tank

Reaction score
I can't wait to start posting pictures of my view from my pool deck above the boat garage.
That sentence right there just further backed up my statement.

😍😍

Are you guys planning on living there full time?

Are you guys gonna be one of the first completed in the project?

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
That sentence right there just further backed up my statement.

😍😍

Are you guys planning on living there full time?

Are you guys gonna be one of the first completed in the project?
We have a five year plan to be there full time. Our oldest daughter is a sophomore in college and our youngest daughter is a junior in high school.

Two homes in Marina View are already done and moved into. When we are done around this time next year, we will probably be around home number 20 to finish.

Tank

Reaction score
We have a five year plan to be there full time. Our oldest daughter is a sophomore in college and our youngest daughter is a junior in high school.

Two homes in Marina View are already done and moved into. When we are done around this time next year, we will probably be around home number 20 to finish.
Have you walked through the finished homes? Different builders right? But still get an idea of what it’ll be like.

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
Have you walked through the finished homes? Different builders right? But still get an idea of what it’ll be like.
My wife and I walked through the owner of one of the big general contractors building in the Riviera personal house. The house is over the top bitchin and my wife is finally excited about our build. All stone floors, flush base boards, floating vanities, electric blinds, floor to ceiling wine rack and on and on.

Tank

Reaction score
My wife and I walked through the owner of one of the big general contractors building in the Riviera personal house. The house is over the top bitchin and my wife is finally excited about our build. All stone floors, flush base boards, floating vanities, electric blinds, floor to ceiling wine rack and on and on.
Bad ass! Can’t wait to see it come together.

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
Had inspection this morning and just finished pouring all of the foundations for the garage. Plumber was supposed to come this morning to complete underground sewer, but we are getting a Havasu tomorrow.
IMG_20221228_101615382.jpg
IMG_20221228_100218439_HDR.jpg

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
Finished the year off strong. All underground plumbing is done and inspection is scheduled for Tuesday. Finished property line wall and stem wall for the garage. Completed all retaining wall waterproofing today and backfill should start next week.

Up next will be installing all of the structural steel in the next two weeks.

IMG_20221231_120429540_HDR.jpg
IMG_20221231_120250146_HDR.jpg
IMG_20221231_120328386_HDR.jpg
IMG_20221230_122806223_HDR.jpg
IMG_20221231_120517782_HDR.jpg

v6toy4x

Reaction score
Block and structural steel, I like it!, although being a concrete tilt up guy, poured in place walls would have been a bit more "baller":eek:

JK, looking like its moving forward at a nice clip, I see you are an engineering contractor, are any of your subs work contacts? That view is a nice Christmas present!

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
Block and structural steel, I like it!, although being a concrete tilt up guy, poured in place walls would have been a bit more "baller":eek:

JK, looking like its moving forward at a nice clip, I see you are an engineering contractor, are any of your subs work contacts? That view is a nice Christmas present!
I was going to Shotcrete all of the walls as that's our preferred method on my jobs in LA, but with plywood and lumber prices being so high at the time I stayed with block. The plywood and lumber to do the forming was almost double all of the block itself.

I have been doing all of the concrete work with my employees and calling in favors from my vendors for other trades, like waterproofing.

v6toy4x

Reaction score
I was going to Shotcrete all of the walls as that's our preferred method on my jobs in LA, but with plywood and lumber prices being so high at the time I stayed with block. The plywood and lumber to do the forming was almost double all of the block itself.

I have been doing all of the concrete work with my employees and calling in favors from my vendors for other trades, like waterproofing.
Block is kind of hard to beat sometimes, things look good keep the pics coming, it makes the thread easier to read😂

Tank

Reaction score
Finished the year off strong. All underground plumbing is done and inspection is scheduled for Tuesday. Finished property line wall and stem wall for the garage. Completed all retaining wall waterproofing today and backfill should start next week.

Up next will be installing all of the structural steel in the next two weeks.

View attachment 1184986 View attachment 1184987 View attachment 1184988 View attachment 1184989 View attachment 1184990
Look at that view!!!!! 🤤

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
Impatiently waiting !
Small update:

Grading contractor flaked out for a week, but he finished the backfill and compaction of all of the walls. Started digging footings for upper level garage and guest bedroom and finished preparing subgrade with 4" of AB for mid level and boat garage. We should be pouring concrete in the next week or so.

Had major drama with the truss company my structural engineer spec'd and experienced extreme lack of communication. They wanted two months for shop drawings and 6-8 weeks to fabricate and deliver. Found another truss company that is providing more material, is extremely responsive and will deliver in three weeks start to finish. As an added benefit, they are 5K cheaper than the big boy A-hole truss company. Received shop drawings Thursday, double checked out at the job site yesterday and today, approved and sent back a few minutes ago.

Crane Time!

I'm so excited, the Structural steel contractor has finished fabrication and will be starting install next Tuesday. By the end of next week, the house will start to look like a house!

60867.jpeg
60866.jpeg
60865.jpeg
IMG_20230121_121321444_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230121_121253413_HDR.jpg

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Definitely Helps, I have done doors similar to this for clients. I just had not seen a corner opening like that. Pretty bad ass.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
These open corners are the new thing at the shore where unobstructed views are key and costs aren't consideration.... big money increase due to steel.

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
Okay so after my structural steel contractor flaked out four times over a 2 1/2 week period and a final ultimatum/Ass chewing they finally started today! They will be done by the end of the week.

We poured the concrete foundation for the upper garage and the floor slab for the mezzanine level last week. Both of the garages are prepared and ready for concrete slab's when structural steel contractor finishes.

Finished and approved shop drawings for all trusses end of last week. Should be onsite in two weeks and framing will begin.
63019.jpeg
IMG-20230210-WA0010.jpg

Amy@Team RDP

"Team RDP"
Reaction score
Okay so after my structural steel contractor flaked out four times over a 2 1/2 week period and a final ultimatum/Ass chewing they finally started today! They will be done by the end of the week.

We poured the concrete foundation for the upper garage and the floor slab for the mezzanine level last week. Both of the garages are prepared and ready for concrete slab's when structural steel contractor finishes.

Finished and approved shop drawings for all trusses end of last week. Should be onsite in two weeks and framing will begin. View attachment 1198915 View attachment 1198916
View attachment 1198917
Just love following your progress and took a peek at your place this weekend when Stacy and I were out touring lots with another soon-to-be "neighbor". The engineering is over the top. I can't wait to see your home all completed and that VIEW!! WOW, you picked a fantastic lot! It's AWESOME!