WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

My Countdown Has Has Begun.....

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Keep your head up. We are all on borrowed time. All we have is now. Stay positive. I keep looking at guys like Dave and Dan, and I think, I’m probably going to live forever.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
🙏🙏🙏🙏 Best to you and the current challenge and to a speedy recovery. You got this!!!

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
don't know why but today is the first time I have seen this thread. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Todays medicine is pretty damn good. I bet you will be up in no time. Just do what the doc says to do and not do!!!

X1000

👍🏼👍🏼

River Runnin

Reaction score
Today they had a dr come in to do a colonoscopy & egt (scope the stomac) where he stopped 4 bleeders. Three units of 🩸 and not leaving here until heart job is done! Likely a week in ICU and maybe a couple weeks in nursing/ rehab home! Just about every beat of my heart is made by my pacemaker keeping it at 70.
more concerned about my wife not being able to drive atm due to her pain management, and a couple people we know that can help her out when possible.

Last edited:

DLC

Reaction score
I just read thru all of this….

Positive Personal Thoughts - A Kick Ass and take No Prisoners attitude goes a Very Long way! You have a LOT more to do in this Life !

My Thoughts and Prayers are sent your way! Hoping for a Full & Speedy Recovery

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Hoping you're able to rest...with the world spinning and all. Glad the doctors were able to find and stop some bleeding...pretty big win in the first battle. Just keep stacking wins...easy enough, right?
Praying for you and your wife.

DLC

Reaction score
Slightly off Topic

My sister was born in 1964 she didn’t have a fully developed heart, she was missing a pumping chamber, total experimental back then but they reduced the blood flow w/ a band so the ventricle can pump away and develop and grow, get bigger.

Over the years she has had 6 or 7 open heart surgeries.

Heart Surgeries these days have been dialed in and are fairly common procedures !

So you just focus on you, No Worries! Let those Dr’s do their thang and you’ll be up and going in no time !

wallnutz

Reaction score
Slightly off Topic

My sister was born in 1964 she didn’t have a fully developed heart, she was missing a pumping chamber, total experimental back then but they reduced the blood flow w/ a band so the ventricle can pump away and develop and grow, get bigger.

Over the years she has had 6 or 7 open heart surgeries.

Heart Surgeries these days have been dialed in and are fairly common procedures !

So you just focus on you, No Worries! Let those Dr’s do their thang and you’ll be up and going in no time !
My wife has the same thing. Basically a three chamber heart. She had a band put on at 1yesrs old. Replaced that band 8 years ago after she developed pulmonary hyper tension. Very rare that there are people still alive with the pulmonary banding.

DLC

Reaction score
My wife has the same thing. Basically a three chamber heart. She had a band put on at 1yesrs old. Replaced that band 8 years ago after she developed pulmonary hyper tension. Very rare that there are people still alive with the pulmonary banding.

it’s a unusual defect but once you talk about it people know about it. My sister was on the Heart Transplant list for 2 years and a change in medication took her off the list. Very Exciting times and advancement in the Medical fields

Dr Lamberti and San Diego Children’s Hospital are TOP Notch - Truely Amazing

wallnutz

Reaction score
it’s a unusual defect but once you talk about it people know about it. My sister was on the Heart Transplant list for 2 years and a change in medication took her off the list. Very Exciting times and advancement in the Medical fields

Dr Lamberti and San Diego Children’s Hospital are TOP Notch - Truely Amazing
My wife's heart is actually doing very well, it's the pulmonary hyper tension that is her issue now. She sees a doctor that specializes in pediatric cardiology at Stanford, Dr. Rompf . Her pulmonary Dr. is out of Tucson medical, part of the UofA. The Dr. that did her new banding was out of the UofA cardiology department. Yes the new meds and treatment are off the charts from just a few years ago.

Hang in there RR, as you can see from above post the new treatments are so advanced they can pretty much fix any heart issues.

Socalx09

Reaction score
You are in my prayers. Hoping the best and stay positive. Also, sending prayers for your wife with her pain and I’m sure it’s not easy watching you go through all this.

Keep us updated when you feel up to it.

rrrr

Reaction score
Keep your good attitude and positive thoughts going. It's hard to constantly do that, but it matters.

You and your wife are on my list, I think of you both often and send energy.

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
R R

Prayers to you and yours..

Stay strong!!!

Some like your honey needs you now more than the Man upstairs...

Godbless your Surgeons..

River Runnin

Reaction score
When shit gets real shit gets real! — They’re gonna send me home for a couple/few days while my numbers come up from the internet bleeding. I’ll need to find a place to rent for a couple months as our place isn’t conducive for my re-had.

River Runnin

Reaction score
Can we do a quick modification to your place ?

Add a ramp over a set of stairs

add a hand rail / grab bars in a shower type of thing….

Dont know what the conditions are like.
Thank you very much and if it were possible I'd sure jump on it. We have one of the big lots down here at Verde and wanting to put a new Park Model on it but that fooking pandemic and Health has slowed that down for to long. Even though a very nice 5th wheel, Making room for a sleeping/ Lift chair, Getting up the 3 steps to the restroom, shower, and bedroom, I won't be able to get in or out of the king bed, recliners, or office chair. But THANK YOU! for your awesome offer! 🥲

wash11

Reaction score
Not sure how this hit 3 pages yet this is the first time I've seen it. Amy and I are thinking about you guys.

Long Way Home

Dog Days of Summer!
Reaction score
Go slow and take your time you can make it…….
1681304674942.png

River Runnin

Reaction score
Well! I'm still here! I went in yesterday to see when I was gonna be scheduled and told He needs a couple more tests before that happens. He said not this week but likely the next, and put on list as soon as test date is confirmed! -- I told the Dr. -- I just hope I don't see you at the ER first! -- He says well if you do we'll just have to take care of it then! :) -- On the plus side, I need a lift chair delivered and can get some things sent to the condo for my recovery.

River Runnin

Reaction score
My testing is done! -- I called the DR office And found out the schedule is a month out! I said I'd be dead or in the ER very soon! Tomorrow! It's getting the better of me at this point! To short of breath, and to much Angina! -- They told me to go in, but got to get some stuff to the condo tomorrow first, then I'll head in.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
My testing is done! -- I called the DR office And found out the schedule is a month out! I said I'd be dead or in the ER very soon! Tomorrow! It's getting the better of meat this point! To short of breath, and to much Angina! -- They told me to go in, but got to get some stuff to the condo tomorrow first, then I'll head in.
What I've learned in the past few weeks is that they tend to listen to you when you're in the ER with an actual problem. You aren't going in whining about a stubbed toe or a paper cut...and I know you aren't going to be sweet and cuddly about it. Get your stuff handled, and get to the doc.
Good luck, hope you get a hot nurse;)