WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What’s Happening at the SPEED Center….. aKa old Hastings Building

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Wonder where the tires wheels are made?

any word on spare parts? Or a parts Department?

now that cars are on the way they need parts inventory on hand…

The tires are the same carcass and compound as other proven UTV tires, just with speed tread and branding.

Wheels - I have no idea who makes them. Reports so far are they aren’t soft junk like stock Can Am and Polaris OE wheels traditionally have been. They have the wheels at the Speed Center in Havasu, they look pretty good.

Parts - Havasu and Anaheim is gonna be your best bet. I would not own this car right now if you are far from either of those places. I don’t know what the Anaheim facility is looking like at the moment. I would imagine that will take time to prep and build out. No idea of the extent of parts that are floating around currently.

Reactions: DLC

EarpRider

Reaction score
Almost every car in that pic has a spare tire in the bed…..

View attachment 1271765

2 weeks….
Robby said awhile back that they are shipping cars with all kinds of accessories on them (spare tire) if you don't want it they'll take it off and keep it to sell to someone else in the future.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
The tires are the same carcass and compound as other proven UTV tires, just with speed tread and branding.

Wheels - I have no idea who makes them. Reports so far are they aren’t soft junk like stock Can Am and Polaris OE wheels traditionally have been. They have the wheels at the Speed Center in Havasu, they look pretty good.

Parts - Havasu and Anaheim is gonna be your best bet. I would not own this car right now if you are far from either of those places. I don’t know what the Anaheim facility is looking like at the moment. I would imagine that will take time to prep and build out. No idea of the extent of parts that are floating around currently.
Where is it, I can drive by and take pictures

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Same.. drove by yesterday. It’s an empty lot and nothing happening inside. I’ll take some pics if I remember today.

JayBreww

Reaction score
Just don't come back and tell us they need to prep the building to deliver cars 😂

This just happened, so I would not expect too much yet.
Yea cause we all know they prepped the Hasting building, looks like all they did was add some Speed Banners out front and they’re gettin by.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Yea cause we all know they prepped the Hasting building, looks like all they did was add some Speed Banners out front and they’re gettin by.

Remember how it was impossible for them to deliver cars with the building like that. It needed months of work. 😉

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Why is it that only the people without cars are whining that there are no reviews of the new cars yet?

As if these people are going to drop everything to review their car for them only to have the whiners say their review is biased?

These people waited 4 years for a car. You can wait a couple days.

JFMFG

Reaction score
Why is it that only the people without cars are whining that there are no reviews of the new cars yet?

As if these people are going to drop everything to review their car for them only to have the whiners say their review is biased? 😂
I actually am interested to hear your opinion once you get yours. You seem to spend a fair amount of time in sxs

El Rojo

Reaction score

As if these people are going to drop everything to review their car for them only to have the whiners say their review is biased?

Lol I thought this thread was about the building…but to answer your question, if they did own cars then they would just review it themselves. But they don’t, so they’re waiting on reviews from those that got them…🤷🏻‍♂️

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
I actually am interested to hear your opinion once you get yours. You seem to spend a fair amount of time in sxs
He does 3-5k miles a season. He is likely the best reviewer RDP could have

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

I will provide my honest feedback for sure.

I am very curious about the improvements to these cars since the first couple dozen. Supposedly the steering, brakes, decals and fit/finish is improved.

In the meantime, I think the Desert SXS guys will probably provide some of the best feedback. They are getting a Maverick R soon and have Pro Rs now. They also have their own test track. They picked up car 97 last weekend. They are taking it to Morgan Motorsports for some work it sounds like.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Lol I thought this thread was about the building…but to answer your question, if they did own cars then they would just review it themselves. But they don’t, so they’re waiting on reviews from those that got them…🤷🏻‍♂️

Then be patient. 😁

JFMFG

Reaction score
I will provide my honest feedback for sure.

I am very curious about the improvements to these cars since the first couple dozen. Supposedly the steering, brakes, decals and fit/finish is improved.

In the meantime, I think the Desert SXS guys will probably provide some of the best feedback. They are getting a Maverick R soon and have Pro Rs now. They also have their own test track. They picked up car 97 last weekend. They are taking it to Morgan Motorsports for some work it sounds like.

Any idea of time frame for your car?

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Any idea of time frame for your car?

They are saying November/December, but we know what that is worth 😂. They are in a better position to release more cars, but they aren't going to release them at full speed yet.

HCP3

Reaction score

This thread has been silent for 19 days until your post...

🤔

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score

yeah, what's another two weeks gonna hurt anyway ;)

Deckin Around

Reaction score

IMO SPEED is just shooting themselves so badly in the foot for not having the speed key ready so the power is demonstrated in more of those head-to-head shoot outs we will see soon. My canam has an Eco mode and “slow” key fob too. that’s basically what the speed car is running on, an underpowered tune.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
IMO SPEED is just shooting themselves so badly in the foot for not having the speed key ready so the power is demonstrated in more of those head-to-head shoot outs we will see soon. My canam has an Eco mode and “slow” key fob too. that’s basically what the speed car is running on, an underpowered tune.

I understand why they haven't released it yet, but I agree. This is the flip side of releasing the car to the public the way they have. We know exactly what we are getting, but we are also watching product validation and final testing in real time.

Its a tankful of e85 away from being the fastest production SXS which is very appealing for folks, but if there are failures at that power level it will be a problem.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

Driving this thing is like driving a two stroke.. I was just cruising around last night and it’s either in the power band and you are being pushed in the seat or it isn’t.. actually kinda hard to just “cruise”. Lol.

I think they want the motors broken in before they start running the big power ..

With all the bullshit on the internet though.. if these things start breaking it would be far worse than not giving the key yet

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Driving this thing is like driving a two stroke.. I was just cruising around last night and it’s either in the power band and you are being pushed in the seat or it isn’t.. actually kinda hard to just “cruise”. Lol.

I think they want the motors broken in before they start running the big power ..

With all the bullshit on the internet though.. if these things start breaking it would be far worse than not giving the key yet

You will know better than us soon, but from the folks that have driven them that seems accurate.. the boost curve is a soft and smooth, and then ramps up hard.

A Can Am for instance is really responsive and comes in quick, but it’s not a smooth.

Did they tell you there was a break in tune period until the car will run normally? Or do you have all the beans now?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
You will know better than us soon, but from the folks that have driven them that seems accurate.. the boost curve is a soft and smooth, and then ramps up hard.

A Can Am for instance is really responsive and comes in quick, but it’s not a smooth.

Did they tell you there was a break in tune period until the car will run normally? Or do you have all the beans now?

Near as I can tell it is 225 right out of the box..

I’m on the way back from Vegas now and will do some vids of it running etc.. I can tell you my can am was like a rubber band.. took awhile to wind up but kept pulling harder and harder as it did..

The speed feels literally like a two stroke.. 1/4 throttle cruising up McCulloch and if the incline changes at all the turbo spools and all of sudden you go from 35-50 with zero change in the throttle. It’s like a power band in a 2 stroke.

RD

HCP3

Reaction score
PXL_20230919_223658390.jpg

JM21

Reaction score
Near as I can tell it is 225 right out of the box..

I’m on the way back from Vegas now and will do some vids of it running etc.. I can tell you my can am was like a rubber band.. took awhile to wind up but kept pulling harder and harder as it did..

The speed feels literally like a two stroke.. 1/4 throttle cruising up McCulloch and if the incline changes at all the turbo spools and all of sudden you go from 35-50 with zero change in the throttle. It’s like a power band in a 2 stroke.

RD
I know it won't live on cement but sounds kind of annoying.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Well they are doing something with it. Two Speed trucks were there including the semi pictured.

Then maybe the rumors were wrong.. yet again 👍🏻

That’s good news.

I always thought that was such a weird spot to build a dealership.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
I know it won't live on cement but sounds kind of annoying.
Agreed. It definitely needs some kind of muffler sound tuning? I think I'd lose my mind listening to that all day, lol.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Agreed. It definitely needs some kind of muffler sound tuning? I think I'd lose my mind listening to that all day, lol.

They sound fine to me? They are on the quiet side in person actually.

As for the boost surge.. all these turbo cars do it to some degree. When you hit an incline it will make some more boost, even at steady state throttle.

This is a drivers UTV, it’s not going to be as refined as a Polaris or Can Am

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
I have a neighbor 6 doors away, that has some aftermarket exhaust on his Canam, I can hear him start his car inside my house. He has helmets and pumpers, otherwise it would be miserable riding around in that thing.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
It had fallen out of Escrow, but at the SSSS Robby said they closed escrow now, and it's their building.

Awesome. Hope you are enjoying your car so far. Interested in your feedback as a first time UTV owner.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I have a neighbor 6 doors away, that has some aftermarket exhaust on his Canam, I can hear him start his car inside my house. He has helmets and pumpers, otherwise it would be miserable riding around in that thing.

Guy 4 doors down has a Pro R. It’s that loud. It might even be stock lol

dirtslinger2

Reaction score
I did. I lost interest reading the arguing about how Speed should fix brake problems that have already been addressed 😂
I edited my comment, it's on RDC, not here, too many haters here. I didn't post it on RDC, but somebody screenshotted my reviews and posted it, so it's out for the haters now.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I edited my comment, it's on RDC, not here, too many haters here. I didn't post it on RDC, but somebody screenshotted my reviews and posted it, so it's out for the haters now.

Have you been told you are biased yet? I’ll have a look! Thanks for putting up with all the BS.

DoughBallin14

Reaction score
Just passed the Anaheim building(old Mercedes dealer on the 91).

Saw an empty car hauler and a few other small flat trailers trailers and a cargo trailer. Along with a open bay door and 2 speed cars being driven into the building. Looks like they could be active there soon like RG mentioned in his live video the other day.

Sorry to slow to grab pics from fast track lanes!

Maybe we need. Anaheim thread soon

Justsomeguy

Reaction score
Just passed the Anaheim building(old Mercedes dealer on the 91).

Saw an empty car hauler and a few other small flat trailers trailers and a cargo trailer. Along with a open bay door and 2 speed cars being driven into the building. Looks like they could be active there soon like RG mentioned in his live video the other day.

Sorry to slow to grab pics from fast track lanes!

Maybe we need. Anaheim thread soon
I live right there. I'll go by tomorrow.