WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

RV Roof re-seal?

Big B Hova

HOSS
Reaction score
Looking to get my 2005 toy hauler's roof re-sealed before the SUPER GODZILLA CHUCK NORRIS EL NINO hits us this winter. Located in the San Fernando Valley, CA. Any one know a guy? Or a decently priced shop?

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Im watching the thread, my coach needs a new rubber roof as well

Big B Hova

HOSS
Reaction score
I was going to do it myself, but I don't think my roof is BIG B HOVA rated! :thumbup:

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
My dad has just about always used Benchmark for his toy hauler. Don't know how well priced they are or if they are still around or what but they always treated my dad really well and did good work.

plaster dave

Face down A$$ up
Reaction score
Looking to get my 2005 toy hauler's roof re-sealed before the SUPER GODZILLA CHUCK NORRIS EL NINO hits us this winter. Located in the San Fernando Valley, CA. Any one know a guy? Or a decently priced shop?

Similar valley line-x does the roofs all the time.

thmterry

Reaction score
Acacia RV does all my work and is very good at what they do. Greg is the owner 
RV Repair Shop
Address: 295 N Hermosa Ave, Colton, CA 92324
Phone: (909) 824-9674

Joker

Reaction score
GacoFlex 100% silicone roofing. Do it yourself.

TLAW719

Reaction score
image.jpg

This should take care of it.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
My dad has just about always used Benchmark for his toy hauler. Don't know how well priced they are or if they are still around or what but they always treated my dad really well and did good work.

... Benchmark is still there they do good work...

...I Resealed my rubber roof but the product name escapes me for the moment..,very expensive products but it is what is used on rubber roof commercial buildings silican based very expensive... I will try to remember what it is the RV shops don't use it that I know of???...

...Google Gaco Roof...thats the stuff...

Big B Hova

HOSS
Reaction score
Thanks I've got a few places to call now! I'd do it my self but I'm seriously afraid I will fall through the top of my toy hauler! Its one of those "ultra light" I started to put weight in the middle of it and watched it flex like crazy. Need a skinny ass guy up there!

TLAW719

Reaction score
Thanks I've got a few places to call now! I'd do it my self but I'm seriously afraid I will fall through the top of my toy hauler! Its one of those "ultra light" I started to put weight in the middle of it and watched it flex like crazy. Need a skinny ass guy up there!

Fat guy problems. Lol :D:thumbup: the struggle is real.

Jefftowz

Formerly Old School Ultra
Reaction score
I need mine done as well. I'm in West Hills, Maybe we can get a 2fer?

Mine is a 30ft Southwind Storm

I'll call a mobile guy I spoke with last year and get a price, Do you want to re-seal or replace?

Jeff

Big B Hova

HOSS
Reaction score

I'll call a mobile guy I spoke with last year and get a price, Do you want to re-seal or replace?

Jeff

I need just a re-seal. Roof isnt torn or leaking to my knowledge. Hit him up, my brothers rv needs a re-seal too. 3fer deal!

Bigbore500r

Reaction score

Jeff
I need to do it also......in Lake Balboa
3some? [emoji1]

gqchris

Reaction score
I got a guy, priced well. Flakey though. And sometimes too busy.

His name is Robert. 858-566-9274

Did mine last year, plan on ordering all your Sunroofs etc now if needed. I replaced all my Max Airs and Vents also while he was up there. He removed my old decals also.

Attachments

• roof1.jpg
    roof1.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 163
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 107

plaster dave

Face down A$$ up
Reaction score

Jeff

I need just a re-seal. Roof isnt torn or leaking to my knowledge. Hit him up, my brothers rv needs a re-seal too. 3fer deal!

I need to do it also......in Lake Balboa
3some? [emoji1]

Call simi valley line-x and ask for Ramsey. He's the owner tell him Dave Petty sent you. Tell him you got 3 to do he will deal I'm pretty sure.

96motorhead

Reaction score
I did ours last year by myself and it took 3 hours or so and the lap sealant was expensive. I used 8 tubes I think at 9 dollars a piece. Hopefully this will give you an idea of the work involved when looking for quotes.

Pelon

Reaction score
Im watching the thread, my coach needs a new rubber roof as well

I had mine done at RV Spa in Upland across the street from Hub Cap Annie's. Lowest price of the 3 estimates I got. I was satisfied.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Call simi valley line-x and ask for Ramsey. He's the owner tell him Dave Petty sent you. Tell him you got 3 to do he will deal I'm pretty sure.
Ramsey is a good dude. Crazy on a dirt bike. Didn't realize he did RV roofs.

plaster dave

Face down A$$ up
Reaction score
Ramsey is a good dude. Crazy on a dirt bike. Didn't realize he did RV roofs.

Yes he is a good dude and sick on the bike. He owns line-x and Garrett trailers. He will line-x anything. Lol. They say it will last longer then the rv. [emoji3]

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Yes he is a good dude and sick on the bike. He owns line-x and Garrett trailers. He will line-x anything. Lol. They say it will last longer then the rv. [emoji3]
I knew he owned that line-x. Didn't know about Garrett trailers. Back when I worked at Noma Fabrication we built a sprinter van for him for a track day type set-up. I think it was for one of his clients.

plaster dave

Face down A$$ up
Reaction score
I knew he owned that line-x. Didn't know about Garrett trailers. Back when I worked at Noma Fabrication we built a sprinter van for him for a track day type set-up. I think it was for one of his clients.

Ya he picked it up about a year ago. It was a great fit for him with line-x.
I bet you got some good stories about Noma. Lol

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Ya he picked it up about a year ago. It was a great fit for him with line-x.
I bet you got some good stories about Noma. Lol
He does GREAT work and is very talented. Working for him was.... well.... interesting. Lol!

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
That's what I heard around the grapevine. Lol
I was told he sold the business. Not too sure if that's true or not. If it's not, I'd recommend him to anyone looking for trailer work to get done.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
... Before committing to anything I would seriously go online and Google...Gaco Flex... and try to find somebody,..a mobile guy or a shop that uses Gaco...Most amazing stuff it will not wear out...
... In my highly tainted opinion rubber roofs are the dumbest thing ever invented:yikes...
... Did it myself you clean the roof with their cleaner the old roof has to be in one piece or well patched...Roll on the eproxy primer and then roll on the white Gaco Flex... All three steps must be followed to the letter or no workie...

...Gaco contends that as silicone is derived from sand and can't wear out???...dunno???...

...Gaco Tutorial... http://youtu.be/p62wM-o1v3c

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
Fat guy problems. Lol :D:thumbup: the struggle is real.

Yep. Climbing the ladder on mine and every time I think I am sure putting a bunch of faith in sheet metal screws that are screwed into what? Styrofoam?

My Motor home will kill me. I am certain of it.

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
GacoFlex 100% silicone roofing. Do it yourself.

Where do you purchase Joker?

We do a ton of deck repairs and coatings but I don't use products like these because they are not designed to be walked on. Putting Pacific Polymers stuff on my rubber roof seems a bit overkill.

The website suggests a Rep be contacted. I will but if you have a goto the would be great.

Jefftowz

Reaction score
Any of you guys figure a guy in the SF Valley? I'm going to start calling around in the am.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
...Hmmm???...Is there a domestic goddess for hire section???...

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
I've been doing it the old fashioned way I guess... Nobody else uses this?

[ rubber-roof-treatment-gallon-1.jpg

Jefftowz

Reaction score
I just called Garrett, They remove all Vents, AC, and old rubber, Resheet with some sort of material and Rhino line for my 30 Ft rv he said about $3000.00

I'm going to call around and see what it cost to just do a normal RV re-seal..

I'll let you all know.

Jeff

Big B Hova

HOSS
Reaction score
So I found a mobile RV guy that does rv roof repair and detailing. His price is $375 material and labor. Which includes scraping off old caulking, pressure washing, priming and recoating. Also included is minor patching if needed. Told him my brother needs his rv done as well and he knocked the price down to $350. Getting it done this Saturday..... I will report back! His price is way cheaper than anyone I contacted. Even includes a free exterior wash and tire armorall!

purrfecttremor

Reaction score
These guys are one of the only ones I know of around us, not sure on roofs but they have been good on other things. They also are the only ones allowed to work the infield at the Speedway for Nascar.
http://www.elitemobilerv.com/

Hi kid, do they work on satalite tv? I recently bought a 2010 one owner and its in really good shap. The only problem is I added the original owners dish box to my sccount and it's on but the satellite Keeps tracking but never picks up anything. I hed the dish rv tech walk us through it and he said it was the satellite. It's 5year old technology and probably should be replaced. Can't remember the name of it (3 letters) but I noticed the carry wingard . I was thinking about taking it to camp world but maybe this is a better option.
thanks,
Bill

Jefftowz

Reaction score
So I found a mobile RV guy that does rv roof repair and detailing. His price is $375 material and labor. Which includes scraping off old caulking, pressure washing, priming and recoating. Also included is minor patching if needed. Told him my brother needs his rv done as well and he knocked the price down to $350. Getting it done this Saturday..... I will report back! His price is way cheaper than anyone I contacted. Even includes a free exterior wash and tire armorall!

If it looks good, I'll do mine asap!

Jeff