WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Speed UTV take 3

77charger

Reaction score
So that is what mine looks like currently. I didn’t order the bumpers. So they offer to take
Off any extra accessories you don’t want at the show before you take delivery.

I ended up keeping the bumpers telling them to ditch the side storage boxes and switch it to the last photo configuration.

Then I added the car cover so they got me for another 1358.00..

View attachment 1278962 View attachment 1278963 View attachment 1278965 View attachment 1278966 View attachment 1278967 View attachment 1278968 View attachment 1278969 View attachment 1278970 View attachment 1278972
Bigger cooler to hold them bullets

Travmon

Reaction score
Robby talking about the can-am

I swear Robby went to the same school as Trump when it comes to how to not be loved by all ! I am a big supporter of his program as he is energetic, ambitious and American , but for christ sakes you dont want people not buying your car or voting for you out of SPITE! As much as I want to support him I have a HUGE problem with his lack of tact , to do that video at the show ,shows every bit of that. Do your program, do it well , announce your achievements BUT if you cant do it without over criticizing your opponent get out of the game. They both have created most of the haters because they skipped school on “ tactful speaking day”. I have always believed until you die you never know what old door you may need to open , leave them all a bit ajar!

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
I swear Robby went to the same school as Trump when it comes to how to not be loved by all ! I am a big supporter of his program as he is energetic, ambitious and American , but for christ sakes you dont want people not buying your car or voting for you out of SPITE! As much as I want to support him I have a HUGE problem with his lack of tact , to do that video at the show ,shows every bit of that. Do your program, do it well , announce your achievements BUT if you cant do it without over criticizing your opponent get out of the game. They both have created most of the haters because they skipped school on “ tactful speaking day”. I have always believed until you die you never know what old door you may need to open , leave them all a bit ajar!
i will give Robby some credit that is really bad, like bolt in the weld bad. None the less Can am needs to step up their program.

bentprops

Reaction score
i will give Robby some credit that is really bad, like bolt in the weld bad. None the less Can am needs to step up their program.
No you see thats the new bump stop roll cage. It takes a large impact and crushes down like a bump stop into the rest of the cage. Reducing the impact force on the occupants. its freaking ingenous.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
No you see thats the new bump stop roll cage. It takes a large impact and crushes down like a bump stop into the rest of the cage. Reducing the impact force on the occupants. its freaking ingenous.
Ummm what?

Racedirt

Reaction score
The #187 car was the best looking one out of the group. Simple and clean looking. The number was a bonus. Congrats to that guy. My wife was hoping it was for sale. 😶
He drove through my neighborhood today, very clean looking.

Albacore

Reaction score
100% better chassis.
That new X3 at 100mph is not a good idea.
Your dead if you roll at that mph with that chassis.

Speed wins for safety. Even I can see that.
The speed will do over 100. I’ve seen it over 108 on a big test track they have to limit them into the mid-80s. Everybody does when they release them to the public. Once you get it you can do what you want change the tune change the ECU whatever

Another thing you have to do is a J turn test most of the other manufacturers have to lower their cars to perform this test and pass it Speeds stock height that you will get it at passes this test

I have personally seen so many Polaris‘s and Can-Am‘s over the years, rolled over and helped pull them back on their four wheels due to the fact that people lift these things back up high, and they just don’t perform well under normal user conditions. No, you stick a guy that knows how to drive and knows how a car should feel. Yeah they’re not as tippy, but that’s because of the persons driving ability you stick average Joe, or your girlfriend you better tell them to be careful.

If you’re one, that believes that the new Can-Am is a lot better of a vehicle, I would agree with you. That means the older designs were actually shitty and Robbie wasn’t exactly wrong.

Fishd00d

Reaction score
I went to the show for a bit today and checked out the cars. Once again they look really good. I like the look and really like the bed. Robby is ready to do some racing at NORRA with them and im excited to race against him at the 1000 next year. The 2 seat bandit or whatever it is looks good also.

I still have my same concerns as above as far as how reliable they are though. Time will tell and 30 people picked theirs up Saturday night he said as about half were gone today already.

One other major concern I have is how the whole front end is built into one big bulkhead. If you rip a a-arm mount off then you need to replace the whole bulkhead it seems, if your front diff explodes it could take out the whole bulkhead as well. While its a cool design having it all in one I dont know how thats gonna be for a large market vehicle.

FlyByWire

I just work here
Reaction score
What am I missing?

Video on IG says Gibson couldn’t start it because it has several leaks and Robby washed his hands of it because they fucked with the exhaust.

ZSTIV

Reaction score
I went to the show for a bit today and checked out the cars. Once again they look really good. I like the look and really like the bed. Robby is ready to do some racing at NORRA with them and im excited to race against him at the 1000 next year. The 2 seat bandit or whatever it is looks good also.

I still have my same concerns as above as far as how reliable they are though. Time will tell and 30 people picked theirs up Saturday night he said as about half were gone today already.

One other major concern I have is how the whole front end is built into one big bulkhead. If you rip a a-arm mount off then you need to replace the whole bulkhead it seems, if your front diff explodes it could take out the whole bulkhead as well. While its a cool design having it all in one I dont know how thats gonna be for a large market vehicle.
The front diff has been brought up before, but this design is what they use in the Unicorn (TT) its actually a three pieces design. So if you for example were to tear off the right front tabs, only that side has to be replaced, not the whole thing. The diff is also a structural component to the car. RG has beaten those test cars up pretty good, and I dont believe you will have an issue with it, those tabs are huge, and if you do, more than likely its a total loss insurance claim lol.

ZSTIV

Reaction score
Video on IG says Gibson couldn’t start it because it has several leaks and Robby washed his hands of it because they fucked with the exhaust.

IMG_3107.jpg

Dont listen to lances fake news, the guy that posted to video as well comes back into the chat about how he likes the car lol
Shits going to happen, but spreading BS is irritating.

FlyByWire

I just work here
Reaction score
View attachment 1279160
Dont listen to lances fake news, the guy that posted to video as well comes back into the chat about how he likes the car lol

Oh well shit that’s good news.

No dog in this fight as I have a Turbo R. I’d absolutely get a Speed car after RD loans me his and they get all the bugs worked out. 😜

yz450mm

Reaction score
View attachment 1279160
That boardmanville Lance dude is a fucking clown. He should spend more time trying to figure out how to serve better food at his shitty bar than trying to blame Robby Gordon for all his problems in life. We get it dude, you don't like RG.

Last edited:

topdog521

Reaction score

Same same but different.

How come Toby/Paul couldn't finish the 400?

Answer: shit happens. And that's a $1M TT.

Fishd00d

Reaction score
Same same but different.

How come Toby/Paul couldn't finish the 400?

Answer: shit happens. And that's a $1M TT.
Exactly my point, when you are designing stuff based off a TT then when shit fails its not an easy fix lol. TT's are not driven by complete idiots most of the time and they still break......now put complete idiots in a UTV and good luck.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Well for any of the haters on here 113 is gonna be in my garage in 30 minutes.. I’m always down for someone to check it out or go for a ride!

I’m tired of all the fake news on the internet.. opinions of people that have never been in one (or in most cases even been around one).

If everyone took the time to watch the live videos there is an incredible amount of information in them and answers to why they did what they did and how.

The car is here now and the second one will be here shortly.

Offroad rarely transfers to video with how big shit actually is but we will have videos soon enough!

RD

Deckin Around

Reaction score
Anyone have a video of the Speed with a Gibson exhaust running? Curious how it sounds.

I contacted Gibson and took my brand new XP 900 to them in 2011. It was one of the first 900's to hit the dealers so they would develop an exhaust kit and give me one for free.
I watched the whole 2 hour “development process” and never did that car have a flow meter hooked to it nor was it ever anywhere near a dyno.
All they did was try 3 different muff cans and different bends to make a single header/muffler kit and a dual kit. They just tacked the pieces together then used a db meter to check the tone. Nobody had any clue if either of those kits were beneficial to performance. I was really disappointed.
Pay for that noise if you want👍🏻 I guarantee you the engineers who created the engine for Speed thought a lot more about the exhaust function than Gibson.

Last edited:

attitude

Reaction score
I contacted Gibson and took my brand new XP 900 to them in 2011. It was one of the first 900's to hit the dealers so they would develop an exhaust kit and give me one for free.
I watched the whole 2 hour “development process” and never did that car have a flow meter hooked to it nor was it ever anywhere near a dyno.
All they did was try 3 different muff cans and different bends to make a single muffler kit and a dual kit. They just tacked the pieces together then used a db meter to check the tone. Nobody had any clue if either of those kits were beneficial to performance. I was really disappointed.
Pay for that noise if you want👍🏻 I guarantee you the engineers who created the engine for Speed thought a lot more about the exhaust function than Gibson.
I’m not a Speed owner, just curious how it sounds. Every UTV sounds neutered when it comes out of the factory, a simple slip-on usually makes a world of difference.

Reactions: DWC

outboard_256

Reaction score
I’m not a Speed owner, just curious how it sounds. Every UTV sounds neutered when it comes out of the factory, a simple slip-on usually makes a world of difference.

I personally don't like how the stock speed sounds. I can see many people changing exhausts to change the sound/looks even if performance isn't improved.

Deckin Around

Reaction score

I admit it sounded really good. 😄 Deep tone. MUCH better than the fools making their modded turbo cars snap crackle and pop like gunshots in the middle of crowds of kids.
I did not hear a stock speed car reved up however so I can't compare it to the gibson.

outboard_256

Reaction score
Well for any of the haters on here 113 is gonna be in my garage in 30 minutes.. I’m always down for someone to check it out or go for a ride!

I’m tired of all the fake news on the internet.. opinions of people that have never been in one (or in most cases even been around one).

If everyone took the time to watch the live videos there is an incredible amount of information in them and answers to why they did what they did and how.

Offroad rarely transfers to video with how big shit actually is but we will have videos soon enough!

RD

That is great news. Let us know how the steering and brakes are. They suppose to have fixed those so wondering how well the fixes are.

702sandman

Reaction score

RD

I ran into your delivery guy at Lenwood getting gas, I told him to unload it and let’s rip it in the parking lot 😂😂
we were on our way home from the Baja 400. First time I’ve ever missed the sand show.

9BFDD757-DA91-4441-93A3-22E7D80CCBE5.jpeg

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
That is great news. Let us know how the steering and brakes are. They suppose to have fixed those so wondering how well the fixes are.
Internet works out well for you,your posts are the same vain & attitude no matter the subject or thread. For instance the constant bullshit remarks re:Speed UTV threads & the build thread regarding converted Tour Bus into RV just about built & completed by the guy and his wife on their own. Total rebuild & conversion,they ripped seats out & gutted the thing. First trip out they completed coast to coast round trip and many trips since. Both RG & the Bus/RV people got it done.
Steering,Brakes, sound of motor ? WTF is next poor gas gas milage? LMAO

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
I ran into your delivery guy at Lenwood getting gas, I told him to unload it and let’s rip it in the parking lot 😂😂
we were on our way home from the Baja 400. First time I’ve ever missed the sand show.

View attachment 1279203
Good to see Jake’s hat is still clean after the weekend!!! LOL

Warlock1

Reaction score
So that is what mine looks like currently. I didn’t order the bumpers. So they offer to take
Off any extra accessories you don’t want at the show before you take delivery.

I ended up keeping the bumpers telling them to ditch the side storage boxes and switch it to the last photo configuration.

Then I added the car cover so they got me for another 1358.00..

View attachment 1278962 View attachment 1278963 View attachment 1278965 View attachment 1278966 View attachment 1278967 View attachment 1278968 View attachment 1278969 View attachment 1278970 View attachment 1278972
Its awesome seeing this car and realizing my XX has many of the same design elements in it. I wish things wouldn't have went so south between AC and RG.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Radio silence after the car showed up? Where’s the pics and video Dave?

sandshark1

Reaction score
The Speed UTVs looked good and it was cool to see the different wraps. I like the El Diablo and that storage space. The Bandit looked cool too

el diablo.jpeg

Attachments

• bandit.jpeg
    bandit.jpeg
    205.8 KB · Views: 50

Fishd00d

Reaction score
You have the most prominent media voice in offroad promoting the fact that designing lower end, end user cars off the top of the line racecars in the sport is a bad thing.

Think about that for a moment.

It is incredibly disingenuous to claim using more technology or an out of the box idea to be regressive because "complete idiots" cannot use it.

We know where your opinion lies and we know which pocket the money sits.

Your opinion is tired and repetitive. As a steward of the sport you should be ashamed of the bias you hold.
I still stand by my opinion. I totally understand what RG is trying to do. Its a great design and a good "race" design. But for a 45K car that is going to be driven by people who have never driven anything in their life I don't know if its a great idea to have parts that if they break you have to replace a large portion (lots of $$) of the car to fix it. Where did I say that using more technology is a bad thing?

Over 50% of UTV drivers are complete idiots, just goto Glamis or Ocotillo Wells on a holiday weekend and we can count the numbers haha.

By the way I don't hold a bias either. I actually talk to the Can-Am marketing guys all the time and will be doing some stuff with the Maverick R soon too.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

RD

Congrats Dave. 👏👏👏

Albacore

Reaction score
That boardmanville Lance dude is a fucking clown, and puts the douche in douchebag. He should spend more time trying to figure out how to serve better food at his shitty bar than trying to blame Robby Gordon for all his problems in life. We get it dude, you don't like RG.
He actually has a criminal record, and I consider what he did pretty serious. Could be life-threatening to people that are involved in those planes Look into it yourself if you want to find all the details.

topdog521

Reaction score
He actually has a criminal record, and I consider what he did pretty serious. Could be life-threatening to people that are involved in those planes Look into it yourself if you want to find all the details.

What's even worse, I thought the whole serving shitty frozen pizzas was a joke or shit talking on him.

I went on his google page (never been to boardmanville) and its not shit talk. The guy actually sells red baron pizzas out of his bar.

I don't know whether to be sad or embarrassed for the guy. This guy is running around social following every single update about RG and shitting on him, and he is serving red baron pizzas? What a fucking joke.
Capture123.JPG

sandshark1

Reaction score
I still stand by my opinion. I totally understand what RG is trying to do. Its a great design and a good "race" design. But for a 45K car that is going to be driven by people who have never driven anything in their life I don't know if its a great idea to have parts that if they break you have to replace a large portion (lots of $$) of the car to fix it. Where did I say that using more technology is a bad thing?

Over 50% of UTV drivers are complete idiots, just goto Glamis or Ocotillo Wells on a holiday weekend and we can count the numbers haha.

By the way I don't hold a bias either. I actually talk to the Can-Am marketing guys all the time and will be doing some stuff with the Maverick R soon too.

To your point I think people that are not use to driving a UTV will think they can hit stuff at greater speeds because RG designed it. They may take more chances.

That bulkhead and the suspension tabs are beefy. It would take a major wreck or some shitty casting to destroy the tabs. But shit happens when off-roading. If a million dollar trophy truck can destroy beefed up parts so can a UTV.

DWC

Reaction score

RD
Where are the pics and ride update? We’ll be out this weekend. Looking forward to seeing it.

HCP3

Reaction score
Yeah, was actually thinking there would be pics up this morning. 🤷‍♂️. I’m not giving up hope though!

18 minutes left to go this morning. Still time.

Reactions: DWC

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
What's even worse, I thought the whole serving shitty frozen pizzas was a joke or shit talking on him.

I went on his google page (never been to boardmanville) and its not shit talk. The guy actually sells red baron pizzas out of his bar.

I don't know whether to be sad or embarrassed for the guy. This guy is running around social following every single update about RG and shitting on him, and he is serving red baron pizzas? What a fucking joke. View attachment 1279338

Fox’s used to have a little pizza oven down in the bar, late nights, you’d be begging one of the bar tenders to make a frozen pizza. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Badchoices03

Reaction score

I don't know whether to be sad or embarrassed for the guy. This guy is running around social following every single update about RG and shitting on him, and he is serving red baron pizzas? What a fucking joke. View attachment 1279338

Dude has a little bar in the middle of no where...nobody goes there looking for gourmet pizza...most people that go there are just going to drink beers...a warmed up frozen pizza is just a bonus....what are people gonna complain about next, the hotdogs are from a package?

Fishd00d

Reaction score
Dude has a little bar in the middle of no where...nobody goes there looking for gourmet pizza...most people that go there are just going to drink beers...a warmed up frozen pizza is just a bonus....what are people gonna complain about next, the hotdogs are from a package?
Seriously wtf??? Those pizzas are priceless if you are there and hungry! I dont see what people dont understand about this. The guy is super smart to sell pizza and beer in the middle of the sand dunes!!!