WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Speed UTV take 3

sandshark1

Reaction score
Where are the pictures of the delivered cars out in the desert or in the garage? Did the people have to sign something saying they would not post or talk about their Speed UTV? Is Speed UTV like fight club? LMAO!!!

I would think people would be posting everywhere about their new rides.

Badchoices03

Reaction score
What day are you getting yours picked up for you?

I pick up mine on Sunday, and headed out to Golden Shores. I'll most likely offroad it over to my Moms Monday, and hopefully meet ya when you drop of the cart.

Did you get your car? How was the first ride?

MeCasa16

Reaction score
Frozen pizzas at a bar in the midwest are very common… You can find them anywhere. As a customer, it’s cheap, consistent, quick, and delicious. From a bar owner, the bartender can do it, you don’t need a kitchen, and it quick, convenient, and cheap. Win, win, win.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Seriously wtf??? Those pizzas are priceless if you are there and hungry! I dont see what people dont understand about this. The guy is super smart to sell pizza and beer in the middle of the sand dunes!!!

Hungry, drunk, hungover, whatever!

I wonder if these same haters complain about the food and service at Desert Bar?

😜

topdog521

Reaction score
Hungry, drunk, hungover, whatever!

I wonder if these same haters complain about the food and service at Desert Bar?

😜

Never been to the desert bar either. I have a feeling you are being obtuse or else I would have serious concerns for your mental health if you think red baron pizzas compared to this are acceptable:

o (1).jpg

o.jpg

Albacore

Reaction score
Dude has a little bar in the middle of no where...nobody goes there looking for gourmet pizza...most people that go there are just going to drink beers...a warmed up frozen pizza is just a bonus....what are people gonna complain about next, the hotdogs are from a package?
I would agree when you’re drunk and you’re hungry or you’re just hungry for whatever reason the pizzas not the bad, but I don’t know what is the deal between him and RG.

Albacore

Reaction score
Looking forward to the car review for any and all that got theirs this week. The guy with the Barbie car was pretty happy. He had posted on another thread, and on Instagram that it has worked out very well on his first day he went back out today again.

bonesfab

Reaction score
Surprised Dave didn't have Jake meet him at the airport waiting for him to drive it home. That would have been a good break in run.

stonehenge

Reaction score
Not going to comment on any feud between those two. Great entertainment though.

And defending frozen pizza cooked on a bbq in the middle of glamis would be very biased, I'm a fat drunk guy who has spent thousands of dollars at boardmanville on their beers and pizza. lol

I did get this picture of DEVO one morning over at BMV.
devo.jpg

Last edited:

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Never been to the desert bar either. I have a feeling you are being obtuse or else I would have serious concerns for your mental health if you think red baron pizzas compared to this are acceptable:

View attachment 1279435

View attachment 1279436

The Desert Bar closes at Sunset, try ordering a Gyro at a bar at 1am, then you’ll appreciate a frozen pizza. 🙄

topdog521

Reaction score
The Desert Bar closes at Sunset, try ordering a Gyro at a bar at 1am, then you’ll appreciate a frozen pizza. 🙄
Who orders gyros from bars? Especially at 1AM? You guys must drink heavily.

Either way nobody is going to convince me just because thats all the place has it is good or acceptable.

Thats like saying the pickled eggs at Iron Door are good or the (human) bacon at the Desert Rose was acceptable or edible.

Badchoices03

Reaction score
Who orders gyros from bars? Especially at 1AM? You guys must drink heavily.

Either way nobody is going to convince me just because thats all the place has it is good or acceptable.

Thats like saying the pickled eggs at Iron Door are good or the (human) bacon at the Desert Rose was acceptable or edible.

What everyone is saying is that nobody goes there for pizza, Boardmanville is just a beer stop for most people so nobody is expecting a great pizza...I have never heard anyone say, lets go to Boardmanville for food....

Groper

Reaction score
Not going to comment on any feud between those two. Great entertainment though.

And defending frozen pizza cooked on a bbq in the middle of glamis would be very biased, I'm a fat drunk guy who has spent thousands of dollars at boardmanville on their beers and pizza. lol

I did get this picture of DEVO one morning over at BMV.
View attachment 1279441
I resemble your statement LOL, do you remember the Taco Trailer parked out front of BV?
It actually was pretty good on some days haha and for Pizza it was always the General Store bar upstairs :D

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
What do you think he is gonna say?

Rd: best car I have owned. Handles great! Stops great. Plenty fast. “Feels faster than my can am” I feel safe.

The ride report isn’t gonna differ much than this
It's gonna read like a love letter, he might even write a song. 🤣

Last edited:

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
LOL! Over 50 cars delivered this weekend and only pictures are River Dave's and few of people with them on trailers. You would think after waiting several years for delivery they would all be posting pictures and taking them for rides.
They prolly can’t get them out of park

Hahah kidding

JFMFG

Reaction score
I’m sure we will see a honest review today. Dave seems to be a straight shooter.

dirtslinger2

Reaction score
I went to the show for a bit today and checked out the cars. Once again they look really good. I like the look and really like the bed. Robby is ready to do some racing at NORRA with them and im excited to race against him at the 1000 next year. The 2 seat bandit or whatever it is looks good also.

I still have my same concerns as above as far as how reliable they are though. Time will tell and 30 people picked theirs up Saturday night he said as about half were gone today already.

One other major concern I have is how the whole front end is built into one big bulkhead. If you rip a a-arm mount off then you need to replace the whole bulkhead it seems, if your front diff explodes it could take out the whole bulkhead as well. While its a cool design having it all in one I dont know how thats gonna be for a large market vehicle.
The diff is modular, you don't need an entire new case, just what ever broke.

sandshark1

Reaction score
Damn thats crazy the car is overheating with a windshield in it just going 35 mph. Something doesnt seem right. They would have tested that you would think! Have you checked the fans to make sure they are all working and blowing the correct way?

P.S. Thats your oil tank in the right rear wheel well. Dont put coolant in there haha!

I believe RG had stated in one of the videos if it is warm out you might want to remove the windshield to keep things cool. Windshields on hots days suck no matter what SXS you drive.

sandshark1

Reaction score
Something’s I forgot..

The brakes are a joke.. that’s coming from a guy that had 34’s on a can am.. I thought those things were weak af..

Possible solution would be much softer brake pads? I dunno I’m gonna have pat take a look at it and see what he thinks. I’m not spending 4-5k on that brembo deal..

If I ordered one today I probably would.. but I’m balls deep into three of these things and that’s a lot of coin

RD

Do you know if your car has the different compound brake pads they tested that were allegedly better?

evantwheeler

Reaction score
Sept 24-30. Come on out! We are doing rides everyday to different spots!
A group of 10 of us will be in Settler's Point for the same dates. 1 speed car, a bunch of jeeps, and a couple of land cruisers.

dirtslinger2

Reaction score
No time to give a quick review, just got home from AZ.

I will say though, there are a lot of pics and videos of folks riding this weekend. One guy put 100 miles on his already.

Also, that Gibson video that Lance posted is complete BS, read the comments, that guy never owned the car, Speed did not turn their backs on them, nor tell them their warranty was voided. I watched the car drive over to the Speed booth, and James Lin was all up in it.

Resized_20230918_085306.jpeg

jesco

Reaction score
No time to give a quick review, just got home from AZ.

I will say though, there are a lot of pics and videos of folks riding this weekend. One guy put 100 miles on his already.

Also, that Gibson video that Lance posted is complete BS, read the comments, that guy never owned the car, Speed did not turn their backs on them, nor tell them their warranty was voided. I watched the car drive over to the Speed booth, and James Lin was all up in it.

View attachment 1279783
Great looking car, I like how you can choose color scheme. Question, are their nets SFI rated? I know theres guys wanting to race the 2 seaters, just wondering if they have a rating. I know at the Mint they check for the SFI label.

Fishd00d

Reaction score
Great looking car, I like how you can choose color scheme. Question, are their nets SFI rated? I know theres guys wanting to race the 2 seaters, just wondering if they have a rating. I know at the Mint they check for the SFI label.
No I did not see any SFI stickers on the nets.

ZSTIV

Reaction score
Well like I said that is the quick and dirty version. I forgot a lot of stuff in the video because I am
Holding the camera trying to remember everything hung over and late af to pickup the wife.. lol

If ya want to come drive it and give your honest opinions you are more than welcome

(fans are all working correctly by the way)
Hey Dave,
RG has stated that you will need to run with the windshield off when temps are over 75-80 degrees I believe.
Car looks sick!
Can't wait for mine!

dirtslinger2

Reaction score
I did not see an SFI rating, and I seriously doubt they are.

Good news, is they velcro onto the frame, and I think it would be easy to have someone stich up some SFI rated nets.

77charger

Reaction score
Dude has a little bar in the middle of no where...nobody goes there looking for gourmet pizza...most people that go there are just going to drink beers...a warmed up frozen pizza is just a bonus....what are people gonna complain about next, the hotdogs are from a package?
No shit lol. And if they served real food they’d bitch about the price or crowds.

Personally I go for the beers if I go.

Groper

Reaction score
LOL! Over 50 cars delivered this weekend and only pictures are River Dave's and few of people with them on trailers. You would think after waiting several years for delivery they would all be posting pictures and taking them for rides.
Hahahahah I'd be on the 5 o'clock new,s while flying down Mccullock Blvd jumping over the London Bridge and landing on the Island. :D