WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Speed UTV take 3

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I find it laughable that we have an entire page of arguing about whether or not 8th place means DNF or actually 8th place.. lol

Seriously guys.. pull your pants up
And try a different prop.

It's a legit decussion. I mean, if he crossed the finish line 2 weeks from now, would it count?

But looking at the official race results, he took an 8th place finish.

Also, the actual DNF's are posted on there as well.

Why some people are saying different, is odd. 🤷‍♂️

Havaduner

Never home on weekends
Reaction score
This will make things more interesting I'm guessing.
San Felipe 250 will be fun.

If I remember correctly 702sandman had been hinting at something to come from Polaris.

Interesting, while they talk about improvements over the Pro R, no specifics are given, and it says these cars were built for their new race team, doesn't say anything about being available to the general public. Wonder how long it will take some of these "improvements" to make it to the showroom floor???

BabyRay

Reaction score
I am just fascinated on how much effort some of these guys put into something that they have no stake in.. it’s crazy to watch
You’re sitting on a gold mine; Interactive Reality TV. 😉

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
It's a legit decussion. I mean, if he crossed the finish line 2 weeks from now, would it count?

But looking at the official race results, he took an 8th place finish.

Also, the actual DNF's are posted on there as well.

Why some people are saying different, is odd. 🤷‍♂️
I agree. Let’s say the running back had only 98 yards. But after the time ran out they ran 2 more plays. Doesn’t mean he ends up 127 yards. Time is over. They don’t count. You can do whatever you want after the fact.

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
Apparently, a few people in this thread! 🤣
And I don’t really think I care at all. But I find it as funny as Dave I guess. If you have a hand in this deal you’re defensive. If you don’t you’re not. 🤷
I’m just reading through these watching the NCAA tournament. No stress at all. Lol.

Joker

Reaction score
I agree. Let’s say the running back had only 98 yards. But after the time ran out they ran 2 more plays. Doesn’t mean he ends up 127 yards. Time is over. They don’t count. You can do whatever you want after the fact.
I've often said I lasted 5 minutes but came in 2, the wife would say its 2 not 5. It is what it it is. I ain't popping no cork based on a poor performance.

Santee_Native

Reaction score

702sandman

Reaction score
This will make things more interesting I'm guessing.
San Felipe 250 will be fun.

If I remember correctly 702sandman had been hinting at something to come from Polaris.

This has been in the works for over a year now. It’s basically a pro R designed by Polaris and built mostly in house by the engineers we have helping out with the race team, then in a sence got subbed out to be ran. these Will be available for sale, but id say for now the racers are going to be developing these cars to see what works and what doesn’t. San Felipe will be the first race in them.

riverroyal

Reaction score
I am just fascinated on how much effort some of these guys put into something that they have no stake in.. it’s crazy to watch
The fascinating part to 'non skin in the game' people are fascinated that someone would give money to a start up which has missed deadlines
The missed deadline part is fascinating in the fact that the 'give money' people are not going ape shit pissed. That these 'give money people' are okay being along for the ride.
It's not a hate or hater thing. I doubt anyone hates speed or Bobby. He seems like a decent human.

At this point the 'no skin in game' people have the upper hand. The advantage.
So for every slip up it's a feast of 'I told you so'
Then, as the 'skin in game' people try to defend the car/business/Bobby they open themselves up to more 'I told you so's"

It's a viscous cycle.
Car is almost done
Car is broke
Shit talk starts
Skin in game people get defense
Then it starts over
Car is almost done....

The only way to stop this cycle is for speed to stop the social stuff. If nobody knows their every move theres nothing to shit on.
But.....they won't stop. They are in too deep.
This hole was dug by speed. They are now stuck in the bottom until these get in garages and start coming to port in large numbers

Confused yet 😁
Also, as a example to Dave or others. My entire day is full of promises and broken commitments. A lot of us live this all month long. It's tough out there! So this speed topic is super easy to jump on the train. It's no effort, it comes almost naturally. Right or wrong that's humans in 2023.

It's almost delivered, so close. For me as a utv enthusiast speed has shown way too much now. There's a certain addiction to non stop social.
I'm not a buyer but I HAVE to know what's going on. It's really easy to get a fix when new information pops up daily.

That's it. Lol. Dryer is done gotta fold. 😁
Also, contrary to what many think the vast majority wish the company success. Even the shit talkers are quietly cheering.

Fast forward x years and sitting at speed sushi bar after driving a speed car there would be pretty kick ass. Also fantastic for the town

DWC

Reaction score
The fascinating part to 'non skin in the game' people are fascinated that someone would give money to a start up which has missed deadlines
The missed deadline part is fascinating in the fact that the 'give money' people are not going ape shit pissed. That these 'give money people' are okay being along for the ride.
It's not a hate or hater thing. I doubt anyone hates speed or Bobby. He seems like a decent human.

Then, as the 'skin in game' people try to defend the car/business/Bobby they open themselves up to more 'I told you so's"

It's a viscous cycle.
Car is almost done
Car is broke
Shit talk starts
Then it starts over
Car is almost done....

The only way to stop this cycle is for speed to stop the social stuff. If nobody knows their every move theres nothing to shit on.
This hole was dug by speed. They are now stuck in the bottom until these get in garages and start coming to port in large numbers

Confused yet 😁
Also, as a example to Dave or others. My entire day is full of promises and broken commitments. A lot of us live this all month long. It's tough out there! So this speed topic is super easy to jump on the train. It's no effort, it comes almost naturally. Right or wrong that's humans in 2023.

It's almost delivered, so close. For me as a utv enthusiast speed has shown way too much now. There's a certain addiction to non stop social.
I'm not a buyer but I HAVE to know what's going on. It's really easy to get a fix when new information pops up daily.

Also, contrary to what many think the vast majority wish the company success. Even the shit talkers are quietly cheering.

Fast forward x years and sitting at speed sushi bar after driving a speed car there would be pretty kick ass. Also fantastic for the town
That would be cool. I just want to keep up with the Pro R people. 😁

riverroyal

Reaction score
That would be cool. I just want to keep up with the Pro R people. 😁
No shit. I feel pretty inferior in the x3 now.

Last week DWC, me, my bro in law and sister and bullhead bully went to topoc in the SxS's
The Pro R is no joke. I followed it for 30 miles watching the suspension and agility.
Theres no question it's much better than a x3. Also more expensive.

Reactions: DWC

Bullhead bully

Reaction score
No shit. I feel pretty inferior in the x3 now.

Last week DWC, me, my bro in law and sister and bullhead bully went to topoc in the SxS's
The Pro R is no joke. I followed it for 30 miles watching the suspension and agility.
Theres no question it's much better than a x3. Also more expensive.
That was a fun ride. I really loved the X3 and can’t say ANYTHING bad about it. The Pro R is just the next level evolution. (7 years in the making quietly until it was relaesed )
I guarantee you Can Am is working on their version to compete with it ! I’m sure it won’t disappoint, But not release anything until they are tested and ready.

HTTP404

New But Seasoned Inmate #2002
Reaction score
I made a little poem about Speed UTV.

Speed UTV, promised to be the best, A UTV unlike any other, put to the test, Announced in 2019, with great fanfare, Claiming it'd be released in 2020, a vision so rare.

Its speed was unmatched, its quality high, Promises made, that reached for the sky, But as 2023 rolls on by, No one has it in their garage, no one to apply.

For all the hype and all the talk, No one has felt the speed, no one to unlock, The potential promised, the dream so grand, But here we are, with just empty land.

What happened to the best UTV made, The one that was supposed to be our aid, To conquer hills, and race so fast, To be the one that would forever last.

We wait and wonder, will it ever come, Or was it all just a clever sum, Of empty promises and broken dreams, Of something that's not quite what it seems.

Speed UTV, we'll see what happens, Whether it's a dud or a true captain, Of the UTV world, we'll have to wait, And hope that the wait isn't too late.

Skywonders

Banned
Reaction score
Interesting, while they talk about improvements over the Pro R, no specifics are given, and it says these cars were built for their new race team, doesn't say anything about being available to the general public. Wonder how long it will take some of these "improvements" to make it to the showroom floor???
Probably before any speed cars make it to customers

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Not sure if this has been posted before...

Customer Deliveries "Speed" Up for UTV that Rivals Polaris and Can-Am​

A Speed UTV V-8 version is coming for extra Robby Gordon power.​

speed-utv-launch-drive-event-2023-14.jpg

69hondo

Reaction score
You all make the Ford/Chevy debate look like nothing and that has been going on for 100 years.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

It's a viscous cycle.
Car is almost done
Car is broke
Shit talk starts
Then it starts over
Car is almost done....

Confused yet 😁

Day 1 they announce and have two wildcats there that are stretched two seaters, made into 4 seaters.

Original deposit is 1500.00 total price is like 31k.. this was again taking factory cars and stretching them to a four seater and dialing in suspension.

Awhile later they decide to build their own chassis ground up. After that they decide more HP is necessary. So they decided to build an engine (ground up). then they just took the ball and changed everything right down to the tires.

To pull off a ground up design in motor trans cassis etc is impressive in this short of time frame.. plus they are honoring the Original price.

The haters in this thread keep saying they are falling short. They sold us a modification.. they are building is a mini trophy truck for the same
Price and are honoring the original price..

They aren’t falling short they are going way above and beyond their commitment, and they have done it in a timeline that would be considered borderline impossible.

The original car was sold Too cheap IMO.. it shoulda been in the 40 range. The new car when it’s dialed should be in the 70-80+ range depending on how carried away with it you get.

RD

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Should be noted I bought on day 1. I said the stretched deal with suspension was “cheap” for what you were buying..

I bought a can am four seater rr the same day for more $$ then dumped another 25-30 into it.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Since I’m on a roll here.. every time some little hiccup happens all the haters say “oh shit! This is it!!” “He stole your money you Just wait and see!”

This transmission thing was a great example of that. All over the internet it was “this is the thing that does them in.” We can go over the 100 things before that if ya want.

That’s the perspective of the internet hater because they have no perspective. Most of these guys are never “has beens” that really haven’t ever gone out and created something on their own from the ground up. I don’t mean that in terms of a sxs, or a product line. I mean anything, like a business, or something that you have to dedicate yourself too more than anything in your life, including your family or even yourself.

A little more on the perspective front.. omg they gotta buy back however many transmissions!! Haters think it’s huge because they imagine having to nut that number and it would hurt them personally..

Here’s reality.. if they had to purchase back all the original cars that are out right now it would equate to about two months of insurance premiums for the company.

They are operating at a level that most aren’t capable of comprehending because they are spending more money each day than most make in a year.

Prime example.. just the insurance for this company (not staff, not tooling, not production, not any of the actual expensive parts) is 350,000.00 a month.

20-30 transmissions…. And a couple hundred castings isn’t even a blip on the radar.

Last edited:

hallett21

Reaction score
Since I’m on a roll here.. every time some little hiccup happens all the haters say “oh shit! This is it!!” “He stole your money you Just wait and see!”

This transmission thing was a great example of that. All over the internet it was “this is the thing that does them in.” We can go over the 100 things before that if ya want.

That’s the perspective of the internet hater because they have no perspective. Most of these guys are never “has beens” that really haven’t ever gone out and created something on their own from the ground up. I don’t mean that in terms of a sxs, or a product line. I mean anything, like a business, or something that you have to dedicate yourself too more than anything in your life, including your family or even yourself.

A little more on the perspective front.. omg they gotta buy back however many transmissions!! Haters think it’s huge because they imagine having to nut that number and it would hurt them personally..

Here’s reality.. if they had to purchase back all the original cars that are out right now it would equate to about two months of insurance premiums for the company.

They are operating at a level that most aren’t capable of comprehending because they are spending more money each day than most make in a year.

Prime example.. just the insurance for this company (not staff, not tooling, not production, not any of the actual expensive parts) is 350,000.00 a month.

RD
Preach

HullofaTime

Reaction score
Well said…all of the above, the “late delivery” is honestly justified, the original plan is out the window and is now 100x bigger, the whole spectrum of events makes sense, I can’t understand why someone would hate so hard that they would compromise their own intelligence. Better off not saying anything at all, than to look bad attempting to dig deep because you want to be a hater rather than understand why and how the process works the way it does.

Anyway happy Friday cheers 🍻🍻

riverroyal

Reaction score

20-30 transmissions…. And a couple hundred castings isn’t even a blip on the radar.
Agreed.

Albacore

Reaction score

It's a viscous cycle.
Car is almost done
Car is broke
Shit talk starts
Then it starts over
Car is almost done....

Confused yet 😁

Probably gonna start to sound like LOF here but basically I put a deposit down on something that has gone up about 35% in cost basically I’m holding my place and not having to pay any increases. For what it’s worth it’s only been 14 months for me. I have my other car I have never sold it. I have made more trips this year then in the past 3 years many to ocotillo wells, plaster city, Johnson Valley, Lucerne Valley and Glamis. Now getting ready to leave for a week to Utah right around easter and do some off roading with my good friends. Basically I consider it somewhat of an investment on a non essential item at this point. Was in Vegas a few weeks ago for the NASCAR race and my wife’s birthday and Keith Urban concert. I don’t gamble but I saw people putting down the amount of deposit I had on one hand and losing it just like that. So to me a $1500 And a down payment of another 1500 on a few options that again have gone up in price and will be installed for free it’s not a big deal to me.

I have seen on other threads lately people are selling them and making money so basically if I felt like getting out of it I could probably make money. But that’s not what I want. I want to hold on for a car that has been through the ringer and tested as best as it can. I already assume that there may be something that could pop up to the first year model. If that happens it won’t be any different than all the other brands out there. Yes they promised this promise that and time has past but in the end I think they have been unrealistic and my expectations that everything would have gone just about the way it has has not bothered me. So I’ll sit here and wait I don’t care if it takes another year or two I wish them the best of luck and I really dig what they have actually come to develop. Even you guys on the other side of the table must understand what an undertaking this was. I will never buy a Polaris. I don’t care if they win every race in the world. I flipped more those things back over from being on their side and put fires out, towed them back to camp etc.

The car I have now has an 091 in it basically you get about three years if you’re lucky and five years if you’re really lucky. After I had it rebuilt the last time I decided right away to buy a ring and pinion from Weddle and the other necessary parts I usually use every 3 to 5 years at rebuild time. This was even before the virus but then during the virus things were hard to get at that time and I figured I may as well just get more of these parts and put them in the garage in case me or any of my friends that run the same transmission would need the parts. We all run the same gear ratios. Today I went to go drop off the transmission at the shop that always rebuilds it for me. He said damn you saved yourself about $1200 from when you bought those parts to what they cost today. I told him he even made me feel better when I saved about the cost of my deposit on the speed. I guess in my own mind I can justify it any way I want but believe me it does not bother me as much as it seems to bother a lot of you other folks.

Last edited:

Fishd00d

Reaction score
Havent read all of the last few pages however the new RZR Pro R Factory car looks pretty good! Had a good time at the reveal event this week. It will race in the open class so not sure if we will see Speed cars in that same class or not, I dont think so as I think they will be in Pro Turbo. But it just depends which series and what size tires they want to run. I believe with 35" tires they will have to race in open against the Pro R, and Jackel lol.

I talked to the Polaris engineer who designed the Pro R and he said he had one they were testing in 2017, so that mean they were testing them 4 years before the first customer even got one......

Yes Can-Am has a new car coming, ive seen spy pics of it and its a bigger car. However I don't believe its over 1000cc.......

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
I talked to the Polaris engineer who designed the Pro R and he said he had one they were testing in 2017, so that mean they were testing them 4 years before the first customer even got one......

That’s accurate. That’s around the time we spied them testing the Pro R in the middle of nowhere.

stonehenge

Reaction score
Totally apples to apples.. LOL

That said bad ass machine!

RD
Respectfully I wasn't comparing it to anything, merely sharing it because it will be competing in a utv class.

In addition the fact they are able to and chose a Polaris power plant to allow them to compete against utv's actually does put it in a similar category.

And as Fish00d eluded to depending on tire size they could be pitted against each other in a race.

And I do agree, it stands to be a bad ass machine.

Reactions: DWC

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Respectfully I wasn't comparing it to anything, merely sharing it because it will be competing in a utv class.

In addition the fact they are able to and chose a Polaris power plant to allow them to compete against utv's actually does put it in a similar category.

And as Fish00d eluded to depending on tire size they could be pitted against each other in a race.

And I do agree, it stands to be a bad ass machine.

If it breaks, even one time, we can sizzle the fuck out of it in the comments 🤣

Skywonders

Banned
Reaction score
Day 1 they announce and have two wildcats there that are stretched two seaters, made into 4 seaters.

Original deposit is 1500.00 total price is like 31k.. this was again taking factory cars and stretching them to a four seater and dialing in suspension.

Awhile later they decide to build their own chassis ground up. After that they decide more HP is necessary. So they decided to build an engine (ground up). then they just took the ball and changed everything right down to the tires.

To pull off a ground up design in motor trans cassis etc is impressive in this short of time frame.. plus they are honoring the Original price.

The haters in this thread keep saying they are falling short. They sold us a modification.. they are building is a mini trophy truck for the same
Price and are honoring the original price..

They aren’t falling short they are going way above and beyond their commitment, and they have done it in a timeline that would be considered borderline impossible.

The original car was sold Too cheap IMO.. it shoulda been in the 40 range. The new car when it’s dialed should be in the 70-80+ range depending on how carried away with it you get.

RD
They haven’t done anything accept say they are. People have given deposits and NOTHING delivered.

Skywonders

Banned
Reaction score
Probably gonna start to sound like LOF here but basically I put a deposit down on something that has gone up about 35% in cost basically I’m holding my place and not having to pay any increases. For what it’s worth it’s only been 14 months for me. I have my other car I have never sold it. I have made more trips this year then in the past 3 years many to ocotillo wells, plaster city, Johnson Valley, Lucerne Valley and Glamis. Now getting ready to leave for a week to Utah right around easter and do some off roading with my good friends. Basically I consider it somewhat of an investment on a non essential item at this point. Was in Vegas a few weeks ago for the NASCAR race and my wife’s birthday and Keith Urban concert. I don’t gamble but I saw people putting down the amount of deposit I had on one hand and losing it just like that. So to me a $1500 And a down payment of another 1500 on a few options that again have gone up in price and will be installed for free it’s not a big deal to me.

I have seen on other threads lately people are selling them and making money so basically if I felt like getting out of it I could probably make money. But that’s not what I want. I want to hold on for a car that has been through the ringer and tested as best as it can. I already assume that there may be something that could pop up to the first year model. If that happens it won’t be any different than all the other brands out there. Yes they promised this promise that and time has past but in the end I think they have been unrealistic and my expectations that everything would have gone just about the way it has has not bothered me. So I’ll sit here and wait I don’t care if it takes another year or two I wish them the best of luck and I really dig what they have actually come to develop. Even you guys on the other side of the table must understand what an undertaking this was. I will never buy a Polaris. I don’t care if they win every race in the world. I flipped more those things back over from being on their side and put fires out, towed them back to camp etc.

The car I have now has an 091 in it basically you get about three years if you’re lucky and five years if you’re really lucky. After I had it rebuilt the last time I decided right away to buy a ring and pinion from Weddle and the other necessary parts I usually use every 3 to 5 years at rebuild time. This was even before the virus but then during the virus things were hard to get at that time and I figured I may as well just get more of these parts and put them in the garage in case me or any of my friends that run the same transmission would need the parts. We all run the same gear ratios. Today I went to go drop off the transmission at the shop that always rebuilds it for me. He said damn you saved yourself about $1200 from when you bought those parts to what they cost today. I told him he even made me feel better when I saved about the cost of my deposit on the speed. I guess in my own mind I can justify it any way I want but believe me it does not bother me as much as it seems to bother a lot of you other folks.
Glad your rich! How about the people who had to sell the UTV they had to put deposit down 2 1/2 years ago!

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Saw one in the wild yesterday, car #18. It was going backwards on the Parker poker run course. Not sure if it was going back for a broken car or made a wrong turn lol

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
This has been in the works for over a year now. It’s basically a pro R designed by Polaris and built mostly in house by the engineers we have helping out with the race team, then in a sence got subbed out to be ran. these Will be available for sale, but id say for now the racers are going to be developing these cars to see what works and what doesn’t. San Felipe will be the first race in them.
So if it doesn't come in first place should we start a new thread talking non-stop shit about what a failure Polaris is?😂😂

Skinny Tire AH

This ain't all folks! Skater368
Reaction score
Havent read all of the last few pages however the new RZR Pro R Factory car looks pretty good! Had a good time at the reveal event this week. It will race in the open class so not sure if we will see Speed cars in that same class or not, I dont think so as I think they will be in Pro Turbo. But it just depends which series and what size tires they want to run. I believe with 35" tires they will have to race in open against the Pro R, and Jackel lol.

Yes Can-Am has a new car coming, ive seen spy pics of it and its a bigger car. However I don't believe its over 1000cc.......
I believe my view in this whole thing is pretty rank & file. Most observers have or have had a UTV or are considering one. I have a 2015 XP4 and for my needs, is 100% adequate. I’m no Ricky racer and normally have wife and son in the car. My driving is very conservative and won’t break my car. (Probably) Nonetheless I’m interested.

In the beginning, I would have long back and forth exchanges with LOF. Those went nowhere and I now just read, without commenting.

As to your comments on the Pro R testing since 2017, Polaris/CanAm test for years, as is Speed, beta testing.

Chevy, Ford and all the Manufacturers test every new product for years.

However, I have yet to see one of any of the names listed above pre-sell a launch (except Tesla) and talk shit about all the other competitors while testing cars largely undelivered. The obtuse arrogance is what causes the negativity, period.

I’d fire a rep that worked for me for that behavior, as it’s a reflection on me. In Speeds case, the negative reactions go to the top.

There should be no surprise here, this is going exactly as human nature is directing it.

I believe @Singleton and I are on the same page. Watch, observe and let the car configurations and modifications settle out before I’ll plop down the green.

I am highly entertained by the Speed subject.

Carry on…👍

dezrtracer

Reaction score
Saw one in the wild yesterday, car #18. It was going backwards on the Parker poker run course. Not sure if it was going back for a broken car or made a wrong turn lol .

We saw 3 Speed cars during the poker run . All 3 finished and were hanging out at the card turn in area after the run .